Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go to Hajj with her?

-:salams

-The start things off, my family and this other family have been very close with each other so I used to visit them a lot when I was a child. Basically we formed a strong family bond with them even till this day so I always refer to them as aunt uncles ect. One of the people of that family is like a second mother to me since she's always been like that to me when I was young and she's Muslim. Her and her son opened Islam up to me and it was through them that I became fascinated with the religion. But to get to the point, she's 50 years old and wants to make Hajj but her son can't do it because he won't be able to during that time. I'm asking can I act as a mahram for her to go to Hajj since I really wish to make Hajj as well since we both never went? :jkk:

Re: Can I go to Hajj with her?

Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
    -:salams

-The start things off, my family and this other family have been very close with each other so I used to visit them a lot when I was a child. Basically we formed a strong family bond with them even till this day so I always refer to them as aunt uncles ect. One of the people of that family is like a second mother to me since she's always been like that to me when I was young and she's Muslim. Her and her son opened Islam up to me and it was through them that I became fascinated with the religion. But to get to the point, she's 50 years old and wants to make Hajj but her son can't do it because he won't be able to during that time. I'm asking can I act as a mahram for her to go to Hajj since I really wish to make Hajj as well since we both never went? :jkk:
    No, you can't...!!!

See the penultimate paragraph in this link, that details who can be a mahram:-

http://islamqa.info/en/316

Comment

:wswrwb: only way you can take her unless you marry her.

Allah reward you for your lovely intention. amin
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
        No, you can't...!!!

See the penultimate paragraph in this link, that details who can be a mahram:-

http://islamqa.info/en/316
        -:jkk: ahki, inshallah I'll be able to make Hajj soon.

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          :wswrwb: only way you can take her unless you marry her.

Allah reward you for your lovely intention. amin
          -Had a feeling that would be the only option but wanted to make sure since it's for the sole purpose of making Hajj. When her son went and told me everything about it, it was like I was there which made me want to go so bad. But inshallah I'll go one day, amin and may Allah make your ahkira easy.

Comment

go while you can insha Allah the prices are becoming ridiculous, you will have nice brothers with you for company insha Allah, eveyone has to share a hotel room.

the sister is exempt from haj if she doesnt have a mahram to travel. so insha Allah she can go with her son Another time. they have a rule now you can only go once every five years but if you are taking a woman because you are her mahram then you can go before five years so its no problem for her son to go again insha Allah.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
            X