X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you thoughts on make up?

^ meant to say 'What are YOUR thoughts on make up?'

Assalamualikum!

Hello ladies! (okay if you're a man and secretly wear make up- cool! just share your opinions but if you're a Muslim man I am concerned my dear brother in Islam, we will all politely show you the right direction to take- facial wipes)

(In all honesty everyone is welcome, just please give your reasons why you hate it or love it)

Polite notice: Please do not give me lectures on how to wear make up, I am qualified in that arena, and know all about contouring aka deceiving Jazak Allah Hu Khair

Where do you draw the line (please don't say the waterline I do not mean literally)?

How much is TOO MUCH?

Wearing it when you have wudhu?

Why would you wear it?

(Also this is related to one of the marriage threads regarding 'deception', so instead of going on and on about make up there, it deserves it's own thread)

:-) I'm so excited, also nobody is perfect
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 23-01-14, 12:19 AM.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Re: What are you thoughts on make up?

oh my gosh you stole my thunder::: i was going to post a thread to get some make-up tutorials for tanned skin lol. Now i am self-conscious two make-up threads in less than five minutes= too much (so if you find any............................................... ..............;;;;give it to me please)

otherwise to answer some of your questions : make up is fun, it is too much when you look like a stolen car. Less is best. Wudhu is fine except maybe for mascara because it can be thick. For the skin well if you feel the water then obviously there is no obstruction.

Deception qualifies someone who wants to cheat on people on X subject her face or height. It then bows down to the intention. How about just being presentable? There is no conspiracy behind maybelline
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Where do you draw the line

I only need bronzer n concealer - those r my main ones. I could live without the rest. cant speak for other women

Wearing it when you have wudhu?
      If im going to a wedding or event, I have to make sure I pray first before applying it. = hassle

Why would you wear it?
      I dont contour because alhumdulilah Allah gave me high cheekbones n I dont need to make my nose look thin etc

but I wore it just to experiment n then you think oh I look better if I just use a bit of bronzer, makes me look more alive or glam

==

but I love when my cousins/friends are round n doing each others hair n makeup etc

hours of fun ...

Ive never been a girly girl but all my sisters are so I have knowledge of such stuff

re: deception - I see girls who have never worn makeup n then on their wedding day they do n look like a different person

scurry
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

This is coming from someone that at certain occassions would wear eyeliner. Still trying to figure out foundation though. So i guess i am qualified to answer.

How much is too much?... if you look like the next person with too much makeup then thats too much... sure wear makeup but don't cover your face where you no longer look like you but look exactly the same as every other person... almost like your walking with a mask.

Wudhu?... not sure... once you do wudhu it will rub off unless its water proof in which case wudhu ia not valid. However i have seen some girls do wudhu then apply makeup and they claim it does not invalid wudhu, idk? I am not sure.

Why do you wear make-up?... because i feel like a female lol... i am starting to really like feeling so female-like... and tbh i always liked makeup on people, i think they look really pretty... it is just i never knew how to apply makeup.. still don't... but i like it... the best makeup i like are those on geishas... i know quite different... but i like the bold red lips, eyeliner flick and red cheeks... i generally like the way geishas look.
        Bye...

Comment

i love wearing makeup, mine is literally unnoticable, i like it because you can highlight certain features or try out new looks/colours, and i don't wear makeup for people to stare at, sometimes ill do a full face but not leave the house lol

hmm as for how much is too much thats different for everyone, some people need full coverage others dont, some people can pull off a full face of makeup with it looking natural, other people will wear just the basics but itll be much more noticeable. about wudhu im guessing you have to take it all off,

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post

Wudhu?... not sure... once you do wudhu it will rub off unless its water proof in which case wudhu ia not valid. However i have seen some girls do wudhu then apply makeup and they claim it does not invalid wudhu, idk? I am not sure.
            k.
            yea it would be valid, since your wudu is already done, n ur applying it after.

Originally posted by Superwoman View Post
            and i don't wear makeup for people to stare at, sometimes ill do a full face but not leave the house lol
            Lol I love experimenting when im at home then taking pics

==

All women, whether born in a rainforest or a village in Africa, love to beautify themselves, just do it in different ways.

maybe they make a tooth necklace or something
            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Wa alaykumasalaam

There's another big thread on make up in the lounge so maybe the two can be merged? I can bump it if you like.

