Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy alternative to eating out at university

السلام عليكك
    Looking healthy opinions which I can make at home and have at university , instead of eating junk from outside.
    Must taste good when cold, must be decent in protein content and fats.

جزاك الله خيرا
    The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
    The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
    Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
    This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it.
    –Imam Al Ghazali

Re: Healthy alternative to eating out at university

roti shareef
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Stirfry boneless chicken pieces in garlic oil & desi spices such as turmeric, garam masala etc. When the chicken cools down slap it between 2 slices of butterred bread & u can put it in the fridge overnight I mean the sarni tastes good hot or cold. Also take a carton of juice & a brownie. Alternatively stirfry chicken with sliced onions & mixed peppers in fajita spices. Then take a lunchbox or tiffin with compartments; put a vegetarian wrap in one section, cooked chicken etc in another & in the last compartmen (or in a small sealed tub) put salsa. At luchtime stuff ur wrap with all that stuff then roll it up & eat it (vent tried cold fajita tbh).

In the summer months I'd suggest making a simple pasta salad or quinoa salad. For pasta salad, u cook some pasta accordibng 2 packet instructions, let it cool a bit then mix in dressing or salad. U can buy dressing from shops or make ur own by mixing quality extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice, salt, pepper & maybe mustard or other flavours u like. Then add stuff like cubes of feta. If u add cucumber & tomato then scoop out & throw away the watery seeds 1st- maybe throw in a handful of cress. Alternatively u can make a dressing with pesto, or mayo then add tuna & sweetcorn a lot depebnds on ur taste.

One idea that helped me was to go somewhere like the m&s food section where they sell the sarnies & wraps etc. Look wat flavour combos they use, read their ingredients list & it can give inspiration. River cottage did a great episode on lunchboxes if I find the youtube link I'll try and put it on here for u it had tons of useful ideas.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

gajar ka halwa.

Comment

paratha with egg
          لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Noodles with egg, boneless chicken or canned tuna.

/noobz, does he eat the helva with chicken for protein?
            To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
            Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
            Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
            - AbuM

Comment

Originally posted by pickaname View Post
              Noodles with egg, boneless chicken or canned tuna.

/noobz, does he eat the helva with chicken for protein?
              doesnt gajar have protein? ...

Comment

Working...
              X