Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm afraid of turning into an atheist eventually...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm afraid of turning into an atheist eventually...

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
    What kind if questions came up?
    one of my questions is associated with the big bang. A lot of people have that misconception that it's an ''explosion'', which is quite false. it's rather an expansion of matter (which already existed before, and probably always existed, but we cannot come to such conclusions yet) from a high density and temperature. A creationist would always ask , Who caused this happen?
    Scientists don't like to use the term ''Who'', because we don't actually have an evidence for God so they rather use the term ''What caused it''.

People would still argue and wonder how everything is so organized and stuff, but we're talking about more than 13 000 BILLIONS ago. There's a possibility that everything worked on probability with this large amount of time OR because things already has it's nature to be like that and organize the Universe by itself. (because of the nature of how matter, atoms, etc.. works)

Also, if God really originated the existence of things, what's the point of creating a Universe this Big, and we're the only one living it?

I really don't think we can prove God unless we have a material evidence. Otherwise it's just a theory like every other thousands of theories

So this kinda made me thinking
    Last edited by Yusuf_; 07-11-13, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf_ View Post
      one of my questions is associated with the big bang. A lot of people have that misconception that it's an ''explosion'', which is quite false. it's rather an expansion of matter (which already existed before, and probably always existed, but we cannot come to such conclusions yet) from a high density and temperature. A creationist would always ask , Who caused this happen?
      Scientists don't like to use the term ''Who'', because we don't actually have an evidence for God so they rather use the term ''What caused it''.

People would still argue and wonder how everything is so organized and stuff, but we're talking about more than 13 000 BILLIONS ago. There's a possibility that everything worked on probability with this large amount of time OR because things already has it's nature to be like that and organize the Universe by itself. (because of the nature of how matter, atoms, etc.. works)

Also, if God really originated the existence of things, what's the point of creating a Universe this Big, and we're the only one living it?

I really don't think we can prove God unless we have a material evidence. Otherwise it's just a theory like every other thousands of theories

Hamza deals with all of that in his talks and debate, I thought you said you watched them?
      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Science proves God being the creator of the universe.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4E_bT4ecgk
        Muslims Search Engine !
        And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Last edited by Rebel101; 07-11-13, 09:03 AM.
          Gone with the wind.

Comment

I like your question "what's the point of creating a Universe this Big, and we're the only one living it? " . My answer to you is it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if aliens exist or not, or if there is life on any other planets. Its safe to say we don't have the instruments in place to determine about possible life in over lord knows how many billion planets out there. Why bother yourself with these pointless questions and ruin your faith, the more things you question you will eventually come to a stage that will be like and who created Allah SWT (audhobillah) etc. See k refuge in Allah SWT

Comment

Last edited by Zubyr ibn Awwam; 07-11-13, 09:04 AM.

Comment

People would still argue and wonder how everything is so organized and stuff, but we're talking about more than 13 000 BILLIONS ago. There's a possibility that everything worked on probability with this large amount of time OR because things already has it's nature to be like that and organize the Universe by itself.
                What 13000 BILLIONS ago? Where did that come from? Whats the evidence for 13000 billions? Why not 15000 billions? Why not 19000 billions? Why not 27967 Billions? Why not 534323223672323 trillions? Basically I mean to ask what proof, evidence is there for 13000 billlions ago as a number other than the guess work of some scientists?

Why do you believe in the number 13 000 Billions ago? Whats the basis for it? Whats the proof and evidence behind it?
                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Oh yea, and about your explosion/ expansion conundrum
                  Sura thariyat

With power did We construct the heaven. Verily, We are Able to extend the vastness of space thereof.
                  This also proves that the universe is still expanding as your scientist claim

Comment

Comment

To the OP.

Scientists don't concern themselves with the spiritual. They only care about the things that can be touched or measured.

Atheists all say that it is not possible to prove that god does not exist by scientific methods.

At the same time, don't think about the Qu'ran as a science manual. It isn't.

People who reconcile science and religion, do so by thinking that the revelations were made in such a way so that they could be understood by the listeners. What would be the point describing quantum physics in the 6th century? It's almost impossible to understand, even to educated scientists.

People who can reconcile science and religion believe that god gave us enquiring minds, and let us find out science by ourselves.

Don't confuse scientists and Atheist. Some scientists can reconcile the two approaches in their minds.

Religions are about instructing you how to live you life, and what happens after life ends. Science doesn't (can't) speak to that.

If you are an Atheist, you have to be comfortable with not having an answer to some questions.

Comment

You lied

the sahih international translation, as well as many other translation, say : ''And the earth We have spread out, and excellent is the preparer.''

where do you find universe here?

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                          What 13000 BILLIONS ago? Where did that come from? Whats the evidence for 13000 billions? Why not 15000 billions? Why not 19000 billions? Why not 27967 Billions? Why not 534323223672323 trillions? Basically I mean to ask what proof, evidence is there for 13000 billlions ago as a number other than the guess work of some scientists?

Why do you believe in the number 13 000 Billions ago? Whats the basis for it? Whats the proof and evidence behind it?
                          exactly

people are still ignorant about science and they have no knowledge about it.

to answer your Question, go read articles about it. Studies have been performed

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
                            I like your question "what's the point of creating a Universe this Big, and we're the only one living it? " . My answer to you is it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if aliens exist or not, or if there is life on any other planets. Its safe to say we don't have the instruments in place to determine about possible life in over lord knows how many billion planets out there. Why bother yourself with these pointless questions and ruin your faith, the more things you question you will eventually come to a stage that will be like and who created Allah SWT (audhobillah) etc. See k refuge in Allah SWT
                            So you're saying that I should keep my mouth shut, and ignore all the questions I have?

Comment

If you are just going to say 'go read articles' then that shows you have no knowledge.
                              Islam and hadeeths have many sciences, and made many things. Even scientists got surprised.

Here is a documentary
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPlaS...3826BEF4A1EF7B
                              and those who approve
                              http://scienceislam.com/scientists_quran.php

Science has been an evolving topic ever since. Many theories have been blown away by another. There are still battles going on. Just because a majority believes in it doesn't mean it is true.

And you don't have to be non religious to be a scientist. How hard can that be?

Comment

What ayah did I lie about?

Comment

Working...
                                X