Movies of Prophets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies of Prophets

A few movies are coming up about the beloved prophets.

Noah saw will be depicted by Russel Crowe in the new movie Noah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ

( Please use your brain and dont copy and view it if it is against your moral beliefs to do so. )

Reza Aslan's Zealot will be made into a movie: http://www.thewrap.com/lionsgate-zea...vie-reza-aslan

I've always wondered. If Muslims were soooo bothered about Rasulullah saw depicted in image. Would they react in a similar fashion in the case of Jesus a.s, Noah a.s, Musa a.s?

The last time some idiot tried to depict Rasulullah saw in image, there was a worldwide riot. Will these next series of movies normalize portrayal of Abrahamic prophets in image? How will Muslims react to this? Why is it okay to a Muslim to have the image of Jesus a.s on the floor to be stepped on as movie promotion pictures often have on floor marketing advertisements?

Islam to me makes a lot of sense, but Muslims.. not really. And I hope some Muslims can come forward and explain the logic of their anger and resentment. And very well, for sure different people will view such things differently.

There will definitely be the bunch who will detest all this and if so, can you explain to me how do you cope and manage?
    And for those who are half half on this issue, why? And what is the extreme limits of your stand on the matter?
    And for those who do not care- why does it not matter? And how do you balance it with Islamic rulings and various hadiths that speak against imagery? Especially of the Prophet saw.

Re: Movies of Prophets

I absolutely agree.

With all due respect to Rasulallah :saw:, for whose honour we can shed our blood, but why do we not care about the honour of Allah , let alone other Anbiyya?

Some may say 'Oh we are not from their Ummah', yes, but we still believe in them. How can one be a Mo'min and tolerate the insults to them?

This is a grave problem with our Ummah. We have come dangerously close to shirk. Of course, we must defend the honour of our beloved messenger :saw: but why do we not organise mass protests for the sake of Allah 's honour? He is more insulted by the kufaar today than anyone else.

Who is higher? Rasulallah :saw: or Allah ? If we can go to huge lengths to defend Rasulallah :saw:, why not for our Rabb?

I've met some Jews online and they've even accused us Muslims of idolatry for placing Rasulallah :saw: above Allah because we seem to care less about Allah 's honour than our beloved Nabi's honour.

Despite our love for Rasulallah :saw: , we must make sure it does not exceed our love and devotion to Allah

I think the Hadeeth below is really relevant here:

Ibn Majah narrated from Tufail (ra), Aishah's brother from her mother's side, that he narrated: I had a dream in which I came upon a group of Jews and said to them, "You are indeed a good people had you not claimed Uzair to be the son of Allah." Then they said "You too are good if you do not say: 'What Allah may will and what Muhammad may will.'" After that I came upon a group of Christians and said to them, "You are indeed a good people if you do not claim Christ, the son of Allah,"'then they said, "You too are good if you do not say 'What Allah may will and what Muhammad may will.'" Then the following morning, I narrated the above event to some, and came to the Prophet :saw: and repeated the whole event. He :saw: asked, "Have you told this to anybody else?" I said, "Yes". Then he :saw: went to his pulpit and after offering praises to Allah said, "Tufail had a dream which he already communicated to some of you. You used to say a sentence which due to some hesitation I could not prevent you from. Henceforth, do not say: 'What Allah may will and Muhammad may will' but say: 'What Allah may will Alone.'"
    "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
      I absolutely agree.

With all due respect to Rasulallah :saw:, for whose honour we can shed our blood, but why do we not care about the honour of Allah , let alone other Anbiyya?

Some may say 'Oh we are not from their Ummah', yes, but we still believe in them. How can one be a Mo'min and tolerate the insults to them?

This is a grave problem with our Ummah. We have come dangerously close to shirk. Of course, we must defend the honour of our beloved messenger :saw: but why do we not organise mass protests for the sake of Allah 's honour? He is more insulted by the kufaar today than anyone else.

Who is higher? Rasulallah :saw: or Allah ? If we can go to huge lengths to defend Rasulallah :saw:, why not for our Rabb?

I've met some Jews online and they've even accused us Muslims of idolatry for placing Rasulallah :saw: above Allah because we seem to care less about Allah 's honour than our beloved Nabi's honour.

