X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expecting guests, need help with hosting :o

Ansarriyah
    Are we allowed to come around??

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
      :wswrwb:

Lock the house and go out ? Lol
      LOL that's what I would of done
      Last edited by *sheba*; 09-11-13, 01:35 PM.
      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Shut the windows, draw the curtains, turn off all lights and hide :up:

I've done that once and vol-la it works, they knock, knock and give up thinking no one is home and leave.

:fairy:
        Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
          LOL that's what I would of done
          lool tbh i dont mind guests, infact certain ppl ilove having around time and again

but this time am all alone, and i have to manage most of it, this is making me nervous pls make dua for me :(

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
          Ansarriyah
          Are we allowed to come around??
          dude, you dont need invite, infact i could do with some extra helping hand lol

Originally posted by truepath View Post
          add to the list ras malai, rasgullah and gulab jamun... all should be home made.. to make it special... no buying from ambala or anywhere else.
          Aint nobody got time for homemade stuff, its a last minute preparation beside they probably will have dessert @walimah.

savoury suggestions are most welcome though.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
            Shut the windows, draw the curtains, turn off all lights and hide :up:

I've done that once and vol-la it works, they knock, knock and give up thinking no one is home and leave.

:fairy:
            :rotfl: this is what i do when am alone and strangers knock at the door, lol i make sure they dont cathc even my shadow near the window lol

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
            O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Savouries

Puff pastries, got time for that??
              Breadsticks n dips
              Pakora
              Egg fried rice/pasta

N I was thinking about good rather then the washing up gloves :p

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Nachos :love:
                Or tortilla crisps with a choice of salsa and hummus (however you spell it- I love hummus).
                Or gathiya and bombay mix
                ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

halwa
                  gulab jaman
                  laddoo

Comment

people obviously are saying it seriously when they joking about locking the house and turning off the lights to avoid the guest... but this was a special character of sayyiduna Ibrahim alayhis salaam, whenever he used to sit to eat, he would invite a guest to have a meal with him. It comes about him that not a single day would pass that he would not have a guest that he would serve on his sufrah. A very special trait, I think something similar is said about Ali (ra) although not sure if was everyday in Ali (ra)'s case.
                    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

I'd add some savoury stuff to that. Take ur pic: mini kebabs, roast tandoori drumsticks, baked spring rolls or mini filo samosas- stuff along those lines as well as a cake or biscuits. I dunno what khamar is so guessing ur not pakistani?
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                        people obviously are saying it seriously when they joking about locking the house and turning off the lights to avoid the guest... but this was a special character of sayyiduna Ibrahim alayhis salaam, whenever he used to sit to eat, he would invite a guest to have a meal with him. It comes about him that not a single day would pass that he would not have a guest that he would serve on his sufrah. A very special trait, I think something similar is said about Ali (ra) although not sure if was everyday in Ali (ra)'s case.
                        LOL I'm referring to the un-wanted guests, like the same preachers that never want to stop talking or hear your side, advertisers that want to make money of you and drunk-heads that want to use the ''phone''.
                        Gone with the wind.

Comment

Ukti....as much as hosting guests is a big sunnah and carries a great reward if done with the correct intentions, bear in mind the sunnah of simplicity.

These days we go overboard when hosting and as guests we expect a lot too.

Bear in mind they have probably had a lavish meal at a wedding.

Dont hold back when hosting but do not go to extremes either.

You'll be fine inshaAllah :love:
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Dudey take some tips from these lot, the first bit about "bad host", we don't want you scaring away the guests or leaving a bad impression

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            -------------------------------------------------------
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

:wswrwb:

oh em gee!
                              such mehman-nawazi for me!!

my love for you increaseth mani-fold,
                              you, my laKri, are pure gold ~~
                              sigpic

Comment

ps. chocolate toffees won't do, now molten lava cake..yumm!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X