Swallong and Drinking X ray style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swallong and Drinking X ray style

look at te jaw.. it looks so stiff as we are eating.. but the fat and facial features surrounding our face makes it look sooo different
    Raindrops.hail.ouch

Re: Swallong and Drinking X ray style

What is it eating?

Comment

I have an ultrasound in an hour and they're making me drink 2litres fluid before hand, I've just finished my first glass, eek!
      :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
        I have an ultrasound in an hour and they're making me drink 2litres fluid before hand, I've just finished my first glass, eek!
        ultrasound? hmmm... u alright sis? inshallah i will make dua... ive never heard of an ultrasound besides pregnancy related and ur not pregnant right? anyway... thats interesting.. would they like to check the water in your stomach?
        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by FouadEl View Post
          What is it eating?
          im in the same boat you are
          Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

just beautiful.
            look how food is prevented from going down the airpipe.

we don't think about it twice.
            'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
            Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
            علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
              just beautiful.
              look how food is prevented from going down the airpipe.

we don't think about it twice.
              ikr subhanallah
              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Assalamo alikum. This is my first post ever!! (first of many insha Allah) The video u are watching is a patient have a 'barium swallow'. This chap is obviously having trouble swallowing when eating or drinking something, So the imaging guys give a very dense drink to the patient which looks like milk but is called barium, it has metalic properties which is why it shows up on x-ray. They also mix it with bread or biscuits and then take x-rays whilst swallowing to see where the food is sticking to or getting obstructed by. Tastes nice (i think so anyway). Phew ... (can u see his glasses?)

Comment

Originally posted by ssaadia View Post
                  Assalamo alikum. This is my first post ever!! (first of many insha Allah) The video u are watching is a patient have a 'barium swallow'. This chap is obviously having trouble swallowing when eating or drinking something, So the imaging guys give a very dense drink to the patient which looks like milk but is called barium, it has metalic properties which is why it shows up on x-ray. They also mix it with bread or biscuits and then take x-rays whilst swallowing to see where the food is sticking to or getting obstructed by. Tastes nice (i think so anyway). Phew ... (can u see his glasses?)
                  lol and u joined in 08' mashallah.. jzk for your very informative post

p.s how can u tell hes having trouble swallowing?what was abnormal about the way he was drinking? u mean like a normal sore throat when it hurts to swallow
                  ?orsomethign more serious
                  Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

yes i did join a very long time ago...lets just say i enjoy reading rather then typing. Patients that have this examination, have trouble eating food or drink, perhaps they feel its sticking to the back of their throat or perhaps food is coming back up (reflux) or even worse an obstruction of the oesphagus (cant remember how u spell it) which could be cancer. So this examination shows us the very upper digestive tract. The above chap i think has alittle reflux. But, yes subhanallah the human body is an amazing piece of kit.

Comment

Makes it look like a painful process

Comment

Working...
                      X