Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multicultural Masjid: Who does all the cooking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicultural Masjid: Who does all the cooking?

Is your masjid multicultural?
    If so which sisters do all the cooking?

My masjid is very multicultural, but only the Pakastani sisters do all the cooking (I have NO problem with this I love their food!). ;)

I need a Pakastani cookbook I'm hungry. (Iftar in 7 hours)

Re: Multicultural Masjid: Who does all the cooking?

We dont even have a kitchen in our masjid.
    #BeardGang

Comment

Sisters volounteer when they have time to cook something so it is all very different all the time
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Yes, our masjid is very multicultural and everyone that wants to do the cooking does it and that means so many different kinds of food.

And you guys are fasting today?

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post

And you guys are fasting today?
          Yes the 9th and 10th day of Muharram. I know the 10th is the Day of Ashura and I forgot why we are including the 9th. I was told that some where fasting the first 10 days but we are only having iftar the 9th and 10th.

Comment

they have kitchens in masjids?

Comment

Oooooh yes to the Pakistani food:D That often tends to be a crowd pleaser though other foods are good too. I think who does the cooking depends on either which community is dominant in the masjid (cos even in a mixed community there is usually a majority of people from one place) and also other factors such as which sisters have the time, skill and resources to undertake such a responsibility and I think it also depends on who has close connections to the masjid committee who make a lot of decisions relating to the masjid. If I regain my health (make dua that I do) then I think I'd like to pursue some food related line of work.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                Most masjids that are constructed in America today function as community centers also. Can't have a community without a kitchen.

Comment

thought the same

I dont go to my one so wouldnt know

but some people might not like the spicy food, so what do they do. Do they complain?

I LOVE SPICY FOOD ...
                  My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                  ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                  “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                    thought the same

I dont go to my one so wouldnt know

but some people might not like the spicy food, so what do they do. Do they complain?

I LOVE SPICY FOOD ...
                    i dont think non desis like spicy food ...

heavy on the stomach.

Comment

i dont think non desis like spicy food ...

heavy on the stomach.
                      er curries are popular in Britannia

beating fish n chips
                      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                      “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post

Not sure......I would think the American muslims would be used to spicy food being that we are in the south and drown our food in hot sauce anyway. You know what, I think my taste buds are conditioned to hot/spicy food to the point where I can't tell if something is mild-spicy or hot-hot-spicy. Last night we had rice, lamb, and a mixed vegetable dish. My friends said that the mixed veggies were spicy. They didn't taste spicy to me. The meat was not spicy to them.

Comment

Depends. either the tablighi brothers manage something or the naqshabandi brothers.
                          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Naqshbandi men can cook?

First im hearing about it !!!
                            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Paki and AK naqshabandi men can, proper blasting out the kalimah whilst cooking and dishing out. I think the gujerati ones are more blessed in counting notes? **outta**
                              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Working...
                              X