Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a sin to remove children from a kafir parent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it a sin to remove children from a kafir parent?

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    I want to make a documentary on Somaliland because a lot of people believe what they see on tv. Bilal philips visited a few weeks ago.
    Reporters usually go to worst effected areas. Good news never sells
    Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
    “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
      Somalia is a big country the North has been peacefull for 20+ years. I even seen dominican converts buying land and marrying wives there. Its like war happening in houston how does that affect someone living in Toronto.

Sudan is also fine just don't believe what you see on tv .
      :jkk: I have a lot to learn about somalia

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
      Yeah thats true nationalism sucks but if you're ever in that situation I got you back gurl. There are many perfectly safe places in Somalia
      :jkk: :D

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3zV-HnR9ClY

If you scroll to 20 min you csn watch what happens when Ustadh Said Rageah invites people who want to make hijrah to Somaliland without any problems and then ustadh Abu Taubah speaks more on the objections raised. I agree with the points raised by Ustadh abu taubah and ustadh Said Rageah. What matters to you ? Xbox or children that know arabic and have memorised the Quran learn the deen at a advanced level.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
          :salams

Hypothetical question. I've been related issues from people (both male and female) whom this situation has happened to. I am curious as to their status in Islaam.

- Religious parent marries "religious" spouse.
          - Spouse becomes murtard, threatens to teach kids murtardedness during visits, and/or sue for custody.
          - Religious parent takes children to parent's country to keep their imaan safe.

To the kuffar, this person is guilty of "kidnapping" his/her own children. He/she is a fugitive and will be imprisoned if caught. His/her children will be taken away and full custody either given to the murtard, or to kuffar foster homes/orphanages.

To the parent, he/she is safeguarding his/her children's imaan and guaranteeing their right to grow up as a Muslim, in a Muslim community, safe from disbelief. And also keeping them away from a harmful atmosphere of tv violence, drugs, gangs, sex in ads/mags/billboards, ect. Keeping them safe from the bad influences of their kafir parent, like dating, premarital sex, smoking, drinking, free mixing, and so on.

My question is this - Is what this parent did considered haraam in Islaam? Is breaking the laws of the land in which they reside, in this particular case, going against the religion?

:jkk:
          :wswrwb:
          As far as Islam is concerned, the parent trying to protect the children is right. The interests of the children comes first and custody will never go to the murtadd parent in Islam.
          It is best to act with wisdom in these cases and not do anything rash to hurt the children's future. If the murtadd parent threatens with legal fights and feeding nonsense to the children, it is best escape to another country as soon as possible. But till then, cooperate with the murtadd so as not to arouse suspicion. Or if it is likely, gain custody rights through legal means.

What I am trying to say is that escaping with children to another country is not the easiest thing to do when you are wanted by the authorities. What the parent does may be right according to Islam, but getting into trouble with the authorities may not be the best option as the Kuffar authorities would not care about the Islamic rights so act in the best interests of the children long-term.
          To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
          Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
          Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
          - AbuM

Comment

:jkk: Are there any fatawa on this?

Comment

--
              Last edited by Sirius; 23-02-14, 11:34 PM.
              'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
              Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
              علي الحبشي

Comment

:jkk: Are there any fatawa on this?
                In Islamic countries, children are awarded to the muslim parent

http://www.expat.or.id/info/childcus...indonesia.html

How Can You Lose Custody of Your Child?

#3 Kafir, a non-Moslem person. Islamic Law finds that a non-Moslem should not be entrusted with the parenting rights of a Moslem child. Furthermore, Islamic Law finds that the non-Moslem parent may possibly deceive the child and remove the child from the religious beliefs of Islam.

Comment

Answer:

Custody of child with hindu

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

In the unfortunate event of a divorce between a believing couple in Islam, regardless of who amongst the spouse initiates the divorce, Shariah Law states that all children (male or female) will remain in the custody of the mother until they reach the age of understanding and puberty; and it will be the responsibility of the father to provide for the financial upkeep of the children.

Once the children reach the age of understanding, the father has a right to move the Shariah Court if he wishes to gain custody of the children. The Shariah Court Judge will then ask the children who have attained the age of puberty whom they wish to live with: their mother or their father; and whatever decision is made by the children will be enforced by the Shariah Judge.

The decision of who gains the custody of the children in a divorce neither rests with the mother, nor the father, nor the Shariah Court Judge; but Allah Subhanah has placed this right of decision in the hands of the children as soon as they reach the age of understanding and puberty. The Shariah Court Judge will only enforce the decision of the children, and give the parent who lost the custody fair visitation rights.

If the mother of the child happens to be a non-muslim (Jew or Christian), or the mother of the child declares apostasy after the marriage, Shariah Law dictates that regardless of the age of the child, the believing father will hold the primary custody of the child.

Your Question: how should we go about getting the child's custody

Respected sister, in your particular case, it all depends on where you reside and what laws apply in the land or nation where you reside.

If you happen to live in an Islamic country, and the civil laws of the land are based on Shariah…..if you can prove to the Shariah Court Judge that the mother of the said child is indeed a disbeliever, the Shariah Court would grant primary custody of the child to the believing father.