Lol @ waterline, that's funny.

How much is too much?

Foundation is too much seriously, and concealer or anything that completely covers your real skin all over is going over the top. It shows that you're not comfy seeing your perfect for you imperfections. Hate these wet paint-like substances.

Wudhu-

If you have eyeliner it's kool, the other stuff like mascara/blusher blah blah don't do unless you've prayed or you gonna keep your wudhu.
              (See how concealer and foundation would be SOOO inconvenient and wasteful?)

Why?

Manz a girl innit and because I can hehe haha hoho

-----

You should be happy and content seeing yourself with no make up and being able to look in the mirror and say "hey, how you doin" (okay not literally but say alhamdulilah and don't cringe at yourself when you see your beautiful natural face).

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't wear it....the only time I've actually put it on myself is in a video game.

I heard BB/CC cream are good though, since they're lotion/concealers and still keep your skin looking normal though.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                [2:186]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                  You should be happy and content seeing yourself with no make up and being able to look in the mirror and say "hey, how you doin" .
                  like Joey from FRiends
                  My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                    oh my gosh you stole my thunder::: i was going to post a thread to get some make-up tutorials for tanned skin lol. Now i am self-conscious two make-up threads in less than five minutes= too much (so if you find any............................................... ..............;;;;give it to me please)

otherwise to answer some of your questions : make up is fun, it is too much when you look like a stolen car. Less is best. Wudhu is fine except maybe for mascara because it can be thick. For the skin well if you feel the water then obviously there is no obstruction.

Deception qualifies someone who wants to cheat on people on X subject her face or height. It then bows down to the intention. How about just being presentable? There is no conspiracy behind maybelline
                    Foundation is a barrier between the skin and so are blusher and other stuff like mascara.

Made up face isn't our natural face and maybe it is deception in a sense-ish coz you be saying you got no imperfections on the skin when in reality we've all got imperfections, this is with foundation I've found (or I just really dislike it).

Marriage related then yes it is deception coz it's not the real you is it? (You is generic throughout)

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                      like Joey from FRiends
                      Lol (how'd 'you know!)

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Lol (how'd 'you know!)
                        so basically we hit on ourselves?

Im ok with that if you are :/
                        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                          so basically we hit on ourselves?

Im ok with that if you are :/
                          Looooooool wth eew no no I meant just being alhamdulilah about your natural self.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Wa alaykumasalaam

There's another big thread on make up in the lounge so maybe the two can be merged? I can bump it if you like.

Lol @ waterline, that's funny.

How much is too much?

Foundation is too much seriously, and concealer or anything that completely covers your real skin all over is going over the top. It shows that you're not comfy seeing your perfect for you imperfections. Hate these wet paint-like substances.

Wudhu-

If you have eyeliner it's kool, the other stuff like mascara/blusher blah blah don't do unless you've prayed or you gonna keep your wudhu.
                            (See how concealer and foundation would be SOOO inconvenient and wasteful?)

Why?

Manz a girl innit and because I can hehe haha hoho

-----

You should be happy and content seeing yourself with no make up and being able to look in the mirror and say "hey, how you doin" (okay not literally but say alhamdulilah and don't cringe at yourself when you see your beautiful natural face).
                            Manz a girl? Loool okay.

That is scary. If you start getting attached.

I am currently attached to my bank card and phone... leaving the house without one of those makes me feel so nervous. Every hour i have to browse my bag checking for "phone, card" then i breathe... i no longer shop with cash, i don't know what cash feels like anymore.

Maybe thats what is with people and makeup... they do not know what it feels like without makeup, like me with cash... and have security with knowing they are makeurised... like when i feel secure knowing my bank card is in my possession.

Seriously, without my bank card i will feel so down even if i know i am not going to use it, and actually i don't use it often. I probably need help, this is not healthy behaviour.
                            Bye...

Comment

Looooooool wth eew no no I meant just being alhamdulilah about your natural self.
                              yea same here, I was totttttally not ok with it.
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X