Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quick- does somebody how to cook this keema (mince) thing in the oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: quick- does somebody how to cook this keema (mince) thing in the oven?

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    We call it kheema cake (qeema nu lagan/pudding in gujjji )

basically what we do is, cook mince meat with all usual spices then cool it down, after that add eggs in it (for 250gms mince we use 8 eggs), mix it well, it will be like a cake batter, after that add in it coriander chopped and green garlic chopped (or any dry herbs you prefer), mix again.

Now prepare the cake tin: warm up the cake tin, add ghee in it so it melts and greases the base and sides of the tin, now pour this mixture in the tin and bake it :)

ones its baked/hardened , take it out, cut into cake slices, squeeze lemon on it and enjoy :up:
    We have this...sometimes with blended almonds in the mixture.

If you want it layered then make atta 9 plain flour, hot water, a bit of salt ) and make very very very thin rotis and layer the kheema mixture before baking, in the baking tray!
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

lol oooooooh MEATLOAF!
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

So I was right, keema cake!

Sounds like a good way to make kids eat their dinner, tell them it's a cake.

Comment

A meat cake... sounds meaty... can't there also be layers of aubergine or courgette... something like moussaka... layer it with veges :up:
          Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
            A meat cake... sounds meaty... can't there also be layers of aubergine or courgette... something like moussaka... layer it with veges :up:
            I have really bad childhood memories of them

Thanks for bringing them back :up:
            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
              I have really bad childhood memories of them

Thanks for bringing them back :up:
              No problem. I am always there to remind you if you ever need it :up:

Jk. I hope the memorises are not that bad... they can be tasty... mhmmm
              Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                No problem. I am always there to remind you if you ever need it :up:

Jk. I hope the memorises are not that bad... they can be tasty... mhmmm
                I'd rather pass. I don't want to be put off for another 15 years thank you very much I hope that as time changes, as I grow older, they become my friends. But I very much doubt it.

Please tell us how the dish came out OP and whether it was a success insha'Allah :)
                ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

the best ever is made in my house! yummmmmmmmmmmmmm
                  46 & 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
                    meatloaf

you mix keema with onions, seasoning, and like an egg or two. you shape it into a loaf of break and bake it in the oven. time and temp depending on your oven
                    loool that didn't even cross my mind.
                    Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                      We have this...sometimes with blended almonds in the mixture.

If you want it layered then make atta 9 plain flour, hot water, a bit of salt ) and make very very very thin rotis and layer the kheema mixture before baking, in the baking tray!
                      you mean raw rotis or done? never heard of this method before

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                      So I was right, keema cake!

Sounds like a good way to make kids eat their dinner, tell them it's a cake.
                      loooool kids would expect it to be sweeeeeeet.

like how mince pies are really not MINCE pies

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                      O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Working...
                      X