But if you happen to live in a land where Shariah Law does not apply in the courts, then obviously you would have no choice but to accept the verdict of the courts of the land.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/7557

Comment

I was given a link

Should he stay in the disbelievers’ land in order to take care of his son from his apostate ex-wife, or should he go back to his Muslim country?

Praise be to Allah

Firstly:

It is not permissible for you to leave your son to be easy prey for the disbelievers. You have to do your utmost to take him away from his mother and her country, so that he can live with you in your country. This is your right according to sharee‘ah, and he should follow you in your religion and be in your custody; that apostate woman has no right to him. If you can give them money to let the boy be with you, then do so; if you can refer the matter to their courts so that he can be in your custody, then do so. In all of these matters, you should consult Islamic centres whose staff you trust in that country, and consult trustworthy lawyers. If you can find a suitable way to take him and bring him to your country, then do so.

If your attempts to keep your son with you now do not succeed, but the law will allow you to have custody of him within a short period of time, then there is nothing wrong with staying there for the duration, so that you can be near him and in constant contact with him, until you are able to have custody of him. At the very least, you can frequently visit that country in order to see him and take care of him as much as you can, within time constraints. Perhaps your frequent visits will be a cause of his mother coming back to Islam and being saved from eternity in the Fire, and it may be a cause of your son bonding with you and loving Islam. At the same time you should do whatever you can to make sure that he is in a clean environment, whether in the place where he is living or in school. We know how difficult that is, but whoever fears Allah, may He be exalted, is sincere in his intention and does his utmost, there is the hope that the difficulties will be reduced for him and his good wishes will be fulfilled.

Secondly:

If your staying in France will increase the likelihood of your son being with you and keeping his religion, and that his apostate mother will not make him into a Christian or turn him away from your religion, then stay close to him until you are able to take custody of him, as mentioned above. If you think that there is no benefit in your staying there, and that you will never be able to take custody of him within a short period of time, then what we think is that you should move to your country Morocco, and start a new life there, but that is on condition that you can frequently visit the place where your son lives, as we mentioned above. Do not cut off your ties with him and keep in touch with him as much as you can.

And Allah knows best.

Comment

Neither of these posts refer to my question, though. About a person who has already done it. I want to know their status in Islaam.

Do they require paying diyya or something for doing it, or are their actions not sinful according to Islaam?

Comment

Neither of these posts refer to my question, though. About a person who has already done it. I want to know their status in Islaam.

Do they require paying diyya or something for doing it, or are their actions not sinful according to Islaam?
                        According to Islam they are not sinful and therefore do not have to pay any compensation. Rather, it is the parent's duty to protect the child from the influence of the murtadd in which ever way possible.

Still, as I mentioned earlier, one must proceed cautiously in today's systems so as not to harm the child's future. For if the parent goes to jail and the child ends up with the murtadd or in foster care, what was the use of the Muslim parent's sacrifice for?
                        To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
                        Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
                        Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
                        - AbuM

Comment

??? What about the parents right for ones child, muslim or not? Taking them away does mean that the other parent will never ever see their child again. Does this count as a threat? I remember hearing in the Quran that no father should be threatened through their child and no mother through her child. Wouldn't the best way be to try and get custody and/or making sure the kid is more influenced by islamic values (taking the kid to quran school etc.) than completely cutting them off their other parent? Sounds so crazy.
                          6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
                            ??? What about the parents right for ones child, muslim or not? Taking them away does mean that the other parent will never ever see their child again.
                            A kaafir legally has no right to a Muslim child. You can use phone calls in order to not break ties with family, but keeping them around a kaafir isn't allowed. Even adult Muslims are told to avoid making friends with the kuffar, and it's allowed for them to avoid kaafir family members if they are doing haraam around him.

Also, a murtard isn't a normal kaafir. It's a murtard, someone who has put himself to war with Allah. Under Islaam, he/she should be executed. That would permanently remove him from the child's presence anyway. There is nothing wrong with totally shunning a murtard.
                            Last edited by |Sister|; 22-01-14, 11:12 AM.

Comment

A kaafir legally has no right to a Muslim child. You can use phone calls in order to not break ties with family, but keeping them around a kaafir isn't allowed. Even adult Muslims are told to avoid making friends with the kuffar, and it's allowed for them to avoid kaafir family members if they are doing haraam around him.

Also, a murtard isn't a normal kaafir. It's a murtard, someone who has put himself to war with Allah. Under Islaam, he/she should be executed. That would permanently remove him from the child's presence anyway. There is nothing wrong with totally shunning a murtard.
                              Ok..well then it gets really dangerous…fail to remove your child and your child will end up with the kuffar..don't remove the child and the child will end up with the kuffar. May Allah saw wa ta aalaa protect us all from ever falling for such a horrible trial.
                              6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                                you would do very well as a tourism and travel PR
                                I love for my brother what i love for myself. Peace a decent ,islamic education a country that won't kick you out

Comment

Working...
                                X