Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with in laws pt 2

Assalaam Alakium,

I had a previous post about this. Me and my husband have to live with his mother and 4 brothers until I don't even know. I figured i can adjust living with his family. I was so wrong. His mother just had a separation with her husband a year ago and she can't support the family financially. The father is now supporting his other wife. I am at my breaking point. I don't think I can take this anymore. I feel bad for my husband because he just never seems happy like before due to all the problems his brothers are causing. It is ruining my marriage and i only been married for 6 months. My husband's brothers think they can do what they wanna do. They are only 8 y.o, (2)15 y.o., and 18 y.o. They smoke (in the house), curse, lie, steal, trash the house, disobey and disrespect their mother. Never had a seen such bad kids. This family has serious problems. Everyday its always something. Me, my husband, and the mother work majority of the time so we are never home. I live with haram on a daily basis. These kids don't pray. When we ask if they pray they lie. Only time they pray is when my husband forces them to. Only person they listen to is my husband. He disciplines them and still they do what they want. The mother barely disciplines them and if she does the kids call social services. They even called the cops on my husband when He whipped them for smoking in the house. There were many time they called the cops. I can't even enjoy my day off from work with all the yelling and noises these kids make. I am tired. I am thinking of living with my mother until me and my husband get our own place. But am not sure because one I don't want to leave my husband and two my mother is a non muslim. My questions are should I live with my mother until me and my husband get our place? How do I deal with living with haram on a daily basis? I need my own place immediately

Re: Living with in laws pt 2

Tell him under islam you are entitled to your own place. If he disagrees, then he is going against islam. That means he is oppressing you.

You should not be living with other males in the house anyway. Your husband and mother is fine, but the brothers is a big no.
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
      Tell him under islam you are entitled to your own place. If he disagrees, then he is going against islam. That means he is oppressing you.

You should not be living with other males in the house anyway. Your husband and mother is fine, but the brothers is a big no.
      they are my brother in laws tho.

Comment

Originally posted by akia20 View Post
        they are my brother in laws tho.
        ok, just try and move out if you can.

In the meantime, all I can really say is the kids are spoiled. Nothing but a good beating will fix them. And the mother needs to discipline them otherwise they might be like this their whole life or worse.
        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X