Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared that I won't be forgiven.

-:salams brothers and sisters

-Recently some topics about backbiting has been brought up and me I'm very against talking about people behind there backs and such. But one of the things that keeps popping in my mind was a simple joke me and my cousin did back than. It was during the time I came into Islam, three people were reciting (which I loved and enjoyed very much). But me just coming into Islam I didn't quite know everything so me and my cousin was mimicking they way they did it (not as an insult just being goofy). During my days of ignorance it was very normal to joke around like this but I never knew how serious Islam took it. And just recent memories from back when just keep popping in my head like the time me and my Pakistani friend was making your mom jokes which was a long time ago (I know I was a big knucklehead). It wasn't anything harsh or dirty but so simple and light it's silly. I don't know if I was a new Muslim or still a non-Muslim, and one more is when me and my friend was reading Quran (2 days ago). Our old imam taught us how to read and whenever we would mispronounce something he would say "hmmm". So my friend was helping me read surah Rahman and he said "hmmm" jokingly, not as an insult but reminiscing our old class so we laughed. But I heard we're suppose to defend our brothers honor and not joke like that so I've been feeling scared.

-One of the brothers that I mimicked back then, I saw him and I immediately told him that incident from three years ago and apologized and he smiled and said he forgave me. The other two I have no idea were they are now so I have no means to contact and to apologize to them. And I intend to apologize to my friend for this which he will laugh and understand but I'm curious on should I apologize to the mother even though I was ignorant? I'm scared to do so but when I get the chance inshallah. And one more thing, on the shia pray thread I said that the person was praying so fast that basically by the time I go into ruko they'll salam out. Which to me was a very light joke, but I kept pondering over and over again and asked for forgiveness. But I heard you need to ask the people themselves for forgiveness and this person is across the world. So I've been feeling very afraid that Allah won't forgive me since I cannot get in contact with these people.

-Just want to let people know these are very few incidents and I'd never say an insult to people behind there backs like "you're fat" or anything in that nature. But regardless no matter how light I thought it was, it's dangerous and I just been feeling scared since I can't go to some of the people and apologize. It scares me because one of the things that terrifies me most is having my hard earned good deeds taken away and getting the sins of others. It got so bad today that I thought what was the point of me being Muslim if my deeds will be taking away and given the sins of people and cast into hell fire. So much that I thought it was unfair astaghfirullah but I just feel hopeless. Two shiekhs said that make dua for there forgiveness and make taubah. But these thoughts keep coming in and saying is it that easy? After hearing these lectures about backbiting I just lost a lot of motivation to do extra acts of worship and feel like it'll be no point in me doing so since it'll be taking away.

-I know this is a long read, and it may seem trivial since I'm not thinking about and is extremely far away of becoming an apostate. I still strongly believe in Islam, just afraid that my deeds will be taken away and that there is no point in me trying anymore. Just need to know if I have a chance of being saved from being bankrupt. :jkk: for anyone that took the time to read this which I know is a hassle. Just need help, I want my motivation back and not feel like it'll be in vain.

Re: Scared that I won't be forgiven.

:wswrwb:

First is first, shaytaan is trying to make you feel hopeless and lose faith in Allah, seek refuge from him and don't ever entertain such thoughts, all they do is open doors for BIGGER sins.

Secondly, sincere repentance wipes out any sin. I know with back stabbing we are supposed to seek forgiveness from the person we back stabbed but in your case that is not possible.

What matters is the fact you regret what you did, asked Allah for forgiveness and want to make everything right. I suggest you keep doing good deeds and seeking forgiveness but don't let it consume you.

Remember, Allah is very merciful and loves to forgive those who are sincere, I doubt you will be thrown in hell for a sin you truly regret and which you have repented from and abstained from.

I think you are over thinking it and complicating things for yourself. Yes what you did was wrong, but you know that and you regret it, so don't despair and move on akhi :up:
    Gone with the wind.

Comment

Allah says to never despair in His mercy. Your feeling of regret and shame etc is a good thing. It shows your repentance is sincere.. Just try your hardest to stay away from the sins and increase your goods and Allah will forgive you. I remember reading a quote- the best of believers are those who repent.
      "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Remember that no matter how big the sin Allah tells us in the Qur'an.

