Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my english email correct ?

Hello

I wonder if my email is correct, especialy "Can I have an interview on theses dates ?".
    You will find below my email.

thanks !!

"Hi Harry

i wish you a merry christmas.
    I will be in UK from 20th Januray to 22th. Can I have an interview on theses dates ?
    If it's not possible, I may come any date starting from 13th to 17th but I really would prefer from 20th to 22th
    thank you
    Best regards"

Re: Is my english email correct ?

What is it for, a job interview? meeting with an author? imam?babysitter?

Comment

No your email is Islamically wrong

I will highlight the problems in this email

Originally posted by french_guy View Post
      Hello

I wonder if my email is correct, especialy "Can I have an interview on theses dates ?".

thanks !!

"Hi Harry

I will be in UK from 20th Januray to 22th. Can I have an interview on theses dates ?
      If it's not possible, I may come any date starting from 13th to 17th but I really would prefer from 20th to 22th
      thank you
      Best regards"
      Allāhu akbar

Comment

Hello

thanks !!

"Hi Harry

thank you
        Best regards"
        First of all, as a Muslim you should remove the "i wish you a merry christmas".

"I will be in the UK from the 20th of January to the 22nd. Could we have an interview on these dates?
        If that is not possible, I would be able to come on any date from the 13th to the 17th, but I would really prefer the previous option.
        Thank you,
        Best regards"
        Last edited by Yunus aua; 27-12-13, 10:37 AM.
        Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by neighbour View Post
          No your email is Islamically wrong

I will highlight the problems in this email
          This.

It is not permissible for a Muslim to greet Christians with the traditional Christmas greeting because it means celebrating the day of “God’s” birth – a concept absolutely abhorrent to Muslims and in direct contradiction to the Qur’aanic verse, “He (Allah) did not give birth nor was He born.” (Qur'an 112:3) —

By Dr Bilal Philips.

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
          First of all, as a Muslim you should remove the "i wish you a merry christmas".

"I will be in the UK from the 20th of January to the 22th. Could we have an interview on these dates?
          If that is not possible, I would be able to come on any date from the 13th to the 17th, but I would really prefer the previous option.
          Thank you,
          Best regards"
          shouldn't it be 22nd not 22th

Comment

Is my english email correct ?

^ yes it should

And rather than 'I would be able to', say 'I am available from x date to x date to attend but would ideally prefer x dates'. Flows better.
            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Dear Harry,

I will be in UK from the 20th January to 22nd January. Would it be possible if I could have an interview on one of these dates?

If it's not possible, I can come on any date from the 13th January to 17th January. However, I would prefer to have an interview anytime from the 20th January to 22nd January.

Kind regards,

[Your name]

Comment

thanks to all of you :)
                I'm a computer engineer.

I'm really surprised about your reaction against christmas.
                1) As muslim people, we all belive in Jesus (as Aissa).
                2) non-muslim people may wish us "merry aid"
                I don't know if we can say "merry aid" but I think you get it.
                So I think it's more polite to wish them merry christmas.
                3) Christmas is not a celebration about god's birth, but about aissa's birth !! And not to mention that most people doesnt believe in aissa (ie: jesus) anymore !! They celebrate christmas in order to offer gift to their family.
                It's more commercial than religious.
                And even if we consider the religious side of this celebration, I don't see the problem as long as you are celebrating Jesus's birth
                4) When I was a kid, my parents was offering us toys and I remember eating chocolate.
                They say that was because they didn't wanted us to be sad because our french firend would have toys and not us. And again, we don't see what is wrong about such celebration.

that said, I'm very thankfull about your help :)
                thaaanks

Comment

thanks to all of you :)
                  I'm a computer engineer.

I'm really surprised about your reaction against christmas.
                  1) As muslim people, we all belive in Jesus (as Aissa).
                  2) non-muslim people may wish us "merry aid"
                  I don't know if we can say "merry aid" but I think you get it.
                  So I think it's more polite to wish them merry christmas.
                  3) Christmas is not a celebration about god's birth, but about aissa's birth !! And not to mention that most people doesnt believe in aissa (ie: jesus) anymore !! They celebrate christmas in order to offer gift to their family.
                  It's more commercial than religious.
                  And even if we consider the religious side of this celebration, I don't see the problem as long as you are celebrating Jesus's birth
                  4) When I was a kid, my parents was offering us toys and I remember eating chocolate.
                  They say that was because they didn't wanted us to be sad because our french firend would have toys and not us. And again, we don't see what is wrong about such celebration.

that said, I'm very thankfull about your help :)
                  thaaanks
                  It is haram to wish merry christmas.
                  Christmas has also pagan origins.
                  In any case, it's nothing new, the scholars of Islam have clarified this issue long ago already. It's a major sin to do it.
                  Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                    Dear Harry,

I will be in UK from the 20th January to 22nd January. Would it be possible if I could have an interview on one of these dates?

If it's not possible, I can come on any date from the 13th January to 17th January. However, I would prefer to have an interview anytime from the 20th January to 22nd January.

Kind regards,

[Your name]
                    This is the most correct so far:

Dear Harry,

I hope you have had a pleasant festive break!

I will be in the UK from January 20th to 22nd. Would it be possible to attend an interview between these dates? This would be my preference.

If this would not be possible, I could attend at any time between 13th to 17th of January.

Kind Regards,

Mr French Muslim Brother

Comment

thank you Doku, but it's too late, I have already sent my email (I couldn't wait more time), but I think my email was correct thanks to all of you.
                      so thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X