Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does revert to islam mean ?

Hello,

When I started to try some english dating site, I noticed that they ask if I'm reverted to islam .... but I dont understand what do they mean ....
    I'm french, and my english is not perfect, but I understand it as if the guy was muslim, then leave his religion and then returned back to islam. So he is reverted to islam.
    But .... I dont understand why in UK you ask such question why in France we dont. Doe it means this happens more frequently in UK thant in France ?
    Or maybe I didn't understand the meaning of "revert to" ?? do this mean "convert to islam" ?

thank you !!

Re: what does revert to islam mean ?

Revert to Islam means a person who was not a Muslim has embraced Islam.

Muslims believe everyone is born a Muslim, however, as they grow up they follow other religion because of their parents or surroundings, thus when they come (back) to Islam they have reverted to Islam.

People use the word convert as well, so it's both.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Re: what does revert to islam mean ?

ok, got it.
      google translation failed to translate me "he revert to Islam", but now I understand. so thank you :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X