• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobz
    replied
    Re: Healthy alternative to eating out at university

Originally posted by pickaname View Post
    Noodles with egg, boneless chicken or canned tuna.

/noobz, does he eat the helva with chicken for protein?
    doesnt gajar have protein? ...

Leave a comment:

• pickaname
    replied

Noodles with egg, boneless chicken or canned tuna.

/noobz, does he eat the helva with chicken for protein?

Leave a comment:

• Islam3333
    replied

paratha with egg

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

gajar ka halwa.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

Stirfry boneless chicken pieces in garlic oil & desi spices such as turmeric, garam masala etc. When the chicken cools down slap it between 2 slices of butterred bread & u can put it in the fridge overnight I mean the sarni tastes good hot or cold. Also take a carton of juice & a brownie. Alternatively stirfry chicken with sliced onions & mixed peppers in fajita spices. Then take a lunchbox or tiffin with compartments; put a vegetarian wrap in one section, cooked chicken etc in another & in the last compartmen (or in a small sealed tub) put salsa. At luchtime stuff ur wrap with all that stuff then roll it up & eat it (vent tried cold fajita tbh).

In the summer months I'd suggest making a simple pasta salad or quinoa salad. For pasta salad, u cook some pasta accordibng 2 packet instructions, let it cool a bit then mix in dressing or salad. U can buy dressing from shops or make ur own by mixing quality extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice, salt, pepper & maybe mustard or other flavours u like. Then add stuff like cubes of feta. If u add cucumber & tomato then scoop out & throw away the watery seeds 1st- maybe throw in a handful of cress. Alternatively u can make a dressing with pesto, or mayo then add tuna & sweetcorn a lot depebnds on ur taste.

One idea that helped me was to go somewhere like the m&s food section where they sell the sarnies & wraps etc. Look wat flavour combos they use, read their ingredients list & it can give inspiration. River cottage did a great episode on lunchboxes if I find the youtube link I'll try and put it on here for u it had tons of useful ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Talwaar
    replied

roti shareef

Leave a comment:

• PakiBaz
    started a topic Healthy alternative to eating out at university

Healthy alternative to eating out at university

السلام عليكك
    Looking healthy opinions which I can make at home and have at university , instead of eating junk from outside.
    Must taste good when cold, must be decent in protein content and fats.

جزاك الله خيرا
Working...
X