Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you attended any Islamic institute?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you attended any Islamic institute?

:salams

Alhamdullilah there are many institutes and organisations now offering various courses, classes and seminars where people can go to learn Islam.

Subjects like tajweed, Arabic, fiqh, aqeedah, hadith, tazkiyah, seerah, tafsir etc.

So just want to ask if any of you have attended any of these institutes/organisations to learn?

What benefit did you achieve from your time there and how did it impact on your Islam?

The poll is anonymous and I've listed the more well-known ones however there are many more so I've put an 'Other' option.
    Tayyibun Institute
    17.65%
    Ebrahim College
    11.76%
    Al Maghrib Institute
    5.88%
    Al Kauthar Institute
    5.88%
    Jibreel Institute
    0.00%
    As Suffa Institute
    5.88%
    Al Buruj Press
    29.41%
    Duha Institute
    0.00%
    Al Kawthar Academy
    5.88%
    Utrajj Foundation
    0.00%
    Sabeel Institute
    0.00%
    Beacon Institute
    0.00%
    Habiba Institute
    0.00%
    Other
    17.65%

Re: Have you attended any Islamic institute?

madrasa when I was younger, one Islamic finance course in college and more informal things such as tabligi jamaat(its not for everyone, but it helps to learn the basics and some more obscure things, remember jamaat is mainly a learning experience for yourself, it's not to give guidance or force people to come to the masjid/go on tabligh) tafsir sessions in the masjid, saturday lectures at bigger mas jids and things like that.

Comment

:wswrwb:

SubhanAllah how very interesting that I've not attended any of them. I did contemplate Tayyibun but it was impractical.

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      -------------------------------------------------------
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Alhumdullaih I have had the opportunity to attend two institutes an I am still attending one.

I was able to learn a lot about islam and meet like minded sisters who I am still friends with.
        I learnt to read Quran better and it motivated me to seek even more knowledge :)

Comment

I dont know what one is

almaghrib is one ive heard of tho
          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
          ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
          “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Insha Allah I will go for Zamzam Academy. There are so many free beneficial lectures in there you can download and listen!

I find their Aqeedah Tahawiyah modules are immensely helpful.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
              I dont know what one is

almaghrib is one ive heard of tho
              The list I put up is very UK focused (especially London) so that is maybe why.

Don't know many outside the UK except Bayyinah Institute and Zaytuna.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                Insha Allah I will go for Zamzam Academy. There are so many free beneficial lectures in there you can download and listen!

I find their Aqeedah Tahawiyah modules are immensely helpful.
                I just looked up the website. Indeed there are many free and good lectures. :jkk: :up:
                ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

:wswrwb:

I have attended as suffa many times alhumdulilah I especially liked shaykh zahir's courses on Islamic history - Khalid ibn waleed r.a, Omar ibn khattab r.a and abu bakr r.a. Good locations, segregated, course materials were very good including maps, detailed notes etc.

Ebrahim college has a very good arabic intensive courses, I haven't personally attended but heard they are very good :masha: from shaykh hasan Ali who was a founding chairman of ebrahim college and shaykh shams ud duha who is the current head of the institute…

Al buruj - I have attended many of their talks, again good locations and good speakers usually packed out :masha:

Al Kawther - is this the one in leceister headed by shaykh riyad ul haq? If so, I have heard his tazkiyah talks are v good and have family members you attend them on a regular basis.

Edit - zam zam academy is v good also, headed by mufti abdur Rahman mangera. I climbed mount snowdon with him last year and he's amazing :masha: his talk at the top of the mount was amazing.
                  Last edited by طاهِر; 03-01-14, 10:17 AM.
                  If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
                  'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
                  Islamic etiquette for social media
                  http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

Talks from Al Buruj Press.
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
                    X