hatred towards other religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hatred towards other religion

is it permissible to hate other religion? if NO, why? answers with reference to Quran and Hadith are appreciated.

Re: hatred towards other religion

Why would you use the word "hate" for someone else and what they believe?

Comment

one of my friend was provoking me to hate other religion so how can i convey him?

Comment

Instead of getting back at him by telling him you hate his religion give da'wah it will be better.
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Disbelief should be hateful to us.

http://bukhariexplanation.com/hadith-16/

How can any Muslim have love for something that will throw its possessor into the fire of hell?

To approve of a Kaffirs worship in anyway is kufr in itself.
          By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
            Disbelief should be hateful to us.

Chapter: The sweetness of eemaan

Muhammad Ibn Al-Muthanna related from ‘Abd Ul-Wahhab Al-Thaqafe from Ayyub from Abu Qilabah from Anas Ibn Malik that the Prophet said, “Whoever possesses these three attributes will experience the sweetness of belief: that Allah and His Messenger are more beloved to him than anything else; that he loves someone for the sake of Allah alone; and that he hates reverting to disbelief as much as he would hate being thrown into a fire.”

His saying, “and he hates reverting to disbelief”

Abu Nu`aym added from the narration of Muhammad Ibn Al-Muthanna “after Allah saved him from it” and being saved (from the fire) is more general than protection (from the fire) as in the case of a person who was born upon Islam and remains upon it, or a person taken out of the oppression of disbelief and brought to the light of eemaan as occurred with many of the sahaba (companions).

So “revert” (to disbelief) in this narration means to “become” (a disbeliever). Whereas in the second narration (with the addition “after Allah rescued him from it”) the meaning is to “revert”, or go back to.

http://bukhariexplanation.com/hadith-16/

How can any Muslim have love for something that will throw its possessor into the fire of hell?

To approve of a Kaffirs worship in anyway is kufr in itself.
            can I just add on that ''hating disbelief does NOT mean insulting their religion.''

Allah says in the Quran ''Do NOT insult their Gods so they do NOT insult Him as that is a bigger crime'' - words to that effect- [will post ayah when I find it =/]

EDIT = found ayah and it's explanation.

{And do not insult those they invoke other than Allaah, lest they insult Allaah in enmity without knowledge.}[Quran 6:108],

Ibn Abi Haatim may Allaah have mercy upon him narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas may Allaah be pleased with him commented on this verse, saying: "They (the disbelievers) said, 'O Muhammad! You have to stop insulting our gods, otherwise we will insult your Lord.'
            Thereafter, Allaah The Almighty prohibited the believers from insulting the disbelievers' idols, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge. Ibn Hajar may Allaah have mercy upon him said in Al-Fat'h: "This Hadeeth indicates the permissibility of insulting disbelievers in reply for insulting Muslims. This does not contradict the general prohibition of insulting disbelievers so that they may not insult Muslims because this (prohibition) is meant for insulting them first, not replying to their insults as a form of defense."
            Last edited by Rebel101; 17-12-13, 11:30 AM.
            Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
              can I just add on that ''hating disbelief does NOT mean insulting their religion.''

Allah says in the Quran ''Do NOT insult their Gods so they do NOT insult Him as that is a bigger crime'' - words to that effect- [will post ayah when I find it =/]
              Jzk, thought that would go without saying but you're right probably needed to be said.

Anyone claiming we shouldn't hate disbelief is claiming that we shouldn't hate sin, i.e Murder, rape, stealing, etc. should be things we approve of and like. Kufr is the biggest sin and to die upon it is unforgivable so our hatred for it should be appropriate for how bad it is and it is the worst of all sins.
              By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                Jzk, thought that would go without saying but you're right probably needed to be said.

Anyone claiming we shouldn't hate disbelief is claiming that we shouldn't hate sin, i.e Murder, rape, stealing, etc. should be things we approve of and like. Kufr is the biggest sin and to die upon it is unforgivable so our hatred for it should be appropriate for how bad it is and it is the worst of all sins.
                I assumed that too, till I saw many people insulting the disbelievers ''gods'' so yeah decided to say it.

