Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need ideas on what to make for lunch!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need ideas on what to make for lunch!?

:salams

It has to be made from stuff that is found at the local food market. No meat as he closest halal meat shop is almost 4 hours away. Also no cooking or baking involved as mama ain't here with me. It should be easy and simple and not spoil too easily as I might be gone for days.

I leave at 5am tomorrow. Help!!!!!!

Re: I need ideas on what to make for lunch!?

Something with pasta?
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Tuna from a can pasta

• 75-100g dried tagliatelle
      • 75g tomatoes, halved
      • 1 can on tuna steak (use some of the oil/brine/water)
      • 1 red onion, diced
      • 2 tbsp. oil
      • 1 tbsp. worcester sauce
      • 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
      • Fresh basil, torn (if you have it)
      • Lots of pepper

Method

1) cook the pasta according to packet instructions
      2) mix the tomatoes and tuna with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl
      3) when you drain the pasta, place a mug under the colander to collect some of the pasta water.
      4) mix the tomatoes and tuna with the tagliatelle and a splash of the pasta water and serve with a grating of cheese if you like.
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Comment

mac n cheese i always love

8 ounces elbow macaroni
        1/4 cup butter
        1/4 cup flour
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1 dash black pepper
        2 cups milk
        2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
        Directions:

Cook macaroni according to package directions.
        In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, salt and pepper; slowly add milk.
        Cook and stir until bubbly.
        Stir in cheese until melted.
        Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat.
        Last edited by Fairy; 14-11-13, 09:02 PM.
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

sandwiches? with lettuce mayonnaise, other vegetables, jacket potatoe? you can microwave it and have it with baked beans?
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I can't cook pasta. Last time I tried, it got all sticky and gooey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              sandwiches? with lettuce mayonnaise, other vegetables, jacket potatoe? you can microwave it and have it with baked beans?
              YUM

A CLUB SANDWICH

but he said no meat, u gotta have chicken but i spose without will work too
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                HUH?

how could it get like that

get quick cook, let it come to the boil, then check if its cooked n ur down

Oh microwave rice bag?
                My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Egg on toast

or toast with cheese n tomato
                  My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

No meat = no lunch

Although tuna can be considered suitable for carnivores, I guess.

Boil potatoes, mash them, and mix with tuna into a kabab mixture along with salt, lemon, spices, etc. Make kababs from the mixture, fry, and enjoy.

Comment

club sandwich (chicken if u can)

green pepper
                      tomato
                      marg
                      cheese
                      lettuce
                      and french bread
                      add pickles, like cucumber or whatever u eat.
                      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

go get fast food

seems it will be easier for u

My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Watch this from 8.00 it'll show you how to make your own version of very quick and easy noodles in particular the tinned crab turns out to be the most popular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BGbjNmZ9LY
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                            It's not too difficult once you get the hang of it. Let the water boil first before you put the dry pasta in. Also a teaspoon of oil (any kind) in the water will help it not to stick, add some salt too. Time it once you put about a cup of pasta in for 5 mins exactly, get a fork pick a piece out if still a bit rubbery leave for a few more minutes max then take off heat.

Sandwiches are always easy and you can alternate the fillings. Tuna and mayo, boiled egg (if you need to boil an egg again let the water come to a boil then put the egg in, with a spoon, so it doesn't crack and after 10 minutes it should be hard boiled, cheese and tomato, or buy some jam and butter.

Do you get noodles in the supermarket? Dunno how Canada works lol :/ I know it isn't the HEALTHIEST option but at times when you want a hot meal you can boil the noodles for a few mins add the spice they've given that isn't too difficult.

Good luck.
                            My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                            As You have sanctified Your house,
                            Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                            In which permission of entry
                            Is only granted to a few,
                            Please Allah, allow my heart
                            To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                            when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                            In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post

Do you get noodles in the supermarket? Dunno how Canada works lol :/ I know it isn't the HEALTHIEST option but at times when you want a hot meal you can boil the noodles for a few mins add the spice they've given that isn't too difficult.

Good luck.
                              He doesn't need to buy instant noodles, the link I've posted above shows how to make your own version by putting together storecupboard ingredients like soy sauce and throwing in a few things like spring onions or spices and then at lunchtime just add water to the noodles, they've made it really simple.

As for sandwiches, if you're really underconfident about making your own, the supermarkets also sell sandwich fillers that have everything already mixed up for you, although it shouldn't be too hard to mix together some tuna, sweetcorn and mayo or whatever combo you like. It's really hard to know what to suggest to someone who can't cook pasta and can't get hold of meat easily.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                              X