Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should I have to wish peace to someone I don't want to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith1
    replied
    Re: Why should I have to wish peace to someone I don't want to?

Last edited by Faith1; 21-07-14, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

Last edited by Faith1; 21-07-14, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
    The whole cutting ties thing.. It's like haunting me :/

I know how big of a sin it is and I understand it however, if say a relative hurt you and I don't mean something small but in a very serious way, and he never apologized, never even owned up to it.. Why should one wish peace upon him when seeing him out and about? Would a situation like this not be an exception to the cutting ties rule? I'm a forgiving person however some things are very hard to forgive, especially when the person never said sorry.
    Because perhaps if you take the islamic route and ignore his sins against you, Allah would forgive one of your huge sins on al qiyama. That's reason enough to return his salams, even if you hate him.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

Idk who yazid is but that has nothing to do with anything...

Maintaining ties (at least by saying Salam) goes for family/relatives.. Not strangers or ghair mahrams

Leave a comment:

• i.carrim
    replied

How could you wish peace to Yazid if you were to meet him ? How can you wish peace to mass murderers if you are to meet them?
    Last edited by i.carrim; 25-11-13, 07:36 AM. Reason: meet instead of met

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

Yea
    Last edited by Faith1; 21-07-14, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mustafa Mahmud
    replied

So until I say Salam to him, nothing I do counts for me? Like I feel no matter how much Quran I read, or how many times I pray etc that none of it is counting for me. Bcos of the whole cutting ties I feel Allah turned away from me (bcos of my own actions) and that devastates me
    Woa, do it like once a week/month, give a quick salams and then stay away from him as much as possible.....

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

So until I say Salam to him, nothing I do counts for me? Like I feel no matter how much Quran I read, or how many times I pray etc that none of it is counting for me. Bcos of the whole cutting ties I feel Allah turned away from me (bcos of my own actions) and that devastates me

Leave a comment:

• Mustafa Mahmud
    replied

All you need to do is keep salams...that's it insha Allah. Take the most lenient option you were provided. Try to keep away from that person and his mischief.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

Last edited by Faith1; 21-07-14, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Yunus aua
    replied

It's more complicated than that.. Even if I do forgive him... I cant sit with him as if what he did wasnt so bad and It's also caused me a lot of problems but ok
    I understand that, but remember things take time.
    Start with salams, and then from there :insha: things will improve. You don't have to invite him to dinner right away.
    A step at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

It's more complicated than that.. Even if I do forgive him... I cant sit with him as if what he did wasnt so bad and It's also caused me a lot of problems but ok

Leave a comment:

• Yunus aua
    replied

Wa alaykum assalam

But why not? It's a choice for us to forgive others (though its definitely better to forgive than not) so I don't understand why I have to maintain ties... I'm a sincere person therefore if I really don't wish peace upon you, I'm not gonna greet you with it. I would always return the Salam bcos its obligatory but if someone hurt you in a horrible way, I don't see why I should have to say Salam to that person.
    Why not ?, because we are commanded not to sever family ties.
    You will have to speak to the person and try to resolve your issues. Don't think your doing it for them, your doing it for yourself to please Allah .

Leave a comment:

• Faith1
    replied

Wa alaykum assalam

But why not? It's a choice for us to forgive others (though its definitely better to forgive than not) so I don't understand why I have to maintain ties... I'm a sincere person therefore if I really don't wish peace upon you, I'm not gonna greet you with it. I would always return the Salam bcos its obligatory but if someone hurt you in a horrible way, I don't see why I should have to say Salam to that person.

Leave a comment:

• Yunus aua
    replied

The whole cutting ties thing.. It's like haunting me :/

I know how big of a sin it is and I understand it however, if say a relative hurt you and I don't mean something small but in a very serious way, and he never apologized, never even owned up to it.. Why should one wish peace upon him when seeing him out and about? Would a situation like this not be an exception to the cutting ties rule? I'm a forgiving person however some things are very hard to forgive, especially when the person never said sorry.
    :salams

I don't think there are any exceptions for the cutting ties ruling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X