Doing Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Prayers

Sorry if this in the wrong section, but....

Asalamu, Aleykum, I'm a new convert to Islam from Latvia. And I would like to start doing prayers, but I can never get across to do them yet, so I would like to hear some advices how to start and push myself to start doing it.
    The biggest problem is that I'm living with my parents and father is really anti-Islam. If he would find out that I have accepted Islam, I would be kicked out of house for sure. This is the main reason what has kept me off from doing it, but I would really like to start to (secretly to family).
    My mother knows of my decision though, I know that she doesn't really like it, but she respects it that it's my decision and isn't disappointed like everything is over, she just fears that my father might find out, but In Shaa Allah he wont.
    There are no other Muslims, Mosques or anything around, so I'm isolated here, but after less than a year In Shaa Allah I will leave this house after finishing 12th grade and study further or make Hijrah already.
    I'm no longer eating pork, never have used drugs, smoked or used alcohol, and Alhamdullilah haven't masturbated for 2 weeks already, so In Shaa Allah I have finally overcome that as well.

Also, is there any specific dua to help in studies as well? I'm feeling kinda depressed because of all this and not doing so good in school as a result, which in the result makes me feel even worse.
    And I fear that I could die without doing prayers and living wrongly and be punished in the grave and thrown in the Fire afterwards.
    http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/

Ask me questions!

Re: Doing Prayers

Walaykumussalam, I am glad I will be the first insha'Allah to reply to this post and I want to start off by congratulating you on your reversion to Islam.

I am not a revert myself and I don't think I would be able to imagine exactly what it feels like in this situation. Praying five times a day is fardh which means compulsory. Indeed with every hardship there is ease.

I don't know what your schedule properly is, but I will try insha'Allah to give you ideas on how to make time to pray without being discovered, as you want.

I tried to find Latvia's prayer times online, so if they aren't accurate, excuse me.

6:01 8:12 12:21 2:04 4:28 6:33

Praying fajr should be easily done since it's at about 6:01 so you could insha'Allah get up, make wudoo' and pray.

Thuhr starts at 12:21 according to the above times so I assume you'll be in school. I think normally there's a break time around 1:00 or something. Either excuse yourself in class before 1:00 (if you could inform your teachers - I don't know how it works in Latvia) or wait until 1:00 and find a suitable spot to pray insha'Allah.

`Asr starts at 2:04 so try to again excuse yourself from class to pray or alternatively when you leave school find a suitable spot to pray outside insha'Allah (I don't know if you travel to school on a bus) Even if it's on a bus you can get off and before you reach your house pray somewhere on the way insha'Allah.

Mughrib starts at 4:28 so in order to pray Mughrib you'll have to try and pray somewhere isolated in your home, maybe your bedroom.

`Isha starts at 6:33. `Isha should also be easy as it doesn't expire as quickly as the other prayers.

A du`a for an increase in knowledge is:

Rabbi Zidni `Ilma

"Oh my Lord, increase me in knowledge."

This may be a difficult time for you my brother and I hope insha'Allah you find ease.

Assalamu `alaykum.
    Allāhu akbar

Comment

welcome

are u able to go to the mosque?

just lock ur bedroom door n pray, u dont need to let ur father know ur a muslim if its going to cause hardships
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
      “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

was butter ball taken?
        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
          was butter ball taken?
          lol.. he was competing with butter chicken and had to pick a different bird
          Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by neighbour View Post
            Walaykumussalam, I am glad I will be the first insha'Allah to reply to this post and I want to start off by congratulating you on your reversion to Islam.

I am not a revert myself and I don't think I would be able to imagine exactly what it feels like in this situation. Praying five times a day is fardh which means compulsory. Indeed with every hardship there is ease.

I don't know what your schedule properly is, but I will try insha'Allah to give you ideas on how to make time to pray without being discovered, as you want.

I tried to find Latvia's prayer times online, so if they aren't accurate, excuse me.

6:01 8:12 12:21 2:04 4:28 6:33

Praying fajr should be easily done since it's at about 6:01 so you could insha'Allah get up, make wudoo' and pray.

Thuhr starts at 12:21 according to the above times so I assume you'll be in school. I think normally there's a break time around 1:00 or something. Either excuse yourself in class before 1:00 (if you could inform your teachers - I don't know how it works in Latvia) or wait until 1:00 and find a suitable spot to pray insha'Allah.

