Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fostering in the west

Salam alaykum

the imam just spoke to us about a convert sister who has had 4 of her children placed into a lesbian home. Social services made clear that they were unable to find a muslim family that could take in these 4 children.

The sister was given the mic subhanalah she begged families to take her children and raise them upon the deen. The sister was crying, and through her sobs she kept saying if you are muslims help me.

why can't we do something on a national scale in in every country to solve this issue

Re: fostering in the west

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    Salam alaykum

the imam just spoke to us about a convert sister who has had 4 of her children placed into a lesbian home. Social services made clear that they were unable to find a muslim family that could take in these 4 children.

The sister was given the mic subhanalah she begged families to take her children and raise them upon the deen. The sister was crying, and through her sobs she kept saying if you are muslims help me.

why can't we do something on a national scale in in every country to solve this issue
    In the UK, it is not legal to discriminate against gay couples as potential carers.

The Catholics have already appealed and as I see it, they have failed.

Most non religious charities like Barnado's are actively trying to recruit gay carers, as they see it as a way to reduce the shortage.

Comment

Salam alaykum

So sad that the children have been taken away from their mother, I wonder what she did wrong. And of all the places to end up. How unfortunate.....a sad story.

Adoption, fostering isn't seen with much favour in certain countries. People don't really want to take care of other peoples children. They want their own. It would be nice if adoption was more popular.

Comment

^She didn't necessarily have to do anything wrong in order to lose her kids. The other problem is that as she is a convert sister, quite often social services seem to prioritise that children are sent to a home of people belonging to the same ethnic background so this would make it even harder to find a Muslim family for them. Does she want the children back? Cos' if she does then the next step should be for the community to rally round to assist her in getting proper accommodation, stability and support so that the kids can be sent back to her.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Whatever the problem, the masjid was in tears. such an event makes even the most hard hearted of us cry.

Imagine how hard it must be to see your child be raised as christian by a lesbian couple

Comment

Salam alaykum

Subhan'Allah! I would love to foster, if only I had a place of my own.
            My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
            As You have sanctified Your house,
            Make my heart as protected and as honoured
            In which permission of entry
            Is only granted to a few,
            Please Allah, allow my heart
            To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
            when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
            In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Wa alaykumasalaam

There is a great need but I think some are put off by the long application process. I know of an agency that takes Muslim children ah it's called "bridging gaps fostering agency" google it for those interested. It's based in Southall West London

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              -------------------------------------------------------
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

My understanding is that social services will try hard to help a family stick together, even if the level of parenting is poor, rather than break one up.

Something serious must have happened.

Also, it's a small detail, but it's not highly likely for a lesbian couple to be practising Christians. It's possible, but a lesbian couple would probably have some difficulty with some Churces. Certainly they would not be welcome in a lot of catholic ones.

Most likely they will not be religious, although the authorities would maybe want to make some effort to keep the kids connected to their "roots". I'm not exactly sure how that would work though.

Comment

From what i understand is that she can get her kids back if she shows that she has a home and some sort of financial income.

tonight they collected 1K for her and the mosque has found a potential brother who is practising and known the the community who is willing to step up.

good news alhamdulilah

Comment

wow, alhamdulillah

Allahu akbur!!

Comment

From what i understand is that she can get her kids back if she shows that she has a home and some sort of financial income.

tonight they collected 1K for her and the mosque has found a potential brother who is practising and known the the community who is willing to step up.

good news alhamdulilah
                      that's so good to hear.
                      please please keep us updated.
                      stories like this need to be publicised so the community can step up and help the sister out.

also, could you advise the mosque committee to get her into contact with different sisters who could help her out and stuff.
                      even if it's online and in a different country, a lending ear is never something to turn down.
                      'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                      Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                      علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
                        My understanding is that social services will try hard to help a family stick together, even if the level of parenting is poor, rather than break one up.

Something serious must have happened.

Also, it's a small detail, but it's not highly likely for a lesbian couple to be practising Christians. It's possible, but a lesbian couple would probably have some difficulty with some Churces. Certainly they would not be welcome in a lot of catholic ones.

Most likely they will not be religious, although the authorities would maybe want to make some effort to keep the kids connected to their "roots". I'm not exactly sure how that would work though.
                        children in the uk are only accommodated by the local authority when there is a serious issue, local authorities like all other government departments have budget constraints which would mean that they would try to keep the family unit together, if however this cannot occur for whatever reason then children are removed.

As to the children being placed with a lesbian couple, again the matching process for children and young people in the care of the local authority mean that sometimes they cannot get a criteria match close to the children/young people, however this is also dependent on the carer availability
                        82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

good news alhamdulilah
                          thats the kind of thing i allways used to think about when first learning about islam, the brotherhood, community type thing. everyone helping each other out.

nice to see it in work here for a important thing.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

good news alhamdulilah
                            Allhmdillah :love: this story was making me sad when I first read it, so allhumdillah for the good news
                            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Working...
                            X