Impurity on lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impurity on lips

Can you make your impure bloody lips pure by licking the blood away?

Re: Impurity on lips

just when you thought it couldnt get any more bizarre

impure?
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Why is that bizarre - have you ever had a cut on your lip?

Comment

In terms of pure do you mean for cleaning your body or spiritual purification as in wudu?

There is a difference of opinion on how much blood nullifies your wudu, if you just want to clean your lips then yes you can use saliva but I don't think you would be able to use it for ritual purification because there are requirements for what is considered pure water. I will in sha Allah get back to you with more information after I look at my Taharah book :)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by u.a. View Post
            Why is that bizarre - have you ever had a cut on your lip?
            I think what Fairy was implying was that blood is impure so to lick impurity is quite bizarre.

So just how any other impurity like animal saliva, alchohol, urine would be impermissible to enter your mouth, so would blood as it is considered impure.

and to clean any impurity, saliva is not sufficient as it itself is clean but it's not a cleanser (Taahir ghair Mutahhir -in Arabic terminology) so for example if you had impurity on your clothes, you couldn't use your salivaa to clean it.

hope that helps.
            “You miss the garden, because you want a small fig from a random tree.” Rumi

Comment

Ass'almualaikum wrb,

I asked the Sheikh today, if it is a small amount of blood your wudu is not broken according to Hanabli fiqh. Only gushing blood breaks wudu. So if you licked your lips it would be ok. Like the poster above stated saliva is not impure.

Comment

Working...
              X