X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FouadEl
    replied
    Re: My Baby Brother!

My aunt died recently at age 44 very very young....age it was the first time i ever saw my father cry :(
    but yea his time is coming,my time is coming its apart of life i lost both of my grampas and grannys at age 16 i never got to see them actually or even meet them

Leave a comment:

• LightOfTomorrow
    replied

السلام عليكم

Now that I look back, I feel really foolish and stupid for thinking this way! Thank you all for helping me to see the truth, and everything that you've said is completely right. May Allah S.W.T. have mercy on all of you for helping me out with this.

Leave a comment:

• InTheBegining
    replied

Lol, you seemed more worried than your Dad. Thous is life don't think to much of it. Death isn't related to age BTW.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

In my experience what I've seen in many families is that the older children marry, have kids & maybe move to other towns/countries then when parents become more frail in old age, its often the youngest child (who by this time wudve maybe reached late teens) who is still living with them & takes the most responsibility for their care. So maybe he'd support u in caring for the family as he will have to grow up eventually inshaAllah. Ur way overthinking this. Ur parents might outlive you.

Leave a comment:

• nonameakhi
    replied

My youngest brother is 19 years my junior and when he was born people wouldn't believe he was my brother they thought he was my son and we were ''covering it up''

He was a real surprise as parents were pretty old for children by then according to medical books (without going into specifics)

I actually envy him to a degree as both parents were so patient with him compared to me and my older sibling and we spoilt him rotten as I was 19

He is very well balanced in his 20's and living with both parents so alhamdullilah

Yet I have cousins who are my juniors whose dad died whilst they were babies and then their mums died while they were still in their teens and are being looked after by their ''step dad''. One of the cousins died at 35 had a heart attack and wasn't obese etc

This is the thing we don't know so have faith inshallah whatever age and do good deeds

Leave a comment:

• Bint_Hajj
    replied

Originally posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
    :wswrwb:

You're thinking about things too much.
    Exactly this^^

None of knows what will happen tomorrow let alone 10 or 20 years from now.
    Enjoy your family and enjoy your new baby brother. :)

Leave a comment:

• ~Sprinkles
    replied

:wswrwb:

You're thinking about things too much.

Leave a comment:

• Fairy
    replied

Such is life...

No need to worry. Happens to all of us.

Leave a comment:

• LightOfTomorrow
    started a topic My Baby Brother!

My Baby Brother!

السلام عليكم

On November 13, my baby brother Yusuf was born. I was immensely happy at first, but then I started to think more about the technicalities of the matter. You see, I'm 17 while my mom is in her late 30s and my dad is almost 50. I already had three younger sisters before Yusuf was born, and the age gap between my youngest sister and myself is 11 years. This is bearable, but the age gap between Yusuf and I (17 years) seems really large. Sometimes I feel like I'm old enough to be his father, and this causes me to feel even more responsible for what happens in the future. I mean, when Yusuf turns 10, my dad (only provider of the family) will be 60 and will look to retire soon. I'll be 27 by then, just starting a life of my own, and now it becomes difficult. My dad's chances of passing away increase as he grows older, and if he does by Allah's will, then I will be left to support my mother, sisters, and brother at that time. I feel really stressed out and scared just thinking about this...don't get me wrong though I love Yusuf A LOT, but I'm just worried that he won't live as good a life if I provide for him rather than my father. I'm really confused about this matter in general, so can someone please explain to me the right way to think about this? Jazakallahu Khairan in advance.
Working...
X