Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your bad habits that give you a profit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your bad habits that give you a profit!

:salams

I am severely sleep deprived, so please take it easy on me, if the idea of this thread is complete and utter nonsense! If it isn't, please contribute :up:. Thank you :)

So the question is, do you have a bad habit that you have turned into a profit? By bad habit, I mean anything you dislike, that happens frequently. And by profit, I mean any kind of benefit you have derived there from.

I'll start.

My bad habit is: Insomnia. I can't sleep. I often get from people that i'm looking right through them creepy lol. I'm spaced out, kind of like zombie staring.

My profit. I study. The utter silence allows for concentration on a different level. It feels like time has been put on a hold, and you have all the time in the world to immerse into things you found difficult to comprehend.

Every day, the morning arrives at a squeaky clean house.

Every morning, I take a walk and when I see sleepy faces emerging from houses, I shake my head and think to myself these weaklings HAD SLEEP and
    are STILL TIRED

And last, I always feel ahead, like the day is just starting, but I have been working before it.

Re: Share your bad habits that give you a profit!

Bad habit: Not managing time correctly.

Profit: I excel in one part of what I'm doing and do average on the other.

Comment

Share your bad habits that give you a profit!

My bad habit: I overthink & worry a lot about anything and everything

Profit: idk?
      The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Wa Alaykum Salaam,

It's not really a bad habit but I have minor OCD so I guess everything staying clean & tidy is the profit. However, the downside to it is that when something is really unclean or untidy, my whole body starts to shake and I start having a breakdown.
        إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

I can't do my assignment and secular education

Profit: I learn that ONLY Allah helps me
          7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
          Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
            Bad habit: Not managing time correctly.

Profit: I excel in one part of what I'm doing and do average on the other.
            Not managing time properly perhaps you'r doing too many poetry/rhymes in your time..

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

I'm always late.......always
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Bad habit: I like to lock myself in my room. I am able to stay there all day long and not wanting to go out at all. Even sometimes I hesitate to go out for having meals.

Benefit: I read a lot of books, I blog, make plans, listen to lectures, and sleep better.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Actually it is a very good habit/hobby that you have :) ^ ^

Comment

Bad habit: don't alwYs put myself first

Profit. At least people around me are happy

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Even thats a good habit, sis :) ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                        Even thats a good habit, sis :) ^
                        I guess so sis but it sometimes builds inner resentment which is a

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Waalikummussalam

Hmmm I wait for the last minute to get things done.
                          Waiting for the last minute means it gets done at least.
                          Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

I worry way too much... The goodness in this is that I turn each worry into dua. Allah swt loves our nagging and for us to turn to him alone :)
                            "Do not get attached to what will not stay with you, get closer to The One Who never leaves you"
                            (Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                              I guess so sis but it sometimes builds inner resentment which is a
                              It is probably due to people taking advantage of you...

Anyway, you shouldnt overburden yourself by doing too much as the result is not always good.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X