Hating disbelief is a sign of iman as is not insulting their Gods so they do not insult Allah in ignorance.

- Both show that we should love for Allah and hate for Him too.
                Gone with the wind.

Comment

hatred towards other religion

Its called arrogence at its highest branch

Comment

Originally posted by FouadEl View Post
                    Its called arrogence at its highest branch
                    Please elaborate. Is hating murder arrogance?

If not then what is wrong with hating kufr and shirk which are worse than murder?

Please provide hadith as I have done above.

Comment

Originally posted by mohd saleem View Post
                      is it permissible to hate other religion? if NO, why? answers with reference to Quran and Hadith are appreciated.
                      I think to hate would be such a waste of time. It takes out a lot from you but maybe thats more 'macho'. I dont know. There is a hadith that says basically to mind your own business and also as much as there are hadiths and quranic verses that show that one should dislike idolatory and anything that deviates one from Islam.. there are hundreds more that showed rasulullahs way of dealing with multi faith issues. Medina began as a pluralistic society. if the prophet of Allah who is supposed to be our example- hated every other religion. How could he rule under a multi faith banner? I think its not so much about hatred.. its about spreading the truth. Its about ensuring Islam has a chance of survival and Muslims get a chance to thrive and live in peace. When Islam came to South East Asia the beauty of Islam was given a chance to shine and illuminate. The only time I know that Allah swt would be really angry in e Qur'an is when the pagan Arabs in the day tried deviously to put a stop to god's message. everytime a lie or perhaps a misinformation was given to rationalize rasulullah saw and the qur'an... the qur'an responds back logically in a way that appeals to rationality and the heart. Not by wanting to wage war and etc and through insults. Its the call to the truth. Not the call to insult and hurt. It warns, it enlightens. And it offers a message of strength to the believers, and the sinners and those who want to repent.

Sorry no quotes. May Allah forgive me if I made a mistake.

Comment

Maybe u should define hate.. because otherwise there will be a semantical war fare here for no reason. Lol.

Comment

Ask him to occupy his time with more productive things and works for Islam and the Muslims. It is winter a lot of poor need winter clothes and warm food for example. He would be so busy concerning about his akhirah there wont be time to waste for hating and disliking and other non productive emotions. Take him out to do some ibadah. Pray jemaah together, do zikr, do some volunteer work at e old folks or the orphanage or the prisons centre, or a special needs school for adults.. a lot of people need people to be generous with their hearts and spirit.. dislike and hate eats up all that generosity.. dont you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by femmebeliever View Post
                            I think to hate would be such a waste of time. It takes out a lot from you but maybe thats more 'macho'. I dont know. There is a hadith that says basically to mind your own business and also as much as there are hadiths and quranic verses that show that one should dislike idolatory and anything that deviates one from Islam.. there are hundreds more that showed rasulullahs way of dealing with multi faith issues. Medina began as a pluralistic society. if the prophet of Allah who is supposed to be our example- hated every other religion. How could he rule under a multi faith banner?
                            When did Nabi(SAW) do this according to you?

Nabi(SAW) and the Sahbah(RA) have always ruled under the banner of islam, Kaffirs are to pay Jizyah under Islmaic law they aren't exempt from Shariah in regards to ruling over non-Muslims.

Sorry no quotes. May Allah forgive me if I made a mistake.
                            Ameen, because you have several but lets concentrate on the biggest one I.E ruling under multi faith.

