www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Re: Advice on saving up

:wswrwb:

Spend less :up:
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

I have always been sensible with money so whenever I get paid, a percentage goes into my savings account n the rest which I can spend freely is in my current

eg my sis, a spendaholic. kinda went crazy

so my mum took charge whenever she got paid... mum would put half into her savings account every month n then she got to have her dream wedding, her dream car etc

bleurgh

==

so back to u

get a savings account?

=======

Sell your clutter on eBay

Consider own-brand goods

Consider a pay-as-you go mobile

Avoid expensive days / evenings out

Use your library

Use your talent to earn extra cash - im guessing you do this already

Ask yourself: do I really need this? - dont fall for the 3 for 2 offers.
      Last edited by Fairy; 22-01-14, 11:04 PM.
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
      “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

walayk salam, do you have a spending problem?
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          :salams

Any tips?
          I have some tips for you. These tips are proven facts and are used by many millionaires/billionaires.

1. Save 10% minimum of your earnings every month,
          2. Invest what you saved,
          3. Give 1% minimum of your earnings away to charity every month,
          4. Budget what you have left from your monthly earnings

These steps can be broken down further into a lot more detail, but this should get you started.
          Last edited by oshirowanen; 22-01-14, 11:18 PM.

Comment

This is the thing, I'm not unable to manage my money however I feel uncomfortable leaving money in my account (not coz of theft or stuff like that) coz if it's sitting in there then I know others could benefit if that makes sense. But this might change coz I've figured something else out.

I'm nt a spend freak or anything like that....well not on myself.

Anyway keep the tips coming, I think I'm getting somewhere.

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
            The children need your prayers more than anyone else

Comment

This is the thing, I'm not unable to manage my money however I feel uncomfortable leaving money in my account (not coz of theft or stuff like that) coz if it's sitting in there then I know others could benefit if that makes sense. But this might change coz I've figured something else out.

I'm nt a spend freak or anything like that....well not on myself.

Anyway keep the tips coming, I think I'm getting somewhere.
              what exactly is ur problem/issue with money?
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
              ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Comment

if you don't want to keep it in the bank, keep it as precious metals.

savings doesn't mean you are keeping money away from others, it means you are going to benefit from it if your income is halted by Allah's Will
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                  what exactly is ur problem/issue with money?
                  For example, the orphan home project (click me sig to see more) could benefit a lot more from it and need it more, there are people (little ones even) who are missing basic necessities and they could benefit from the money sitting in our bank accounts.

Like that ^^. And then dying with money in yor account and the fear that those who get it (inherit it) will do bad with it etc. My belongings are mainly universal (even my clothes they can be benefitted from). I've lived like this for a while.

I hope some of this is making sense.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

if it's sitting in there then I know others could benefit if that makes sense.
                    If you keep doing that, you will only ever be able to give a few hundred pounds to people who need it. But if you use your money as a tool to make more money, you can help a whole lot more people.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                      if you don't want to keep it in the bank, keep it as precious metals.

savings doesn't mean you are keeping money away from others, it means you are going to benefit from it if your income is halted by Allah's Will
                      Gold an diamonds you mean?

Yea I know, I've figured a way through this now alhamdulilah that way I don't feel bad.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

For example, the orphan home project (click me sig to see more) could benefit a lot more from it and need it more, there are people (little ones even) who are missing basic necessities and they could benefit from the money sitting in our bank accounts.

Like that ^^. And then dying with money in yor account and the fear that those who get it (inherit it) will do bad with it etc. My belongings are mainly universal (even my clothes they can be benefitted from). I've lived like this for a while.

I hope some of this is making sense.
                        It makes perfect sense, so what you do is you save 10% and make that 10% work for you so you can give more to charity

Plus, you will be giving 1% minimum to charity every month anyway which should ideally be increase to 10% eventually as you earn more from your investments.

Comment

Yea I know, I've figured a way through this now alhamdulilah that way I don't feel bad.
                          gold and silver bulion/coins, like the Islamic Currency (not jewellery)

Comment

^ u give ur money to zakat every year dont you?

as in all ur savings u count up n then give the amount to charity n then the usual monthly giving

so in a way u have paid to charity for the money u have saved up

==

also I have savings, but its for my wedding day (Allah knows best when that will happen haahha) n my future home, kids etc

BUT I have told my fam if I die then make sure you use it wisely. but yea good idea about giving savings to charity after u die.

thanks my gemmy gem
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Gold is a great investment as the price goes higher so you get more back when you sell

muhahahahaa
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Working...
                              X