Wow. An interesting read.

:jkk:
    Gone with the wind.

Comment

Re: Hijab: A Male Perspective

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

:jkk:

What a fantastic thread..

It's very easy to blame someone else for everything..but this is not a valid excuse for.me in front of Allah on the day of Judgement..

May Allah make me and all of us one of the virtuous, in a time where indeed, the 'Islam' has become strange..
      وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
      Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

:salams

Love it! It's very true. We brothers should try to stay from the emasculated fashion of today, skinny jeans, plucked eyebrows, revealing tops, etc.
        Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

I can relate to the article especially the sixth paragraph

When it comes to marriage, I feel like this, that Muslim men would prefer someone that looks like the model on a certain magazine, or an actress from T.V , makes me sad because I just feel like I'll never get appreciated for who I am (yeh I always feel sorry for myself haha) I can't be like those women and I don't want to be

Also, non muslims always look down on the fact that why is it just muslim women that need to be covered and retain modesty, (they all seem to describe couples where the partner is all gelled up with shorts on and the wife is 'oppressed' with her burka or niqab on, it's common when you look around). What they and the non muslims fail to understand is, both genders should dress modestly

I really liked this post

Jazak Allah Hu Khair for the reminder! :-)
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Jazakallah khair for the post. I can relate like Ya'sin did. I find it most irritable that people flip over women's modesty when their sons are being vile in language and behavior chatting up girls like there's no tomorrow. Instead of making me want to take my hijab off (which I can't even imagine doing) it makes me feel like there's no point to marry in this world because seriously why should I be modest and keep my vision down and look ugly while men prefer women without hijabs and ton of make up and skinny jeans and are unmodest themselves, why should I "lower" myself to that when none of them seem to want to elevate themselves to "my standards". But in a way I totally understand women who take their hijab off..why should they have to battle against everyone when muslim men don't seem to need to battle anything at all. It's to easy for men to say "wear hijabjilbabburkha" while they run around in shorts AND NO BEARD in the sun.
            6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X