Alcohol in Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol in Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

This article is over a year old but I just heard about it from a friend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1635190.html

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Re: Alcohol in Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

who cares, seriously you think 0.001% is going to affect you?

Comment

Are you even Muslim? All of your posts it seems like you're always arguing with what Allah and SAW MADE HARAM. @superwoman

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
        Are you even Muslim? All of your posts it seems like you're always arguing with what Allah and SAW MADE HARAM. @superwoman
        this is the one line everyone always comes out with lolol

Comment

Originally posted by Superwoman View Post
          this is the one line everyone always comes out with lolol
          Sad day when you find it funny.
          The fact everyone asks you the same question should make you reflect and change yourself.
          You are either a MUSLIM or you are NOT.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

i care. just raising awareness for those that haven't seen it before.

Comment

I take it if I gave you a glass of water with 0.001% urine in it you would be happy to drink it?

Not trying to be rude here

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                I take it if I gave you a glass of water with 0.001% urine in it you would be happy to drink it?

how is alcohol similar to urine at all?

Comment

how is alcohol similar to urine at all?
                  both haram to consume

Comment

:jkk:

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

found this:
                      http://islam.stackexchange.com/quest...-0-001-alcohol
                      The Prophet Muhammad SAW has said, "Whatever intoxicates in large amounts, a small amount of it is (also) haraam" - Abu Dawud, Volume 4, Hadith Number - 3681
                      http://sunnah.com/abudawud/27/13

Comment

both haram to consume
                        its 0.001%, it has no effect on you, orange juice contains small amounts of alcohol aswell,

Comment

its 0.001%, it has no effect on you, orange juice contains small amounts of alcohol aswell,
                          This is a different argument than what you were saying before

Even fruit that is slightly off has elements of alcohol in it, this is why bees or wasps get intoxicated on rotting apples.

Your initial point was basically saying amount doesn't matter, that's not true it does. hence the urine example

Now what you are saying my understanding is that if alcohol is added in whatever amount its not allowed, however if its a natural occurrence in general foodstuffs its not to make things hard for yourself. Today even mangoes and oranges picked from trees can be analysed in such detail that they have traces of what we call alcohol

incidentally if you analysed say mineral water or water from the ''hills of wherever'' you will find traces of many things

The water we drink has been recycled how many times?

Comment

Having looked at the origins of the alcohol in Coke and Pepsi I have had reliable information that it is also organic alcohol the same of which is found in plants. Therefore whilst there is an element of doubt, I would refrain from calling it haraam.

In the same breath, a muslim may choose not to drink these drinks because of the doubts associated with them. Is it really worth the risk? An age of torment in return for a few moments of pleasure..?
                            وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                            Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

london tap water more or less that, chemically altered toilet waste.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X