Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you all eat?

:salams

I know intake is dependant on your size as well...... but just wanted to know whats the norm amongst ummah folks ...

3 times? ie breakfast lunch and dinner? etc etc

do you eat even if your not hungry? say if it is lunchtime or something?

Have u noticed any connections with eating and your health?

what about portion size? or do you just eat till your full?

Too many questions? Just curious.

Re: How much do you all eat?

walayk salam

I eat when I am hungry, just enough unless it is pleasure eating. But if I am busy I go stretches of 8 to 10 hours without eating anything.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

:wswrwb:

My system is very weird because I get hungry pretty quickly. I drink a lot but eat when I'm hungry or for other reasons (which I say are out of my control).

Portion size is really small (unintentional) but I get full up quickly and then get hungry quickly too. I don't eat till I'm unable to move alhamdulilah when my body says 'enough' then I stop. But I could drink liquids all day everyday.

Bold bit yea of course I have and cbb to explain

An there are cases of forgetting to eat too but that's usually when one is busy

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

My close ones would prefer it if I put on weight.
        I am not trying to be funny but If I put on 1 stone I will be overweight. It would be best to check with your GP with regards to weight issues.

People with faster metabolism put on less weight.
        I eat three times a day and I am in portion with my weight and height.

People with lower metabolism tend to eat more.
        "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
          My close ones would prefer it if I put on weight.
          I am not trying to be funny but If I put on 1 stone I will be overweight. It would be best to check with your GP with regards weight issues.

People with faster metabolism put on leas weight.
          I eat three times a day and I am in portion with my weight and height.

People with lower metabolism tend to eat more.
          But if you have a faster metabolic rate wouldn't you eat more and put less weight on?
          I don't grt

Actually you'd eat more if you have faster metabolic rate wouldn't you?

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

A lot -__-

Comment

I consume a lot of fat but I am very skinny alhamdulillah
              لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

I usually eat twice a day and I drink water before I eat so I can get full easily.

I use to have a really fast metabolism but now it’s getting slower.

Any suggestions on how to make it fast again?
                Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
                “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

I have to eat small portions a day so alhamdulillah i eat quite a lot.. And I'm average
                  إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                    walayk salam

I eat when I am hungry, just enough unless it is pleasure eating. But if I am busy I go stretches of 8 to 10 hours without eating anything.
                    This sounds like me... 6 days a week... I dont eat from 5 when I wake up until 3 when I get home
                    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

I eat either loaaads or nothing at all lol, when i eat three full meals a day I feel like i'll gain a lot of weight so i only have one full meal a day and light snacks

Comment

I eat breakfast, fruit snack, lunch, fruit snack, dinner. Same food schedule as my 3 year old lol

Comment

:wswrwb:

I eat twice a day with a light snack in between at around 4pm. Breakfast in our house is at 7am and dinner is at 7pm.

Sometimes I'm forced to eat earlier, say if we're going to a friends house or something and they're cooking. But even then, I'll only have a little amount. My portion sizes are small-ish, so much so that my mother still plates up my food because if left to my own devices, I would probably only eat half of what I'm supposed to eat : /

I haven't noticed any connections with eating and my health. I tend to keep a close eye on what I'm eating. The amount of times I've been asked by family members whether my mum starves me at home is too high >_>

Sometimes when I'm feeling like it I will eat till I'm full- but that's on a rare occasion.

I calculated how much I eat per day calorie wise for a week once. It's around the 1200 mark per day. I feel though that if I were to consume 1500 calories as recommended for an average woman, I'd end up looking like the Michelin Man O_O
                          Last edited by Meriadoc; 01-01-14, 03:01 PM. Reason: clarified : )
                          ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                          U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Sometimes eat cereal for breakfast.Lunch T-Bone/lamb chops/Iamb ribs/chicken with vege/buns/fries.If lamb/chicken soup with rice.Dinner sometimes skip.Lol.Eat very little.
                            My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

I eat when I'm hungry which is like hardly ever these days. I'm basically living on crackers I can't keep anything down :(

Comment

Working...
                              X