• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kas1m
    replied
    Re: Read the contents of the link.

الصلاة والسلام عليك يا رسول الله

Yes let the lovers celebrate. Every minute and moment of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Ahmed2013
    replied

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatimid_Caliphate

The ruling elite were ismaili so lo and behold:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/10306

Now go ahead and argue endlessly about your 'evidences' because the facts are facts, it was invented by the fatimid shia and is a non-existent celebration from the time of the prophet and the first three generations.
    Last edited by Ahmed2013; 06-01-14, 07:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ahmed2013
    replied

The fatamid shia invented the celebrations of the prophet's birthday, fatima's birthday, etc...

There is absolutely nothing in the qur'an or hadith proving this 'eid' in fact quite the contrary can be found negating any other eids except the two eids and the celebration of weddings.

Far too many hadith against innovations, against being like Christians and jews who elevate their prophets beyond what they were and the prophet (saw) said to this I am but a slave of Allah. After all did christians just not celebrate christmas? How are Muslims any better by being innovators? How did the christians get misguided? Through innovation. So quite clearly the prophet (saw) had wisdom in saying that every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance is in the hellfire.

If you love the prophet (saw) emulate him every day, dont innovate and deviate the religion by innovating a new eid.

And yes all innovations start with 'good intentions'.

Like any sufi argument unfortunately it is not about proving things from hadith.. its about justifying what you decided to do through elusive out of context hadith.

For example from the very start of this thread, the prophet (saw) is quoted about monday being the day he is born and fasting... this has NOTHING to do with the innovated and invented celebration of the birthday of the prophet.. nothing.. you just quoted something out of context. Just one example. That's all you can do. You won't find any direct hadith proving that the sahaba 'celebrated the birthday of the prophet' because it didnt exist its an invented later matter by the shia that sufi/traditionalist sunnis adopted.

Leave a comment:

• whisperofimaan
    replied

Little do people know, that there's wisdom behind the fact that the prophet :saw: was born on, and DIED, the same day. Might seem like a weak argument, but it happened due to Allah SWT's wisdom. If you truly do love him :saw:, stick to his sunnah like the companions have done so.

Leave a comment:

• IbnUzayr
    replied

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?! What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought. The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought. The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree. He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow. Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

http://islamqa.info/en/249

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by faqir View Post
    I won't waste my time arguing here with anyone.

If you don't rejoice at the birth of the best of creation sallallahu alayhi wa sallam then there is no hope for you.

Let the haters hate and the lovers celebrate...

So , you place all the companions who did not celebrate as people who did not love prophet ( pbuh ) ?

Leave a comment:

• mohd saleem
    replied

thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ahmedt300
    replied

Is this hadith sahih?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152172891759090

Leave a comment:

• deenlover1
    replied

Can you read?: No.
    May Allah swt guide US all
    Ameen

Leave a comment:

• faqir
    replied
    Re: MILAD UN NABI in QURAN and HADITH?

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    What if I rejoice everyday,follow his sunnah, send salwaat upon him pbuh as often as i can.
    Masha'Allah. Then that is excellent. Rejoice every day every minute every moment. Nobody can restrict our celebration to only one day.

Leave a comment:

• AhlulQuran88
    replied

If you don't rejoice at the birth of the best of creation sallallahu alayhi wa sallam then there is no hope for you.

What if I rejoice everyday,follow his sunnah, send salwaat upon him pbuh as often as i can. There is no hope for me simply because i do not take part in one day ?

I would have hoped that the messenger of allah pbuh would have warned me before hand if this day and the abandonment of this day would be this grave.

No hope .... strong language

Leave a comment:

• nonameakhi
    replied

We love and hate for the sake of Allah swt

Leave a comment:

• nonameakhi
    replied

The Sufi agreement with as-Suyuti on mawlid is purely agreement on a fari' matter as opposed to an usooli one.

The Salaf were quite clear that there is no good shariah specific innovation.

Leave a comment:

• faqir
    replied

Leave a comment:

• faqir
    replied

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    These kind of hadith cannot be taken as proof of mawlid

also

a) Imam Nawawi which said it is false. See Majmua 8/431

b) Imam Beyhaki, he said it is munkar. See Sunnan al-Kubra 9/300

c) Ibn Hajar, which said it is not established. See Fatkh al-Bari 9/509.

"This hadith is narrated through two chains, one weak and one sound:

The first is narrated by al-Bayhaqi, al-Bazzar, ‘Abd al-Razzaq and Ibn al-Madini through ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Muharrar from Qatadah from Anas. ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Muharrar is weak by consensus.

The second is narrated by al-Tahawi in Sharh Mushkil al-Athar (vol. 3 p. 78) through his shyakh al-Hasan ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn Mansur al-Balisi from al-Haytham ibn Jamil from ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Muthanna from Thumamah ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn Anas ibn Malik from Anas ibn Malik. Al-Tabrani narrated it in al-Mu‘jam al-Awsat through his shaykh Ahmad ibn Mas‘ud al-Khayyat al-Maqdisi via the same chain as al-Tahawi from al-Haytham ibn Jamil. Abu Dawud also narrated it with this chain from Ahmad ibn Hanbal in his transmission of Masa’il al-Imam Ahmad. Ibn Hazm also narrated it in al-Muhalla with the same chain. (see Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut's footnote to this hadith in Sharh Mushkil al-Athar)

The key part of this chain is, therefore, as follows: al-Haytham ibn Jamil – ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Muthanna – Thumamah – Anas. Al-Haytham ibn Jamil is trustworthy (thiqah) as mentioned in Taqrib al-Tahdhib; Ibn Hibban, al-Daraqutni, Ibn Sa‘d and Ahmad all said he is trustworthy (see al-Arna'ut's footnote to this hadith in Sharh Mushkil al-Athar). ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Muthanna is differed upon. Ibn al-Muthanna was declared thiqah by al-‘Ijli and al-Tirmidhi, although others like al-Nasa'i considered him weak. However, al-Bukhari used him as proof in his Sahih (which means he did not narrate any follow-up hadiths to support his narrations) when Ibn al-Muthanna narrated through his uncle Thumamah who narrated from Anas, showing his narrations through Thumamah are sahih as concluded by Bashshar Awwad Ma'ruf and Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut in their Tahrir al-Taqrib (vol. 2 p. 261). This chain is therefore sahih or hasan. Shu‘ayb al-Arna’ut, however, graded it weak in Sharh Mushkil al-Athar apparently because of ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Muthanna but this would imply al-Bukhari’s narrations through him in his Sahih are weak opposing the near-consensus that all of al-Bukhari's muttasil hadiths in his Sahih are sahih, so al-Arna’ut’s final grading is incorrect.

Hence this hadith, that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasalla) did his own 'aqiqah after prophethood, is sahih or hasan. Hafiz Ali ibn Abi Bakr al-Haythami (d. 807 H) said in Majma' al-Zawa'id (vol. 4 p. 94, Kitab al-Sayd wa l-Dhaba’i Bab Zaman al-‘Aqiqah wa Qada’iha) under this hadtih: "Narrated by al-Bazzar and al-Tabrani in al-Awsat. The narrators of al-Tabrani are the narrators of the Sahih besides al-Haytham ibn Jamil who is trustworthy." "

Quoted from Zameelur

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X