Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Eye

Salaam,

I just want to clarify upon this one thing. If you know that someone close to you is constantly jealous at you. He/she always tries to find out everything about you and copycats everything you do, is that called an evil eye? If yes, how should we tackle that? Will it harm us?
    ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: Evil Eye

Asalamu alaykum,

Brothe/ sister I advise you to read surah al baqarah finish t at least once every few days ad read Quran daily, and recite the three quls, blow, and spit a little into ur palms and wipe over ur body. This is from the sunnah.
    The evil eye is no joke, I advise you honesty be careful and don't dislclose ur affairs to someone who you don't think will aid you in succeeding in that affair
    Plus you can always tell if someones jealous of you. It's either shown on their face or their words, which is also mentioned in a Hadith that whatever's in the Heart is shown in your facial expression or the slip of the tounge( perhaps in different wording but same meaning)
    I advise you from my own personal experience that if someone is constantly enquiring about your life, the good things and bad their either most likely jealous or just genuinely caring and you can differentiate between the two.
    Be careful, because from my own experience, something similar happened to me and the person I strongly believe had to do wth it was always mentioning the blessing I had, always, and the jealousy and enmity showed on their face when I had problems.

Comment

Wa'alaikumussalam

I recite Al Quran everyday and every night before sleep I recite three Quls too. Is that enough protection? What should I do with that person? Should I avoid her? I can tell that she does not actually care about my feelings but she just wants to know everything about me. And then after I am telling what I am doing she is imitating my action. It may be good deeds that she has imitated. But I feel that she is not sincere.
      ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Remember one thing : that's Allah is the best of Protectors and remember that whatever good has been decreed for u will never miss you and any bad which has been decreed for you will never misss you. This is in the Hands of Allah. Not anyone. This is also mentioned in a Hadith, I'd find he quote for you but Im on the phone so it's bit difficult.
        May Allah be kind to you and protect you. Ameen.

I would advise you to carefully examine what you think is best, make dua, and choose that whih is best. Is this person just really cute like a little younger family member/ friend and really admires you? That's cute, if so, teach them to say ma Shaa Allah and Allahuma barak.
        Whereas if you feel this person is just plain dodgy like asking about ur life, asking others about you, constantly interesting and commenting on ur blessings then best to stay away. It depends on how they behave.

You can tell though, if they're very cunning or just really cute and admiring.
        In my case, it was a sister who was in the latter, she would continuously mention my ni'mah, ask others, constantly enquire about me, then I started to have problems, even tho she would say ma Shaa Allah etc. then I had problems and I could tell from her face the enmity.its obvious.

Now that she's left it's like this negative energy has been removed alhamdulillah.
        Just be careful, I know a beautiful quote which mentions that you should not disclose anything to anyone who will not aid you in succeeding in that affair e.g through good words, advice, support.
        You don't know what they conceal in their heart

Comment

thanks for the insight ^^
          'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
          Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
          علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
            Salaam,

I just want to clarify upon this one thing. If you know that someone close to you is constantly jealous at you. He/she always tries to find out everything about you and copycats everything you do, is that called an evil eye? If yes, how should we tackle that? Will it harm us?
            Salam

The evil eye is the name for a sickness or misfortune transmitted, usually with or without intention, by someone who is envious, jealous, and covetous from men and jinn. It can affect anyone, even livestock. So judging by what you have said it very well could be the evil eye.

It can harm indeed, symptoms of evil eye are feelings of physical and emotional tiredness, unexplained bad luck or even illness. But don't look too much into this. How to protect oneself. The quran of course. Recite Al-Faatihah , Ayat-ul-Kursi (verse 255 of Surah Baqara 2nd Surah) and Last two or four Surahs of Quran. Ayat ul Kursi is exceptionally good in protecting oneself from the evil eye and the shaitan. To prevent casting the evil eye oneself, should say mashallah when talking about someone.

As for why she is imitating you, maybe you could confront her and ask her intentions and be straightforward. I'm not sure, people are unpredictable. It could be nothing, you could advise her to say mashallah when talking about you don't know how that would be done and focus on discussing topics on Islam, I suppose you are the best judge being in this situation as to what she is trying to be like. Hope I'm making sense here. I'm not very good at giving advice about how women should talk to one another, normally I steer clear of this, as it know better then to get in involved.

Hope I answered about evil eye and this helps.

Also see
            http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11359

Comment

Jazakumullah khair @confusedsister and brother @UFM

I don't know what her intention is but I am gonna try to be khusnudzon (good thinking) on her. I will ask her to say Mashaa Allah and I will Inshaa Allah do a lot of dhikr.

May Allah protect us.

Comment

Besides the above mentioned dua's and all that,there is another islamic perspective.It is to not to believe in good or bad omens cause sometimes thinking and worrying about whether somebody placed an evil eye on u or are jealous of u can lead to more mental illnesses.In fact much of what passes for jinn possession are infact mental illnesses.Isnt the word jinn also synonymous with 'junoon' meaning 'mad/crazy/lunatic'.
                Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Comment

Working...
                X