Comment

Love and hate:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Hisham: We were with the Prophet and he was holding the hand of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab. 'Umar said to Him, "O Allah's Apostle! You are dearer to me than everything except my own self." The Prophet said, "No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, (you will not have complete faith) till I am dearer to you than your own self." Then 'Umar said to him, "However, now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my own self." The Prophet said, "Now, O 'Umar, (now you are a believer)." (Bukhari: Book #78, Hadith #628)

Narrated Anas: A bedouin came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! When will The Hour be established?" The Prophet said, "Wailaka (Woe to you), What have you prepared for it?" The bedouin said, "I have not prepared anything for it, except that I love Allah and H is Apostle." The Prophet said, "You will be with those whom you love." We (the companions of the Prophet ) said, "And will we too be so? The Prophet said, "Yes." So we became very glad on that day... (Bukhari: Book #73, Hadith #188)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessing be upon him) observed: you shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith) and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another. Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to (the practice of paying salutation to oneanother by saying) as-salamu alaikum. (Muslim: Book #001, Hadith #0096)

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith: 1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else. 2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake. 3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire." (Bukhari :Book#2, Hadith #15)

Hadith Qudsi 24: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"If Allah has loved a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: ‘I love So-and-so, therefore love him.’" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: ‘Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him.’ And the inhabitants of heaven love him." He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: ‘I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him.’ So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: ‘Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him.’" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth." [It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi)

Allah clearly abors disbelief(Kufr/Shirk), to refute that is to refute Quran.

Allah Azzawajal says

Indeed there has been an excellent example for you (muslims) in Ibrahim and those with him, when they said to their people: "Verily we are free from you..and whatever you worship besides Allah: we rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone [60:4]

Ibn Abbas reports that the Prophet said, "The strongest bond of faith is loyalty for the sake of Allah and opposition for His sake, love for the sake of Allah and enmity for His sake." Sunan Abu Dawud 40:4582 , and as-Suyuti, al-Jami' as-Saghir, 1/69. Al-Albani classes it as "hassan".

Ibn taimiya said: "The declaration of faith, there is no god but Allah, requires you to love only for the sake of Allah, to hate only for the sake of Allah, to ally yourself only for the sake of Allah, to declare enmity only for the sake of Allah; it requires you to love what Allah loves and to hate what Allah hates." [Ibn Taimiya, al-Ihtijaj bil-Qadar, p.62.]

Ibn Abbas is also reported to have said, "Whoever loves for the sake of Allah, and hates for the sake of Allah, and whoever seals a friendship for His sake, or declares an enmity for His sake, will receive, because of this, the protection of Allah. No one may taste true faith except by this, even if his prayers and fasts are many. People have come to build their relationships around the concerns of the world, but it will not benefit them in any way. [Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Jami' al-Ulum wal Hikam, p.30]

Ibn Taymyya: The perfection of tawhid is found when there remains nothing in the heart except Allah, the servant is left loving those He loves and what He loves, hating those He hates and what He hates, showing allegiance to those He has allegiance to, showing enmity to those He shows enmity towards, ordering what He orders and prohibiting what he prohibits. [ibn al-Qayyim, al-madarij (3/485)]

‘Abdullāh b. ‘Umar said: “By Allāh, if I fasted all day without eating, prayed all night without sleeping, spent all of my wealth in the Path of Allāh, died the day I died, but had no love in my heart for those who obey Allāh, and no hatred in my heart for those who disobey Allāh, none of this would benefit me in the least.” [collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

‘Abdullāh b. Mas’ūd said: “If a man were to stand for seventy years worshipping Allāh between the Yemeni Corner and the Maqām of Ibrāhim [at the Ka’bah], he would still be resurrected on the Day of Judgement with those whom he loved.” [collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

al-Hasan al-Basrī said: “Being harsh against a Fāsiq brings you closer to Allāh – the Exalted.” “[collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

Ibn qayyim said: Indeed the more alive a person's heart is, the stronger its anger for the sake of Allah and the more complete his support to Islam and Muslims." (A'alaam al-Muwaqqi'een, volume 2, page 176).

Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:“Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by hating it and feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

Al-Bayhaqi narrated with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr that he said: “Whoever settles in the land of the non-Arabs and celebrates their new year and festival and imitates them until he dies in that state, will be gathered with them on the Day of Resurrection.” [1/723-724, أحكامأهلالذمة]
                              Last edited by Sandman; 17-12-13, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X