• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving gift from business partner

:salams

Under no condition.

Is it allowed in Islam or not?

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: Receiving gift from business partner

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
    :salams

Under no condition.

Is it allowed in Islam or not?
    '

This is always a grey area. If by you receiving gifts then the giver expects something in return, i.e. bigger chances of winning a project, being considered for a job, gain something out of it, then it is not allowed.
    But if its just out of plain kindness or out of appreciation then I think it is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by serio View Post
      '

This is always a grey area. If by you receiving gifts then the giver expects something in return, i.e. bigger chances of winning a project, being considered for a job, gain something out of it, then it is not allowed.
      But if its just out of plain kindness or out of appreciation then I think it is ok.
      Expecting something in return meaning that the one who receives a gift has an authority for decision-making. Is it? What if he/she does not have any authority or whatnot to promote or give job, for example?

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
        Expecting something in return meaning that the one who receives a gift has an authority for decision-making. Is it? What if he/she does not have any authority or whatnot to promote or give job, for example?
        Has an authority or has some influence in the decision making. E.g. he can tell his boss that company A is better than B and his boss will rely on his inputs to make a decision.
        If he has no influence or does not impact the business in any way, then it should be ok.
        But in this time and age, that scenario is highly unlikely

Comment

I can't sleep well thinking about this. I guess I need to return that gift. I am scared to death if it's haram and I have traded my religion to it. Is it going to offend that person?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X