Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expecting guests, need help with hosting :o

:salams

So usually I dodge the whole 'welcoming, serving and entertaining guests' situation as elders take charge of it alhamdulillaah

But today we got walimah in the street and am HOME ALONE, so I got no choice.

I don't know what to prepare :(

They are comin over straight after walimah so they will be well fed, that means i should offer light munchies and nibbles along with tea/coffee or drinks?

definitely going to serve fruits and nuts, but whatelse along with it? and also something for kids particularly?

me plan pls

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Re: Expecting guests, need help with hosting

Walikum all salam,

Maybe a few cakes and cupcakes for the kids?

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?381741-bad-hosts-and-guests

Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Expecting guests, need help with hosting

Wasalaams

Okay so you got the fruits and nuts.

Maybe (you can choose from.here- not expecting all of them on the table!): biscuits, croissants, cakes, cupcakes, maybe a nice cake loaf like madeira or something simple, melon and dates (so yummy and light), scones, crisps and if you really wanted to: those small pies you can get.

Those are the kinds of things we've served before. Insha'Allah fruit, nuts, crisps and something sweet like a cake should be enough if they're coming from a walimah. Depends on their apetites though. That's a whole other story :/
        ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
        U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
          Wasalaams

Maybe (you can choose from.here- not expecting all of them on the table!): biscuits, croissants, cakes, cupcakes, maybe a nice cake loaf like madeira or something simple, melon and dates (so yummy and light), scones, crisps and if you really wanted to: those small pies you can get.

Those are the kinds of things we've served before. Insha'Allah fruit, nuts, crisps and something sweet like a cake should be enough if they're coming from a walimah. Depends on their apetites though. That's a whole other story :/
          Don't forget the all important TEA..
          My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
          As You have sanctified Your house,
          Make my heart as protected and as honoured
          In which permission of entry
          Is only granted to a few,
          Please Allah, allow my heart
          To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
          when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
          In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Expecting guests, need help with hosting

Desi Chai :love:

Deffo needs to be done :up:

Comment

We call it chaa :') im such a fresh

---

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Got some samosas??

Otherwise yeah, cake / biscuits/ nibbles
                Juice ,
                Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post

We call it chaa :') im such a fresh
                  However you pronounce it, it's bootiful :p

Comment

:wswrwb:

Lock the house and go out ? Lol

Id probably bake a simple cake, perhaps carrot or plain, with a savoury snack. ....khamar works well.

Tea and drinks.....and a big warm smile!

Chocolates in a bowl for kids and big kids!
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

However you pronounce it, it's bootiful :p
                      It really is.. I wouldn't do without ittt

---

Comment

Samusa, bhajia, pateriya, and then naan khatai, jeera biscuits and cake rusks..

And a lovely blend of masala chai..

How long will they be staying for?
                        وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                        Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by iam_muslimah View Post
                          Walikum all salam,

Maybe a few cakes and cupcakes for the kids?
                          we dont have bakery in locals so i will have to see what my cash&carry got with regards to cakes :jkk: would be cheap to offer fairy cakes? lol

LOOOOOOOL :jkk: had i knew about this thread, i wouldnt have asked there, that clip is hilarious and i hope i dont make same mistakes what the host in that video did :insha: :)
                          Wasalaams

:jkk: that's the thing, they are coming over soon after walimah so they will be well fed anyway, hence iam confused what to serve, otherwise usual fried goodies would be best option inni

for sweets am going with cakes (swissroll) and almond naan khatai? stil dont knwo if crisps alone would suffice for savory side hmm

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
                          Don't forget the all important TEA..
                          haha :jkk: yes yes, course, most are tea drinkers so :insha: tea for sure

lol with masala eh?

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                          Got some samosas??

Otherwise yeah, cake / biscuits/ nibbles
                          Juice ,
                          samosas was thinking earlier, but wouldnt it be too heavy for after meal ? :/

oh :jkk: i need to get juice too, forgot about that, for kids.

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                          :wswrwb:

Lock the house and go out ? Lol

Id probably bake a simple cake, perhaps carrot or plain, with a savoury snack. ....khamar works well.

Tea and drinks.....and a big warm smile!

Chocolates in a bowl for kids and big kids!
                          OMG you sisters are the bestttttt :jkk: khamar is sucha brill idea and jens no lol i dont have time to cook/bake anything now, they coming after dhuhr :insha:

why i didnt think of chocolates, sucha easy option and liked by most :alhumdull

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
                          Samusa, bhajia, pateriya, and then naan khatai, jeera biscuits and cake rusks..

And a lovely blend of masala chai..

How long will they be staying for?
                          :jkk: jwhat is pateriya? :scratch:

they will be here for couple of hours, and i wont be alone all the time, but only at the beginning when i have to serve snacks and drinks, i will be alone as my fam will be @walimah venue.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

okkkkk so i have decided

SWEET:
                            cakes (any kind)
                            almond khatai
                            mixed fruits

SAVOURY
                            khamar dhokla
                            crisps/desi farsaan

DRINKS
                            juice (any flavour)
                            hot beverages

and lastly lindt assorted truffles plus dry nuts

Does this look good? am not entirely happy with savoury list, if i could add one more to the list, that is light and dont need frying lol got any ideas?

sigpic

Comment

add to the list ras malai, rasgullah and gulab jamun... all should be home made.. to make it special... no buying from ambala or anywhere else.
                              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Working...
                              X