Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying A Gift For A (Singular) Sibling And Not The Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying A Gift For A (Singular) Sibling And Not The Others?

:salams:
    Long story short...
    Sister's school shoes broke (While at school), I insisted that I buy her a new pair as her alternative ones were a tiny bit too small for her which were causing her discomfort...
    Anyways... (My question) I bought my sister a pair of shoes (today) and just a few moments ago I realised that I had treated my siblings unfairly by doing that. (I usually buy her things and neglect the others)

Would it only be right of me to do the same thing for my other siblings (3 brothers)?
    I'm fairly certain of a hadith which says something across the lines of (Paraphrasing) "If you give something to one of your children then you should (must?) give something to your other children"
    Would it be right to give something to the others too?

I mean if I do that then they'd all have different shoes and someone will get jealous...............

What do?
    The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
    "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Re: Buying A Gift For A (Singular) Sibling And Not The Others?

Wa alaikum salam

No there is nothing wrong if you give your siblings unequally this applies to parents who should try their best to give all the children equally according to what they need. But obviously everyone wont need the same thing at the same time so they would be given what they need.

Is your sister the youngest? Sure she must be getting all the attention too...
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Walaykumussalam....

You should atleast try and treat them all equally.... I know it may not always be possible.. And I understand she is the only sister you have.

In this case your sister was in need of shoes... I'm sure if your brothers were in need you would try to help them too. And sisters are to be looked after by their mahrams (that is.. I guess if your a brother)

Comment

I gave one of my sis money and when another younger sibling found out they were like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT WHY not me

I go coz I dont like you

she is my fave sibling so she got zee money from me, the rest of you can go scratch

==

anyways back to you

you gave her something which was practical, its not like you bought her a pack of jelly beans and didnt give them to the others.

poor girl needed shoes. it was a necessity, but next time their shoes break, you might have to buy them shoes too
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
        ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
        “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
          I gave one of my sis money and when another younger sibling found out they were like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT WHY not me

I go coz I dont like you

she is my fave sibling so she got zee money from me, the rest of you can go scratch

==
          Wow I'm shocked. That is not something a good Fairy would do.

Comment

I go coz I dont like you

==

anyways back to you

you gave her something which was practical, its not like you bought her a pack of jelly beans and didnt give them to the others.

poor girl needed shoes. it was a necessity, but next time their shoes break, you might have to buy them shoes too
            :salams:
            Lool oh dear :p
            She got zee money did she?

Loool don' think I could say that :p
            ==

Jazak Allah khair

Yeah you're right! :)
            "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
              Wow I'm shocked. That is not something a good Fairy would do.
              who said I was a good fairy?

meh they're all clothed n fed, no one is missing out.
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
              ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Comment

Loool I love your attitude :P

Comment

I thought you was the good Fairy because you're normally kind to all the younger ones on here.

Originally posted by AidanUK View Post
                  Loool I love your attitude :P
                  It's hilarious hahahahahahaha
                  Those short one liners are really lethal though. Full of wit.

Comment

I got 3 sisters, I get them things they would need.

I bought one of them a vaccum. She wasnt happy with that as a gift for some reason. :s

I bought the baby sister a phone because her old one was falling apart. She was happy with that.

And the middle sister started complaining how come she didnt get anything. I said she doesnt need anything, then the older one jumped in saying who gives a vaccum as a gift. They both seem to think I was unfair to them.. hmm...
                    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                    HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
                      I got 3 sisters, I get them things they would need.

I bought one of them a vaccum. She wasnt happy with that as a gift for some reason. :s

I bought the baby sister a phone because her old one was falling apart. She was happy with that.

And the middle sister started complaining how come she didnt get anything. I said she doesnt need anything, then the older one jumped in saying who gives a vaccum as a gift. They both seem to think I was unfair to them.. hmm...
                      :wswrwb:
                      Looks like some practical gifts there
                      Allāhu akbar

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                        I thought you was the good Fairy because you're normally kind to all the younger ones on here.
                        my my arent we the observant one!
                        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

I go coz I dont like you

==

anyways back to you

LOL... I dunno about good or bad but your definitely a cute honest and funny fairy... Made me crack up with your answers hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by maryam203 View Post
                            LOL... I dunno about good or bad but your definitely a cute and funny fairy... Made me crack up with your answers hahaha

LOOOOOLL
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Working...
                            X