Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating Eid alone

assalamualaikum,

if someone has to spend eid alone for whatever reason, what would you suggest so eid still remains meaningful and productive.

jazakumullahukhairan

Re: Celebrating Eid alone

Originally posted by umm.safiyya View Post
    assalamualaikum,

if someone has to spend eid alone for whatever reason, what would you suggest so eid still remains meaningful and productive.

jazakumullahukhairan
    :wswrwb:

Maybe go to the masjid for eid salat and then depends on what you like doing, just treat yourself… have a chillaxing day, go and get some nice food - maybe try something new.
    If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
    'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
    Islamic etiquette for social media
    http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

Go to mosque. Give Eid greetings to sisters, start chatting, make friends. Mosques also have Eid dinners and other activities, usually for kids. Take your daughter, make friends. Whatever your issues there is someone else who can relate, who has gone through the same thing so don't shut yourself out.

If you are being compromised i.e. not allowed out then you need to resolve those issues first before worrying about next Eid. You do NOT have to put up with mistreatment by anyone, parents or husband. The only obligation we have to each other is GOOD treatment not mistreatment.
      "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Wa'alaykumus salaam Sis,

If I had to spend 'Eid alone, I would attend the 'Eid prayer and try to see what is happening in the masjid if I can. Some of the bigger masaajid take such situations into consideration and have events and such planned. If you have non-Muslim family or friends, there is nothing wrong with spending 'Eid with them as far as I know, why not try to meet up and spend it over a meal?

Are you new to Islam or have you moved to a new area by yourself, Sis? Either way, try to find centers for Islamic learning and join classes or more social gatherings, let Sisters know about your situation. If you're nervous about feeling as though you're imposing yourself on them, you can invite them over to yours or whatever you prefer so it's not like you're putting any pressure on them to act first you know? There are some really lovely Sisters out there, may Allah grant you the company of pious Sisters.

Wa iyyaaki.
        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

I'd eat something festive for the occasion (but that's cos' I'm really into good food). Either buy a nice cake or bake/cook something nice. My parents didn't bother doing anything special last Eid but I made chocolate mousse and that went down really well- made it feel like it was Eid.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

^ I'm a foodie too! food always makes an occasion special
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
            X