Despite our love for Rasulallah :saw: , we must make sure it does not exceed our love and devotion to Allah

I think the Hadeeth below is really relevant here:

Ibn Majah narrated from Tufail (ra), Aishah's brother from her mother's side, that he narrated: I had a dream in which I came upon a group of Jews and said to them, "You are indeed a good people had you not claimed Uzair to be the son of Allah." Then they said "You too are good if you do not say: 'What Allah may will and what Muhammad may will.'" After that I came upon a group of Christians and said to them, "You are indeed a good people if you do not claim Christ, the son of Allah,"'then they said, "You too are good if you do not say 'What Allah may will and what Muhammad may will.'" Then the following morning, I narrated the above event to some, and came to the Prophet :saw: and repeated the whole event. He :saw: asked, "Have you told this to anybody else?" I said, "Yes". Then he :saw: went to his pulpit and after offering praises to Allah said, "Tufail had a dream which he already communicated to some of you. You used to say a sentence which due to some hesitation I could not prevent you from. Henceforth, do not say: 'What Allah may will and Muhammad may will' but say: 'What Allah may will Alone.'"
      Hmm Jzk for your response, but
      I am so sorry I was asking about the honor of other prophets not Rasulullah saw & Allah swt.

That is for another topic that should be discussed separately, and it deserves a separate thread. But I'm still looking for responses by Muslims about depicting the prophets, and their attitudes concerning it.

:) Jzk!

Comment

السلام عليكم

I myself do not approve of portraying the Prophets' images, whether it is through art or movies. Rasulullah صلى الله عليه و سلم himself was shown to be depicted in recent years, and the majority of the Muslim community was outraged by this. This belief should be more or less the same for other Prophets as well. In early history, people used to miss their Prophets after they had died, so they went ahead and created images of them so that they would be 'everlasting.' This idea (spawned by Shaytan) eventually led to idol worship and the general worship of man-made objects. Only Allah should be worshipped, and just portraying these Prophets conveys disrespect, as man-made images will always have some flaw to them. Remember, these individuals were handpicked by Allah himself, and our portrayal of them through art and film does not do them justice at all.

EVIDENCE FROM THE QURANEVIDENCE IN AHADITH

Hadith - Bukhari 3:428, Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan

While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."

Hadith -Bukhari 4:47, Narrated 'Aisha

I stuffed for the Prophet a pillow decorated with pictures (of animals) which looked like a Namruqa (i.e. a small cushion). He came and stood among the people with excitement apparent on his face. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is wrong?" He said, "What is this pillow?" I said, "I have prepared this pillow for you, so that you may recline on it." He said, "Don't you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures; and whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked to give life to (what he has created)?"

Comment

Originally posted by femmebeliever View Post
          A few movies are coming up about the beloved prophets.

Noah saw will be depicted by Russel Crowe in the new movie Noah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ

( Please use your brain and dont copy and view it if it is against your moral beliefs to do so. )

Reza Aslan's Zealot will be made into a movie: http://www.thewrap.com/lionsgate-zea...vie-reza-aslan

I've always wondered. If Muslims were soooo bothered about Rasulullah saw depicted in image. Would they react in a similar fashion in the case of Jesus a.s, Noah a.s, Musa a.s?

The last time some idiot tried to depict Rasulullah saw in image, there was a worldwide riot. Will these next series of movies normalize portrayal of Abrahamic prophets in image? How will Muslims react to this? Why is it okay to a Muslim to have the image of Jesus a.s on the floor to be stepped on as movie promotion pictures often have on floor marketing advertisements?

Islam to me makes a lot of sense, but Muslims.. not really. And I hope some Muslims can come forward and explain the logic of their anger and resentment. And very well, for sure different people will view such things differently.

There will definitely be the bunch who will detest all this and if so, can you explain to me how do you cope and manage?
          And for those who are half half on this issue, why? And what is the extreme limits of your stand on the matter?
          And for those who do not care- why does it not matter? And how do you balance it with Islamic rulings and various hadiths that speak against imagery? Especially of the Prophet saw.
          Degenerate Kuffar depicting the Anbiya(as), ... we shouldn't be watching any of them,

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
          X