Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real EDL

:salams:
    First I'd like you to go here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-died-2852677
    and then here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-bills.html

And finally...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmNoH...VZgf8LwyFtHNWg
    The Elderly Defence League
    So so sweet!

I was actually looking for something on the EDL and maasha Allah I came across this.

Hehe I may have cried a tiny little bit.
    Last edited by AidanUK; 19-01-14, 01:27 AM.
    The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
    "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Re: The Real EDL

Not quite as sickly sweet as the American evangelical Christians, they can really tug at the heart strings with some of their propaganda, but I have noticed the production values of some of this stuff going up. I guess there are lots of under employed Muslim media studies graduates getting some practice in.

Comment

I actually first read it as "The Real Deal".that is why i clicked the thread.
      TOP MILITARY WORKOUTS http://www.military.com/fitness-cent...rkouts/archive

Comment

Originally posted by Jcobra View Post
        I actually first read it as "The Real Deal".that is why i clicked the thread.
        Haha no deal here unless you're a sweet old lady ;)
        "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
          Not quite as sickly sweet as the American evangelical Christians, they can really tug at the heart strings with some of their propaganda, but I have noticed the production values of some of this stuff going up. I guess there are lots of under employed Muslim media studies graduates getting some practice in.
          Erm ok? Great!

This was nothing to do with propaganda, it's what we would call charity work.

It's actually extremely sweet when you realise how a simple act of kindness is potentially saving lives.

Comment

Salam

Did those elderly just die because of the cold or because they were really old. Or both. Your time is up when it's written for you not a minute sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
              Salam

Did those elderly just die because of the cold or because they were really old. Or both. Your time is up when it's written for you not a minute sooner or later.
              A lot of old people die due to the cold weather, nothing more nothing less.
              Of course but we should still try to save someone's life...
              If Allah(SWT) wills for someone to die, even after they've been protected then that's just the way it is. But we should try to protect human life.

Comment

Originally posted by AidanUK View Post
                Erm ok? Great!

This was nothing to do with propaganda, it's what we would call charity work.

It's actually extremely sweet when you realise how a simple act of kindness is potentially saving lives.
                Yes, silly old cynical me, I saw the tag line at the end about "Challenging Stereotypes", and assumed that to mean they are performing a PR exercise to "show a friendly face" of the religion. I am sure that are doing it for heart felt reasons, and not because they are looking to catch a few converts in their net.

I was slightly puzzled about them giving charity to non Muslims, because I have asked before in the forum and got the message that charity was to be strongly prioritised towards Muslim recipients. (I would never give to a Muslim charity for this reason by the way, because they often discriminate amongst the recipients based upon religion).

So I checked a few sources and I found this:

In the situation you described, you should give charity to the non-Muslim organisations. By doing so, you will be showing your work colleagues that Muslims are taught to respect humanitarian work as a whole.
                In normal circumstances, our financial donations, especially Zakah, is reserved for the people allocated by Shariah. Our Sadaqa, Qurbanis and Zakah money should be given to Muslim organisations.
                From here:
                http://www.islamiccentre.org/index.p...faqs&Itemid=88

It seems important that the image of the religion is protected. I see.

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
                  Yes, silly old cynical me, I saw the tag line at the end about "Challenging Stereotypes", and assumed that to mean they are performing a PR exercise to "show a friendly face" of the religion. I am sure that are doing it for heart felt reasons, and not because they are looking to catch a few converts in their net.

I was slightly puzzled about them giving charity to non Muslims, because I have asked before in the forum and got the message that charity was to be strongly prioritised towards Muslim recipients. (I would never give to a Muslim charity for this reason by the way, because they often discriminate amongst the recipients based upon religion).

So I checked a few sources and I found this:

From here:
                  http://www.islamiccentre.org/index.p...faqs&Itemid=88

It seems important that the image of the religion is protected. I see.
                  Cool story.

Tell me more

Gone with the wind.

Comment

Working...
                  X