Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothes Washing Powder/Washing Liquid in the days of the Prophet(PBUH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes Washing Powder/Washing Liquid in the days of the Prophet(PBUH)

Was just wondering today.

Were there any chemical substances to wash clothes with such as washing powder or washing liquid we use today in the days of the Prophet (pbuh) ?

Soap ? We know all washing was done with water, but were there any extra substances ? Chemical, or even Organic ?

If yes, can someone post a reference please.
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Re: Clothes Washing Powder/Washing Liquid in the days of the Prophet(PBUH)

Salam,

If I recall correctly Muhammad(PBUH) said that men should wear fragrances, he also said we should use oil(olive oil - as far I remember) on our skin as it was beneficent for us. I also recall that it was said that "Cleanliness is half of ones imaan".
    The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
    "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

Re: Clothes Washing Powder/Washing Liquid in the days of the Prophet(PBUH)

Of course it is.

Just want to know if there was anything else other than water clothes were washed with back then.
      "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Comment

Working...
      X