Being a Muslim in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being a Muslim in America

And also America is a Christian country, not polytheistic. So that pretty much changes things doesn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulayman1999 View Post
      But I see that there are loads of Muslim communities there... What about the UK???
      Yeah I'm confused, I'm like 13, there is no way I can move away from here as my parents live here and I must look after them. And anyways we don't even know what our countries are actually doing right now, they lie so much.
      And also America is a Christian country, not polytheistic. So that pretty much changes things doesn't it.
      Christianity can be polytheist, it depends on the denomination. To my knowledge greek orthodox is the closest thing to the actual bible out of all the denominations

My dad had to come here or they were going to send him to the Algerian army, not good...
      Last edited by Faissaloo; 24-01-14, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I'm 14 turning 15... My dad died and I live with my mom and we're moving to America soon because QATAR IS FORCING US out (they really are) and it'll be hard to come back. And doesn't it say somewhere in the Qur'an that people can live, eat, and marry with the "People of the Book"? Allah forgive me if I'm wrong...
        Last edited by Sulayman1999; 24-01-14, 05:45 PM. Reason: Misspelled Mom

Comment

I love Allah very much and try to do everything he has obligated us to do and I try to follow the Sunnah of Muhammad (PBUH). But I'm being force out of Qatar. :/ and now I found out that it's haram to stay in America... Sigh....

Comment

I love Allah very much and try to do everything he has obligated us to do and I try to follow the Sunnah of Muhammad (PBUH). But I'm being force out of Qatar. :/ and now I found out that it's haram to stay in America... Sigh....
            I suggest you look it up a bit before you make any rash decisions, this forum isn't really the best place for authentic hadiths...

Comment

America is a secular country with many christians living in it (mostly in the south). We have something like 42% irreligious/atheist. Also, most xtians here are catholic, and they worship 3 gods on top of Maryam (ra) and their many saints. The Prophet (Saw) said those who willingly settle among the disbelievers are one of them.

However, even if they were all practicing monotheists, this particular country is at war with the Muslims and slaughter Muslims, which would make it haraam to settle there and pay taxes to them anyway.

You're free to choose the path you want, only you will answer to Allah for it. Just don't try to make the haraam to be halaal, because that is kufr.

Being forced isn't the same thing as willingly moving * btw. But you asked if it was halaal and you were answered.

Comment

My mom I remember used to tell me that in the "Qu'ran" it says You can live with "The People of the Book", eat with "The People of the Book" and marry "The People of the Book". And there are loads of Sheikhs there o.o..... It's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery confusing

Comment

Yeah I'm forced there. So is it okay if I stay temporarily in the USA just to start a business and get money and then head on over to the Middle East (i'll prefer Saudi over Qatar)? And what about visiting families "sometimes" in america? I know that Allah (SWT) doesn't want to break ties with kinship, is that also permissible? Plz answer

Comment

My mom I remember used to tell me that in the "Qu'ran" it says You can live with "The People of the Book", eat with "The People of the Book" and marry "The People of the Book". And there are loads of Sheikhs there o.o..... It's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery confusing
                    Used to tell you? Have you not read the Qur'an yourself? Brother, If you haven't, that should be your first priority before anything, even moving.

The Qur'an does not say the first two at all. It only says that men can marry women of the book. Sisters cannot. And there are many "christian" sects today who are not true christians. A Muslim cannot marry a mormon, for example. They are mushrikeen and Allah forbade Muslims from marrying the mushrikeen.

Follow the majority opinion of the ahlulsunnah, not wayward shaykhs who have a minority opinion that sounds freaky and unislamic. It's not as complicated as you make it out to be, Islaam is easy.

Yeah I'm forced there. So is it okay if I stay temporarily in the USA just to start a business and get money and then head on over to the Middle East (i'll prefer Saudi over Qatar)? And what about visiting families "sometimes" in america? I know that Allah (SWT) doesn't want to break ties with kinship, is that also permissible? Plz answer
                    You're not guilty or sinful for what people force you to do. But if you have the means (money) to leave, then you should. I suggest you contact a scholar for your unique situation.

If you don't want to break ties, then just call them on the phone. As long as you are there for them, you have not broken ties.

Comment

I do read the Qur'an everyday.... What I meant is that my mom and I would occasionally argue over this. So I guess the only option is to live in the Middle East (with the exception of visiting family occasionally). May Allah (SWT) help me and my family :(

Comment

I do read the Qur'an everyday.... What I meant is that my mom and I would occasionally argue over this. So I guess the only option is to live in the Middle East (with the exception of visiting family occasionally). May Allah (SWT) help me and my family :(
                        Islaam says that

- They (people of the book) are permitted to live in the Muslim land as taxpayers as long as they are peaceful, and Allah did not forbid us from dealing peacefully with them
                        - We can eat the meat they have slaughtered, as long as Allah's name has been pronounced over it (christians don't do this anymore). It doesn't say we can "eat with them".
                        - Muslim men can marry jewish and christian women, as long as they are chaste and not mushrika, because Allah forbade marrying mushrikeen.

Ameen to dua. You should obey your parents as long as they are not calling you to disobey Allah. If they tell you to go with them, then go. If you can persuade them to choose a different country, then do your best effort to guide them to a safe Muslim country.

Comment

Ameen. Could you also answer this question for me. Is it okay to deal with disbelievers when it comes to business? such as sponsorship, investing, etc.? Jazak Allah Khairun

Comment

These are questions that should be asked to a scholar. Anyone can come on a forum and say anything they like. Be careful akhi.

http://islamqa.info/en/131950

Praise be to Allaah.

With regard to a Muslim entering into a partnership with a Christian or any other non-Muslim in raising livestock or farming or anything else, the basic principle is that it is permissible so long as it does not involve too close a friendship, and it is only cooperation in some kind of wealth such as agriculture, livestock and so on. A number of the scholars said that that is permissible provided that the Muslim himself is in charge of the business, i.e., he himself is in charge of running the venture in agriculture or raising livestock, and the kaafir should not do that, because he is not to be trusted.

This is subject to further discussion. If this partnership will lead to too close a friendship or doing that which Allah has forbidden or failing to do that which Allah has enjoined, then this partnership is haraam because of the corruption to which it leads. But if it will not lead to any of those things and the Muslim is the one who is in charge, and he is the one who will take care of it so that he would not be cheated, then there is nothing wrong with that.

But whatever the case, it is better to avoid such partnerships and to enter into partnerships with his Muslim brothers rather than others, so that he will keep his religious commitment and his wealth safe, because entering into a partnership with one who is an enemy to him in religious terms poses a danger to his morals, religious commitment and wealth. So it is better for the believer in every situation to keep away from such matters, so as to protect his religious commitment, to protect his honour, to protect his wealth and so as to avoid betrayal by one who is an enemy to him in religious terms, except in cases of necessity when there is a need for that, in which case there is nothing wrong with it, subject to the conditions mentioned above, namely that it should not cause any harm to his religious commitment, honour or wealth and on condition that he should be in charge, because that is safer for him. So the kaafir should not be in charge; rather the Muslim should be in charge of the business or a Muslim should act on his behalf.

End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Thanks for the answer sister. Jazak Allah Khairun :) P.S. My mom told me to just calm down, relax, and deal with it when the time comes. Insha'Allah Allah will help us :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X