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin. [4:48]

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray.[4:116]

Apart from that the incident when you first came to Islam you didn't know better. And I am sure you won't do it again in sha' Allah.

But from now onwards don't mock anyone reciting. Even if you/someone else doesn't mean anything malicious by it. It is the ayaat of Allah and you wouldn't want to unknowingly be among those that do it out of ignorance.

As for asking someone for forgiveness i.e. your friend's mother say this du`a and remember it.

'Allahuma fa 'ayumma mu'minin sababtuhu faj`al thaalika lahu qurbatan illayka yawma al qiyama.' It is narrated by Al Bukhaari and Muslim and you can find it in 'Hisnul Muslim' 'Fortress of a Muslim'.

By saying it you are making du`a for anyone you have said something bad about.

Repent sincerely and I ask Allah to accept your tawbah and ours. We all make mistakes, and say things we shouldn't however we should renew our tawba and make the intention to never go back.

Don't despair from the mercy of Allah . It is the sign of a good heart that you fear your sins, may Allah make you, and us aware of our shortcomings and help us strengthen our faith.

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [39:53]

Also akhi, try to remember reading your adhkaar every day. May Allah protect us from the waswasa of shaytaan, he tries to make us despair so we lose all hope. Don't for all Subhaanah wa ta`ala is Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem.
        Last edited by ceeri_sista; 16-11-13, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Malik this is what it's like to be a believer in my opinion

You shouldn't feel content with sins and know that real regret that if you went back to that certain time you would of not done that and you should always try to keep yourself on a high standard with high expectations of yourself

However we as human beings are just going to fall into error I know myself sometimes you may thoughts of living an isolated life somewhere far away or sometimes thinking that you would've wished to have been a Sahabi or things like this, but we shouldn't be in despair of the Mercy of Allah

And I'm sure you know this and I've interacted with you on this forum and I have said you have polite manners and sometimes on this forum there are useless threads that we should avoid and we shouldn't tell jokes that are not true

What I feel you got to do when these things happen is 'turn a new leaf' again and again,

Don't let the devil trick you

We are still in this world and until we depart from this world there is always hope

So if you just lose motivation and don't do the things you should then who's winning over you?

I think your a good brother Malik that's my opinion and I think this thread just shows that

Do this thikr without fail everyday

Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdi, 100 times a day

And you can do astagh-fi-rullah

And others; but don't despair as the above user has focused on

Don't think it's just you who have these thoughts

Assalamu `alaykum.

ALSO I forgot

Ask a moderator to delete your post the one that you mentioned

Or edit it yourself
          Allāhu akbar

Comment

Akhii know how you feel ive gone throigh the same things. If youre feeling this way then that means you truly regret it. Just make sure domt do it again

im very familiar with "your mom" jokes. Allahu alim if you have to track down the mother. When we used to tell those jokes they werent serious or with the intention of actually slandering the persons mother. Well sometimes but then thats when it would turn into a fight. I aslo sometimes wonder if ill be forgiven sometimes my sins drive me crazy but its part of shaitans game to make us despair of Allahs mercy.

dont pay attention to those self righteos people on here who like to judge people for sins they dont commit. Everyome sins and the.worst sinners are the ones who try to justify it.

Comment

-I would like to think everyone of you for giving excellent advice, it has helped a lot and put me at ease. I was real down about it and felt like the sin wouldn't be lifted but alhamdullilah the thoughts vanished and I've gained hope again. I figure it was a ploy from the shaytan to get me to stop trying to better myself, I really appreciate you bros/sis help seriously I do it means a lot. May Allah grant all of you Jannah Al-Firdous and your families and make all of you successful in this life and the next amin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
                -I would like to think everyone of you for giving excellent advice, it has helped a lot and put me at ease. I was real down about it and felt like the sin wouldn't be lifted but alhamdullilah the thoughts vanished and I've gained hope again. I figure it was a ploy from the shaytan to get me to stop trying to better myself, I really appreciate you bros/sis help seriously I do it means a lot. May Allah grant all of you Jannah Al-Firdous and your families and make all of you successful in this life and the next amin.
                Ameen akhi. May Allah grant you and all Muslims the same.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X