Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is over-apologizing good or bad?

:salams

What do you think? Will over-apologizing lower self esteem?
    ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: Is over-apologizing good or bad?

Wa alaikum salam wr wb

I think it is not necessary to over-apologize, bcause if they dont forgive then it will make you feel really bad. And if someone doesnt want to forgive it is possible that it can make them stubborn.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

I don't think it will lower self esteem. Maybe the other person will use this to their advantage and it may feel like they can do whatever they want. Maybe it makes one seem like a doormat?
      Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
        :salams

What do you think? Will over-apologizing lower self esteem?
        Walaikum asalam wa rahmatulah wa baraktuh,

Totally depends on the situation and how big of a mistake/ how much you've hurt the other person. Over apologising all the time over trivial matters may indicate a lack of self esteem to others, as some have already said people may use you as a doormat. I'd say quality over quantity, so apologise maybe once but sincerely and make dua that Allah softens that persons heart in'Sha'Allah.
        My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
        As You have sanctified Your house,
        Make my heart as protected and as honoured
        In which permission of entry
        Is only granted to a few,
        Please Allah, allow my heart
        To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
        when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
        In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Working...
        X