• A charge for a GP visit

asalamu alaykum everyone,

http://www.reform.co.uk/content/3139..._in_healthcare
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Comment

Re: A charge for a GP visit

Most bengalis just need/want paracetamol.
      #BeardGang

Comment

Hmm I think that paying for a GP visit is a red line that people won't cross.

Everyone knows, like prescription charges, once you set the rule that they can have a "modest" charge, they will go up by more than inflation every year.

And then what happens when surgeries can compete with each other on price, and people go to the cheapest doctors, and they cut corners and have 2 minute consultations to keep prices down.

Nah, people won't accept it.

Comment

^
          so, do you think people will not accept it because it may open up doors to other things ?
          who says surgeries will compete with one another if there's a blanket charge. btw, aren't surgeries allocated on the basis of where you live, generally.

the prescription rise is not that much in the first place but i can imagine for those who are in need , it may get a bit over the top after a while.
          were you being funny with the 2 min consultation, I don't think anyone would accept such a thing. this sort of behaviour would make GPs more vulnerable to complaints.

Protein Shaykh, they can go to Tesco for the paracetamol.

chameleon, how about if there wasn't a charge for a visit but maybe a charge for missing one?
          علي الحبشي

Comment

As if life isn't expensive enough. Personally i think this will be the first step to privatising the health system.
            And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                ^
                so, do you think people will not accept it because it may open up doors to other things ?
                who says surgeries will compete with one another if there's a blanket charge. btw, aren't surgeries allocated on the basis of where you live, generally.

the prescription rise is not that much in the first place but i can imagine for those who are in need , it may get a bit over the top after a while.
                were you being funny with the 2 min consultation, I don't think anyone would accept such a thing. this sort of behaviour would make GPs more vulnerable to complaints.

Protein Shaykh, they can go to Tesco for the paracetamol.

chameleon, how about if there wasn't a charge for a visit but maybe a charge for missing one?
                Well GP surgeries are already kind of privately funded. As far as I can see, they operate like a Solicitor's company who work for the Courts and get government money per client.

I see they are now able to be more flexible in their opening hours and such (a good thing).

I guess we just wait for the first GP Surgery to collapse due to dodgy goings on, like at that free school.

I have paid sooo much money over the years, and I don't mind cos it's a good cause, but I want everyone to get care based only on what they need, not if they have cash or not.

Give them an inch....is what I am saying (also you could say I am paranoid).

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                  it is only for those who are able to afford it.

i'm just trying to get the bigger picture.
                  missed that bit

but still it's not they can't get the money from other places.
                  And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X