Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alcohol in Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
    Having looked at the origins of the alcohol in Coke and Pepsi I have had reliable information that it is also organic alcohol the same of which is found in plants. Therefore whilst there is an element of doubt, I would refrain from calling it haraam.

In the same breath, a muslim may choose not to drink these drinks because of the doubts associated with them. Is it really worth the risk? An age of torment in return for a few moments of pleasure..?
    does anyone know about fruit juices and bread, i was told that the same thing happens in those products ?
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Re: Alcohol in Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

found this on MCG (http://muslimconsumergroup.com/news.html)

TITLE: No Alcohol was detected in Pepsi according to Latest Lab. Results

No Alcohol was detected in Pepsi according to Latest Lab. Results

Muslim Consumer Group was getting a lot of inquiries about the French study of finding the presence of alcohol in European Coke and Pepsi. MCG sent the samples to Northland Lab in Northfield, IL to use a more sophisticated method of Residual Solvents Identification known as USP 35 method than French's Headspace Gas Chromatography-Flame Ionization Detection (HS-GC-FID) method which cannot quantify the amount of Ethanol or Ethyl Alcohol.

MCG sent unopened Coke, Pepsi and 7 UP bottles to Northland lab to perform alcohol test by using Residual Solvents Identification known as USP 35 method. This method can detect amount of alcohol at least 0.001% or 10 Part Per Million or 10 milligram per liter or more. But this method can't detect less than 0.001% of alcohol.

The alcohol level in Pepsi was less than 0.001% or 10 PPM as reported by Northland Lab. It means they cannot detect alcohol in Pepsi.

MCG has paid over $1200 to perform these analysis for Muslim consumers in USA.

Northland Lab, Northbrook Division, Corporate Office

Date Received: 07/13/2012
      Blanket PO: CREDIT CARD
      Start Date: 07/13/2012
      Due Date: 08/03/2012

Sample ID Product ID Product Description Sample Description Lot Number Request Number
      AD64882 PEPSI - MAR 25 13 090
      58G061823A
      SD SOFT DRINK
      Analyte Name Result Units Specs *
      Provided
      DL Method Reference

Residual Solvents Identification Ethanol < 10 PPM USP 35

Comments: Temperature upon arrival = 22.3 deg C

AOAC Laboratory Proficiency Site # 95190, 30440
      USDA/FSIS - Chemistry #1761
      ISO/IEC 17025 Certificate #AT-1491
      IDPH #17501
      Reviewed By: Accreditation Number:

For any question about these test, please contact Muslim Consumer Group at 1-877-515-1008. Please do not call the Northland Lab.
      لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X