Being a Muslim in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a Muslim in America

Asalam alaykum wa rahmatulillahi wa barakatu!

I have a question that's kind of making me feel "depressed". I'm a Muslim American and i'm leaving to America soon. Is it permissible for me to stay there permanently? And is it haram to own a nice fancy house there, even If someone spends an excessive amount in sadaqa (charity) without decreasing in faith?? Please answer this question!

Jazak Allah

Re: Being a Muslim in America

Sorry, but its not permitted to live in the lands of infidels, especially those whom wage war on Muslims.
    your online source of hadiths: http://sunnah.com/
    ask me questions: ask.fm/caetratilegion

Comment

Even if I'm from there and it's extremely difficult to live in the Middle East???? What about Muslim Communities in America! :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarilegion View Post
        Sorry, but its not permitted to live in the lands of infidels, especially those whom wage war on Muslims.
        Daleel Akhi?

Comment

Originally posted by Sulayman1999 View Post
          :wswrwb:

Comment

Originally posted by Islam3333 View Post
            Daleel Akhi?
            As for the Hadeeth where it was narrated that the Prophet , told us that he disassociated himself from any Muslim who lived in a country of disbelievers, this Hadeeth applies to those who are not safe from affliction.

It is permissible to move from one non-Muslim country to another if they are not at war with Muslims, because the same ruling applies to both, especially if there is a religious reason, such as learning, undertaking Da‘wah (Islamic propagation), or cooperating in righteousness and piety.

It's only permissible to live in a Non Muslim country that is not at war with Muslims and lets us our Muslim duties.
            http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=12829

But there are exceptions I think
            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

So I can stay there right? It's pretty difficult to live in the Middle East, and I'm from America :\ would be sad to know that I couldn't go there.

Comment

So I can stay there right? It's pretty difficult to live in the Middle East, and I'm from America :\ would be sad to know that I couldn't go there.
                Depends on why you are staying there.
                Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

which country are you living in and why is it difficult? One would think that ME would be easier on some points for a Muslim
                  My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                  Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

The reason is the paying for a Visa, and etc. Being a Muslim in the Middle East is without a doubt best for my religion, but my current life situation is "forcing me" out of the Middle East. Me and my family got a some problems so we HAVE to go to America (there's no other choice)... so yeah :\ I would love to come back when I can (Insha'Allah). But is it 100% Haram to live there permanently without Indulging in haram activities????? It's puzzling me :help:

Comment

I have a question that's kind of making me feel "depressed". I'm a Muslim American and i'm leaving to America soon. Is it permissible for me to stay there permanently?
                      No (just fyi, america is at war with Islaam. There are plenty of kaafir countries who are not)

There are very few reasons that excuse a Muslim settling in darulkufr. The Prophet(saw) said whoever settles among the non-muslims is one of them.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “I am not responsible for any Muslim who stays among polytheists. They asked: 'Why, Apostle of Allah? He said: ‘Their fires should not be visible to one another.’, and he (peace be upon him) said, “Who joins the polytheists and lives with them then he is like them” and he (peace be upon him) said: “Migration will not end until repentance ends, and repentance will not end until the sun rises in the west.” Ref: "Al-Musnad", Vol.4/99, Abu Dawud, Kitab al-Jihad, Vol.3/7, Hadith 2479, and ad-Darami, Kitab as-Siyyar, Vol.2/239. Albani classifies it as Sahih. See: "Sahih al-Ja'mi' as-Sagheer", Vol.6/186, Hadith 7346.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have nothing to do with any Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (2645) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Abdullah Ibn Omar said: "Whoever settles amongst the disbelievers, celebrates their feasts and joins in their revelry and dies in their midst will likewise be raised to stand with them on the Day of Resurrection. [Ibn Taymiyyah said in his book: "Iqtidha' as-Sifat alMustaqeem", p.200, that the chain of narration of this Hadith is Sahih.]

And is it haram to own a nice fancy house there, even If someone spends an excessive amount in sadaqa (charity) without decreasing in faith?? Please answer this question!

Jazak Allah
                      No

You can buy anything you are able to afford. What is haraam is spending excessively, no matter what your income is.
                      Last edited by |Sister|; 24-01-14, 03:47 PM.

Comment

http://islamqa.info/en/13363

Comment

The reason is the paying for a Visa, and etc. Being a Muslim in the Middle East is without a doubt best for my religion, but my current life situation is "forcing me" out of the Middle East. Me and my family got a some problems so we HAVE to go to America (there's no other choice)... so yeah :\ I would love to come back when I can (Insha'Allah). But is it 100% Haram to live there permanently without Indulging in haram activities????? It's puzzling me :help:
                          you can go in scandinavia. I dont know if Ireland is at war? There is Island too but it is very very very cold. Malaysia welcomes foreigners especially qualified ones, there is singapore etc... But united states to be honest...
                          My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Oh God.... We'll I guess I'll stay there temporarily, do some business, and fly back to the Middle East :/

Comment

But I see that there are loads of Muslim communities there... What about the UK???

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X