Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm afraid of turning into an atheist eventually...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm afraid of turning into an atheist eventually...

I've been having lots of doubts these past 3 months about the Qur'an, and the Religions in general. There are so many Questions that want to ask, but I don't seem to know anyone who is capable of it. I tried talking to Skeikhs in my region, but I am unsatisfied with most of their answers, because my questions is more from a scientific point of view and a lot of sheikhs these days are not qualified for that. (at least in my region). One thing that really disappoints me, is the Muslims. A lot of them seem to get angry very easily or leave it there because the Qur'an says so when I'm questioning the Qur'an and other stuff. Some even criticize me and advise me to stop asking questions or stop pursuing Knowledge from other sources than the Qur'an.

I honestly really hate that. This is exactly what the Christians/Church do to keep people in the religion despite the fact that there are many questions that are left to be answered. I thought Islam was more open about other theories, thoughts etc.. and discuss them.

S basically, my Imaan (faith) is fading away.

What should I do?

Re: I'm afraid of turning into an atheist eventually...

Which other sources are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
      Which other sources are you talking about?
      anything other than the Qur'an. Science books. Debates, Different world views, opinions, facts, history, etc..
      Last edited by Yusuf_; 07-11-13, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf_ View Post
        anything other than the Qur'an. Science books. Debates, Different world views, opinions, facts, history, etc..
        if not Allah, then who?

if not islam, then what?
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Jews used to ask too many questions and thats what lead to their doom.

No harm in asking question if its to seek knowledge otherwise its a disaster.

How about get up at night before fajr at tahajjud time and sincerely beg to Allah to open your heart, clear your doubts and settle your Imaan.

When u say region, what region are you refering to? How about contacting scholars on the internet? Such as askimam.org etc

Basically, if your fundamental knowledge in your deen is strong then it wouldn't shake you and Islam doesn't needs to be complimented by science. Its free from that, infact its the other way around.

What is science? except for ideas of people aka scientists... half the theories they have are not even provable except for their claims and every theory is overridden and disproved by another theory over the years... so you think science is that reliable?
          لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

How often do you read/recite and try to understand quran and pray tahhajud?

Comment

Were you bitten by a wereatheist?
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I've been having lots of doubts these past 3 months about the Qur'an, and the Religions in general. There are so many Questions that want to ask, but I don't seem to know anyone who is capable of it. I tried talking to Skeikhs in my region, but I am unsatisfied with most of their answers, because my questions is more from a scientific point of view and a lot of sheikhs these days are not qualified for that. (at least in my region). One thing that really disappoints me, is the Muslims. A lot of them seem to get angry very easily or leave it there because the Qur'an says so when I'm questioning the Qur'an and other stuff. Some even criticize me and advise me to stop asking questions or stop pursuing Knowledge from other sources than the Qur'an.

I honestly really hate that. This is exactly what the Christians/Church do to keep people in the religion despite the fact that there are many questions that are left to be answered. I thought Islam was more open about other theories, thoughts etc.. and discuss them.

S basically, my Imaan (faith) is fading away.

What should I do?
                Brother, seriously message me your questions. Inshallah I will answer them with the capability and knowledge Allah has bestowed upon me :). Yes it may be a bit frustrating for some muslims because they may think Satan is taking hold of you. But only Allah knows best perhaps he has destined for you to ask questions and become a learned man rather than just a worshipper which unfortunately many muslims are. As a thousand worshipers are easier on Satan then one learned man.
                For if you seek knowledge then ask, ask and Inshallah with Allahs help I will answer.
                Noor-e-Hoo

Comment

Originally posted by Obscurelynigh View Post
                  Brother, seriously message me your questions. Inshallah I will answer them with the capability and knowledge Allah has bestowed upon me :). Yes it may be a bit frustrating for some muslims because they may think Satan is taking hold of you. But only Allah knows best perhaps he has destined for you to ask questions and become a learned man rather than just a worshipper which unfortunately many muslims are. As a thousand worshipers are easier on Satan then one learned man.
                  For if you seek knowledge then ask, ask and Inshallah with Allahs help I will answer.
                  I will add you, we can discuss this later

Comment

do you ask real questions or silly questions?

give an example
                    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                      Jews used to ask too many questions and thats what lead to their doom.

No harm in asking question if its to seek knowledge otherwise its a disaster.

How about get up at night before fajr at tahajjud time and sincerely beg to Allah to open your heart, clear your doubts and settle your Imaan.

When u say region, what region are you refering to? How about contacting scholars on the internet? Such as askimam.org etc

Basically, if your fundamental knowledge in your deen is strong then it wouldn't shake you and Islam doesn't needs to be complimented by science. Its free from that, infact its the other way around.

What is science? except for ideas of people aka scientists... half the theories they have are not even provable except for their claims and every theory is overridden and disproved by another theory over the years... so you think science is that reliable?
                      I'm just someone who wants to know the truth in a deeper level of understanding.

Honestly, a lot of Religion in general tend to make judgements on sciences as a whole with their basic knowledge of it. There is a lot of things in science that are hard to explain, unless you make an effort to understand it. People are still ignorant about science and they think they can explain everything in few words.

We're talking about 2 different worldviews here. you can't really draw conclusions until you study them without having a prejudice mind. Science is based on evidences & facts, this is what most Atheists get their assurance from. There's a bit of misconception about ''Theories''. A lot of Muslims think a theory is just a random idea or hypothesis, but that's not correct. A theory is backed up and supported by evidences, logic, and studies. Otherwise, it's not applicable in the scientific field.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                        do you ask real questions or silly questions?

give an example
                        It depends on your definition of ''silly questions'' and what's stupid to you.

what do you mean by that?

I just want to know something for the sake of learning and clearing misconceptions (if I have any). That's all

Comment

It depends on your definition of ''silly questions'' and what's stupid to you.

what do you mean by that?

I just want to know something for the sake of learning and clearing misconceptions (if I have any). That's all
                          How much were you raised in Islam?
                          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                            How much were you raised in Islam?
                            What does it have to do with the point?

anyways, If you want to know, I was born in a Muslim family, but I wasn't really practicing until the age of 16, after watching lectures, reading qur'an, sunnah, watching videos from people like: Hamza Tzortsis, Ahmed deedat, Zakir Naik, Yusha evans, Khalid Yasin, (and the list goes on).
                            Last edited by Yusuf_; 07-11-13, 07:37 AM.

Comment

What kind if questions came up?

Comment

Working...
                              X