Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Fries, Fish Fillet, McFlurry: Are these halal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Fries, Fish Fillet, McFlurry: Are these halal?

Sallamualaikum brothers and sisters.
    Ive seen many threads from a couple of years ago talking about how the fish fillet, french fries and whatnot are haram. People have started petitions and frankly I'm wondering right now if it's halal to eat the things i listed. Thanks

EDIT: Well, I'm still a little befuddled regarding McDonalds but at least I know i won't be eating from them every again. Thanks
    Last edited by A-Nice-Guy; 27-12-13, 12:43 AM.

Re: French Fries, Fish Fillet, McFlurry: Are these halal?

:wswrwb:

All 3 are halal as far as I know. Someone should be able to help you :insha:.

Allah (SWT) knows best.
    لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

French fries and fish fillet are both halal for me. But I dont know what is "whatnot", so I cannot say for that.

Comment

This is what McDonald's has to say. I would avoid it

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/wh...-products.html

Comment

Wa Alaykum Salaam,

You should avoid them all. You might get fat and we got enough fat peeps on this Earth already ok
          إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

THEY DISRESPECT MUSLIMS, JEWS AND VEGETARIANS!

what do they mean cross contamination? We do not order fish fillet with a side of horse meat contamination. UH! (actually never had a fish fillet in my life :embar:)

They are millionaires, why not use separate oil frying containers.

I just had a caramel iced frappe today :... inshallah they haven't cooled that inside some pattys of theirs
            Bye...

Comment

As long as there's no pig meat or other such substance that is forbidden by our book, then I see why not. I remember this quote from one scholar that he'd rather eat fast while thinking about prayer than do the opposite.
              your online source of hadiths: http://sunnah.com/
              ask me questions: ask.fm/caetratilegion

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarilegion View Post
                As long as there's no pig meat or other such substance that is forbidden by our book, then I see why not. I remember this quote from one scholar that he'd rather eat fast while thinking about prayer than do the opposite.
                Idk... but they may be frying bacon next to your fish fillet.
                Bye...

Comment

Pretty sure I posted this here before but anyways.

We should try to avoid eating at Mcdonalds because they do also cook pork products in the same kitchen. The danger of this is that when food is being cooked (especially grilled/fried) it tends to let off grease (happens in every single kitchen), and that grease becomes airborne, the grease will then stick to anything it lands on, so there is a huge danger of grease from pork landing onto your "halal" food.

McDonalds themselves have said their food isnt really halal certified, so I'd avoid them. Plus their food isnt real, so thats enough for me to stay away from it.
                  #BeardGang

Comment

If the slaughter of meat is taken care of by people other than Muslims or people of the Book, such as atheists and Hindus, then it is not permissible to eat it. Since we do not know who slaughters the meat in corporate restaurants such as McDonald's then it is haram to partake of it. If the meat is slaughtered by machines then it is also haram to eat it based on the evidence in the Holy Quran & hadiths that only Muslims or people of the book may slaughter meat fit for Muslim consumption.

As for the french fries, if the oil is devoid of any animal traces then it is permissible. Otherwise it is haram since the same issue arises as does with the meat case mentioned above.

It goes without saying that anything not drained of blood completely, contains pork or any derivative thereof, or if the animal was dead before slaughter then it is also haram.
                    Last edited by IbnUzayr; 27-12-13, 07:00 AM.
                    وما من يد الايد الله فوقها.....ولاظالم الاسيبلي باظلمِ

Comment

:wswrwb:

If the animals are not slaughtered properly by saying Bismillah, then it is haraam. Except for fish. I would avoid them and prefer halaal meat.
                      ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

In the USA the fries are NOT HALAL

however in CANADA I know that they use different fryers for the fries. I would avoid the fish fillet however. Not sure about the mcflurry, it may depend on the flavour

they are constantly changing the menu so always double check and be current on ingredients used.

http://www1.mcdonalds.ca/NutritionCa...entFactsEN.pdf

http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/

Nope, there is no beef in our fries. Our fries are cooked in 100% vegetable oil and have their own dedicated fryer. They neither contain nor come into contact with any meat products. Hope that helps

This is for canada only Im not sure about the UK

Comment

McDonald's supports Israel and the oppression of palestine.

That is enough to stay away.

Also the food may be tasty but it is all junk and processed garbage.

Do not give them your money
                          Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                          ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                            McDonald's supports Israel and the oppression of palestine.
                            any proof ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                              THEY DISRESPECT MUSLIMS, JEWS AND VEGETARIANS!

what do they mean cross contamination? We do not order fish fillet with a side of horse meat contamination. UH! (actually never had a fish fillet in my life :embar:)

They are millionaires, why not use separate oil frying containers.

I just had a caramel iced frappe today :... inshallah they haven't cooled that inside some pattys of theirs
                              Horses are healthy
                              لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Working...
                              X