`Asr starts at 2:04 so try to again excuse yourself from class to pray or alternatively when you leave school find a suitable spot to pray outside insha'Allah (I don't know if you travel to school on a bus) Even if it's on a bus you can get off and before you reach your house pray somewhere on the way insha'Allah.

Mughrib starts at 4:28 so in order to pray Mughrib you'll have to try and pray somewhere isolated in your home, maybe your bedroom.

`Isha starts at 6:33. `Isha should also be easy as it doesn't expire as quickly as the other prayers.

A du`a for an increase in knowledge is:

Rabbi Zidni `Ilma

"Oh my Lord, increase me in knowledge."

This may be a difficult time for you my brother and I hope insha'Allah you find ease.

Assalamu `alaykum.
            Thanks for all the info, it's greatly appreciated, maybe Allah (SWT) reward you.
            What is the one at 8:12 though?
            12:21 time is very good, because at 12:30 there starts the long break, which lasts till 13:10, then I could surely pray.
            And what's the deadline when the prayer must be finished? Like this one is at 12:21, but you suggested to go out before 13:00, so how long does the time when I can pray lasts?
            14:04 time isn't bad too, mostly because at the times lessons happen to good teachers and on Friday they have already ended. And also on Tuesdays and Thursdays if I don't visit Sport (dislike it very much). :D
            In Mondays and Wednesdays lessons happen to the same teacher, she would understand that I need to pray, and besides, we can go outside (to toilet for example) if we want to even without informing. So doing a prayer shouldn't miss that much of a lesson.
            Lesson starts at 14:00, so it's not bad time.
            Yeah, I will have to think where to do those 2 while at home.
            The bad thing is how my house is formed. All rooms are open and really without privacy. My room is right in the middle, so to get from kitchen to the living room, people must go through my room, and most of the time there will be at least one person in one of these 3.
            If it was Summer, I could simply go somewhere out and pray, but now at Winter it's already dark at 18:33. Maybe I could lock into the place where's shower and place where you wash hands, face etc. (No toilet there, it's a separate room).

I will try my best to do my prayers, In Shaa Allah. After getting used to it, In Shaa Allah it wont be that hard anymore.

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
            welcome

are u able to go to the mosque?

just lock ur bedroom door n pray, u dont need to let ur father know ur a muslim if its going to cause hardships
            There aren't any mosques. Not even a single proper mosque in all country. But I plan to make Hijrah after a year or later, if I go to University as well, in any case I would be living without anyone who could deny me practicing Islam fully, In Shaa Allah.
            But thanks for suggestions too, they all are appreciated.

Originally posted by nousername View Post
            was butter ball taken?
            Lol, I just decided to use my steam name. :D

Ask me questions!

Comment

WBats a steam name? Team? Or steam room name
              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Steam is a program which runs computer games, and has some other things like forums (never have used).
                http://store.steampowered.com/

Ask me questions!

Comment

Assalamu `alaykum,

The time 8:12 from what I remember is when the sun has risen so you can't pray after that time (you should notice at this time it is bright outside) so it is recommendable to pray closer to the beginning of the time, so in this case fajr starts at 6:01

Fajr begins 6:01
                  Sunrisen : 8:12

Next is the thuhr prayer ( 12:21 ) and so yes when the prayer expires is when `Asr begins but you don't want to leave it so late that Thuhr has merged into `Asr because that's wrong so when you have your break from 12:30-13:10 is fine.

And insha'Allah `Asr like you said should be okay as it begins 14:04 and you should guard the `Asr prayer as it's important. So Mughrib starting at 4:28 so as long as you excuse yourself from the class when the prayer starts that'll be fine,

Also do you know how to pray? memorized the Surahs?

And the last time, mhm. I understand it may be difficult to remain 'hidden' until you're done so I will try to check about whether it's okay to pray in a shower-room Insha'Allah I'll reply again,

And `Isha lasts for a longer amount of time, Mughrib is considerably less as it expires when `Isha begins so from 4:28 - 6:33 is Mughrib
                  Although it is better to pray on time for sure,

Assalamu `alaykum

btw brother I used this website for the times http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPra...country=latvia

so feel free to keep this website and check for if the times change
                  Allāhu akbar

Comment

Working...
                  X