Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasting food.

:salams:

This issue has been bothering me for sometime. I feel really really guilty.

It happened a week ago and i tend to not go for canteen food, but i was feeling something warm rather than cold sandwiches.

So i went and got a plate of stirfry. I was at shock over the amount of food i was served, i even asked for half the food to be returned since i knew i will not be able to consume it, but i still had alot left, and the people waiting looked pretty annoyed at me since i was taking alot of time. So i thought forget it i can probably manage to consume all that.

So i took my meal... 3 mouthfuls and i felt full... i tried to eat as much as i can but i could not eat anymore... there were still alot of food left... i offered it to my friends and begged them to have some, but they didn't want. I literally offered it to random people i did not even know.

So anyways, i had to go and i couldn't think of anything else to do with this food... so i threw it in the bin. Astagfirillah

I feel so bad, i just now thought that i should have got a bag and put it in it. It wasn't even a little amount it was loads left. There are so many people that can't afford food and i am wasting food like that.

I will never order from the canteen again.

Can someone please post hadiths on how bad it is to waste food?
    Jzk.
    Last edited by Maghrebia00; 24-01-14, 01:09 AM.
    Bye...

Re: Wasting food.

"Eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (All‚h) likes not Al-MusrifŻn (those who waste by extravagance). (Al-A'raf 7:31)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said:" The child of Adam has not filled any receptacle worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the child of Adam to eat small bits of food that keep him healthy. Now if he wants to eat much any way, he should give a third to the food, a third to the drink and a third (of his stomach) to let him breathe comfortably."(Ahmad)

Anas said: "The prophet ordered us not to leave anything in the plate and he said: "You do not know in which portion of your food Allah has put the Barakah "(Blessing). (Muslim)

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminati View Post

"Eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (All‚h) likes not Al-MusrifŻn (those who waste by extravagance). (Al-A'raf 7:31)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said:" The child of Adam has not filled any receptacle worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the child of Adam to eat small bits of food that keep him healthy. Now if he wants to eat much any way, he should give a third to the food, a third to the drink and a third (of his stomach) to let him breathe comfortably."(Ahmad)

Anas said: "The prophet ordered us not to leave anything in the plate and he said: "You do not know in which portion of your food Allah has put the Barakah "(Blessing). (Muslim)
      Yes 1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 to let him breathe so we become comfortable... subhanallah that is so true.

Jzk.
      Bye...

Comment

I hate it when people waste food, even muslims, some people just don't realise that they will be held account for their actions!

We recycle food that is inedible by composting it- So please recycle everything. Me and my dear lovely mother HATE it when food is treated like that. We should be grateful for what we have, people are suffering in other places, and we have all these luxuries and yet, people just love wasting, it's so easy for them
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

food doesn't get wasting at my place, left over food and bread go to the sheep
          Yaa Muqallib al Quloob thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O Turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your Deen

Comment

Use small plate for your food that way you eat less :)
            الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

:salams

We should also keep in mind, that if you don't like a certain food, you are not obliged to eat it.
              So we must also keep that in mind.
              You are accountable for you actions, but it's always within reason. Food you don't eat because you don't like it isn't a sin.
              Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

yea obviously its not good to waste food,
                just have small portions, you can always have more if you want

Comment

I love food mash Allah, not the fussy type

I like garlic lol, I know the prophet pbuh used to avoid food like that because the Angels don't like it
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Just wanted to add that with food you should put enough in you rplate obviously but then not leave any as you don't know which morsel may contain your barakah

Today people mock those who use their fingers to wipe the plate clean and lick their fingers, yet the sahabah I understand would put a little water in their bowls swirl and drink that too just in case

for parents next time your little one licks their plate remember this LOL

Comment

wa'alakumsalaam

Next time take packed lunch with you.

Your not just wasting food, but money as well.

Comment

^ I always get surrounded by my colleagues when I take my smelly food

Comment

One of the pious people used to always have soup. He was asked why? It was because he didn't want to waste time. This teaches us it is important not to spend too much time eating food.

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
                            :salams

We should also keep in mind, that if you don't like a certain food, you are not obliged to eat it.
                            So we must also keep that in mind.
                            You are accountable for you actions, but it's always within reason. Food you don't eat because you don't like it isn't a sin.
                            I did not know that jzk.
                            But are you sure about that?
                            Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                              I did not know that jzk.
                              But are you sure about that?
                              He's right.
                              The prophet :saw: was offered a certain food, I think it was lizard, and he didnt want to eat it, and khalid bin waleed asked of he could eat instead.
                              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                              X