X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you refrain from caffeine?

:salams

I am addicted to it

Wanna save my kidneys....................

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: How do you refrain from caffeine?

:wswrwb:

Why do you take/drink it?
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Wa alikum salam.

Wait hold on. Caffeine destroys kidneys?... :-0

Maybe start reducing your intake of caffeine.... and then stop. Step by step.

Or find another substitute for the caffeine based thing you are addicted.
      Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post

I am addicted to it

You are kidding me, right ? Caffeine or kidney ................. decisions , decisions.

lol all joke aside, I drink about 2-3 cups of coffee a day and I even spoke to 2 Doctors, they all said that is fine and has no health risks.
        Gone with the wind.

Comment

How do you refrain from caffeine?

I switched to drinking choclate milk

Comment

Originally posted by FouadEl View Post
            looool. Chocolate has caffeine too.
            Gone with the wind.

Comment

Cold turkey, I switched to decaf recently. I was falling asleep at every opportunity so I would suggest doing it when you have time off work or something, and maybe when salah times are not so close together (if you are in UK). After switching to decaf you have to remember other things apart from coffee and tea also contain caffeine (like coke) and try to stay away from those at the beginning too.

Comment

Sometimes caffeine is good for you.
                7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
                Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                  looool. Chocolate has caffeine too.
                  oh?

Comment

oh?
                    Yup. Caffeine is found naturally in cocoa beans and chocolate is made using coccoa beans so a small amount of caffeine will be present.
                    Gone with the wind.

Comment

How do you refrain from caffeine?

:wswrwb:

I don't refrain :|

I tried going decaf and survived only 6 hours before I had my 'diva moment' and demanded my PG Tips back. It was horrible- you feel sluggish, sickish and everything annoys you- even other people breathing too loudly
                      ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                      U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                        Cold turkey, I switched to decaf recently. I was falling asleep at every opportunity so I would suggest doing it when you have time off work or something, and maybe when salah times are not so close together (if you are in UK). After switching to decaf you have to remember other things apart from coffee and tea also contain caffeine (like coke) and try to stay away from those at the beginning too.
                        Decaf is worse
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

You don't!!!

Drink good quality filter coffee and enjoy it.

I drink 2,3,4,5,6 cups a day...

Its never done me any harm....aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Comment

I've gone off of it, but went back because I get migraines and it helps prevent them(something about opening the blood vessels...).

How I went off was to switch from coffee to tea, then cut down on the tea and replace it with orange juice or a smoothie in the morning. I didn't get too many headaches when I did it like that. Times when I forgot to wean off and went cold turkey(like during Ramadan) I would end up with a horrible migraine for days. :'-(

I would get lots of headaches when I was completely weaned off of coffee & tea. When I found out that it helps to keep migraines at bay, I went back to it and just keep it low - 1 cup of coffee or tea a day, sometimes 2(rarely).

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post

I am addicted to it

Salaam Bro It doesnt just affect your kidneys. It affects your brain. Why not you try this? For every cup of coffee hydrate your body with equal amounts of distilled water.

I love the smell of coffee so I know how hard it is. You can overcome this!

My uztazah says in Yemen the scholars and the hifz would survive day and night studying by preparing a special diet of raisins, yemeni sidr honey, routine fasting, biting on and brushing with a miswak occassionally, keeping their diet extremely simple and light and not taking anything that would encourage lethargy.. there is a special routine that they'd do. I tried it once and honestly eating 7 raisins 21 times will send a shock to the brain that will for sure wake it up. Lol. And the thing about the scholars is that they are used to a routine of sleeping little in the night and having siestas. I hope this will keep you charged throughout the day.

My wonder food is ajwa dates. Only found in medina beautiful tastes and it helped me get over chocolates and other nasties like coffee. And it doesnt give e horrid after effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X