X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Radio 4.

:salams

bismillah.

Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with this station? I must listen to 3-4 hours of broadcast per week.

fav shows.

In our time
    Life scientific
    four thought
    the listening project
    the now show

and random interesting shows.
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Re: BBC Radio 4.

There are some good shows on R4. I tend to listen to it quite a bit in the car. I like Desert Island Discs and the more light hearted stuff in the evening. The moral maze ( ithink) is quite good too. I dont like th dramas or the archers though.
    Last edited by deezed12; 30-12-13, 07:42 PM.

Comment

No, not at all. I really like listening to BBC wold services and BBC R4 they have some informative programmes. Obviously you have to be able to read between the lines sometimes but generally not bad.
      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by deezed12 View Post
        There are some good shows on R4. I tend to listen to it quite a bit in the car. I like Desert Island Dics and the more light hearted stuff in the evening. The moral maze ( ithink) is quite good too. I dont like th dramas or the archers though.
        I've never listened to desert island discs what's it about ?

I don't listen to the dramas either.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

They interview people who talk about their journey in life to where they are today, usually related to their business achievements. They pick 8 pieces of music (which usually has some connection to some point in their life) they would take with them if they were cast away to a desert island.

The interviewees are often leading business/political figures who talk about their up and downs. It can be quite interesting to listen to what they have to say.

Comment

Working...
          X