• Show
Clear All

Re: Wasting food.

lots of waste in restaurants and weddings

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      He's right.
      The prophet :saw: was offered a certain food, I think it was lizard, and he didnt want to eat it, and khalid bin waleed asked of he could eat instead.
      Oh... but what if you have no one to offer it to? Will it be permissible to bin it?
      Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
        Oh... but what if you have no one to offer it to? Will it be permissible to bin it?
        Im not sure.
        They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Oh... but what if you have no one to offer it to? [B]Will it be permissible to bin it?[B]
          no, just don't eat it, maybe give it to a beggar

Comment

I saw a video regarding a saudi restaurant where you will be charged for the food left in the plate so either order less or empty your plate, that money they said was to be donated to an african country i guess. The customers were happy with the idea too.

In sub continent and other 3 world or developing countries one can save his food and give it to any poor person in street or road but in the west its different, sometimes i had to leave it on the table although i was supposed to throw it.

Comment

I was watching a show where the host exposed the restaurants and guys who would buy all the left over food and then sell it on to the much poor communities. They showed it all and it was horrible.
              الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Well if nobody likes it, none of them are obligated to eat it.
                Maybe you can give it to animals or bin it.
                Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Yes but is it binned because you got full or because you didn't like it. If you didn't like it, why order any portion of that in the first place (generic you here, not specifically to OP). That hadith is specifically in regards to disliking a food outright, and perhaps it is interesting that the hadith mentions another eating that and it not going to waste.

To apply such a hadith to binning or not binning food, someone of knowledge should be asked InshAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                    Yes but is it binned because you got full or because you didn't like it. If you didn't like it, why order any portion of that in the first place (generic you here, not specifically to OP). That hadith is specifically in regards to disliking a food outright, and perhaps it is interesting that the hadith mentions another eating that and it not going to waste.

To apply such a hadith to binning or not binning food, someone of knowledge should be asked InshAllah.

You can't know you don't like a certain thing until you've tried it.
                    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Next time ask for a take-away plate ot something and when you've has enough take the rest with you and inshallah you'll have sonething for later or for the next day. If it is not buffet thats what I do...though usually my stomach just wants it all :(
                      6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

^ lol, you like food too? we're twins hahaha ;-)
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I love food too :( can i be a triplet with you guys... but it was alot... to the extent that i feared i might vomit if i was to take another spoonful... i don't get why i waa served alot.

I have learnt my lesson. I will never do something selfish like that again...
                          Bye...

Comment

I love food too :( can i be a triplet with you guys... but it was alot... to the extent that i feared i might vomit if i was to take another spoonful... i don't get why i waa served alot.

I have learnt my lesson. I will never do something selfish like that again...
                            I know how u feel sis... i love food too. but when i go to most restaurants nowadays its either Medium or Large portions of food..no small anymore.
                            Okay :)

Comment

ill be honest my problem is eating too much food lol

Comment

you should always try to never waste food.

i hate e.g on tv programmes for a joke they throw around food and it's so ignorant.

sad fact is poor people would literally eat off the floor of the food they've thrown and for them it's a joke. an expense they spare not thinking of those suffering from poverty.

it's obviously disrespectful to what Allah has given us too.
                                DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X