Passing around the bucket in the mosque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing around the bucket in the mosque

It's a weird one but is this something that was done by the early generations of Islam.

Its so embarresing because i never keep cash on me and because my work requires me to travel a lot most of the mosques i end up going are Asian (not sure if it is specific to the hanafi fiqh) and they pass each person the bucket along the line during during Jumah to put money in and when i see it coming towards me I start having panic attacks cuz (I aint got no doe) I can hear so much coin noises being dropped in and notes flying in when it is my turn and it is given to me all the noise stops and there is a huge silence and everyone looks (mostly from the corner of the eye) as if I just kicked the window in and smashed the glass and turned glowing yellow like when Goku becomes a saiyan in dragon ball Z ( I feel to just put my credit card in but no1 knows my pin) so i just pass it along to the brother next to me. (<--you must be out of breath cuz there was only one full stop in the whole paragraph)

This isn't the case in my masjid, they just have a save (with a whole in it, always asked myself, how is it a safe if you can cut a whole in it) stuck on the wall near the entrance. And in another Salafi mosque they have a brother stand out side at the end of jumah.

(apologis for any grammatical/spelling am at wok)
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Re: Passing around the bucket in the mosque

I've seen it happen, but the masjid i go to, has someone at the door with a bucket and you can put money in when u are entering/leaving.....along with another collection bucket in the main corridor
    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
      I've seen it happen, but the masjid i go to, has someone at the door with a bucket and you can put money in when u are entering/leaving.....along with another collection bucket in the main corridor
      Yeah, that seems to be the case in the masjids around me. Is there a reason for the difference though or...
      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

first time seeing the bucket? be prepared next time. take cash.
        لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
          It's a weird one but is this something that was done by the early generations of Islam.

Its so embarresing because i never keep cash on me and because my work requires me to travel a lot most of the mosques i end up going are Asian (not sure if it is specific to the hanafi fiqh) and they pass each person the bucket along the line during during Jumah to put money in and when i see it coming towards me I start having panic attacks cuz (I aint got no doe) I can hear so much coin noises being dropped in and notes flying in when it is my turn and it is given to me all the noise stops and there is a huge silence and everyone looks (mostly from the corner of the eye) as if I just kicked the window in and smashed the glass and turned glowing yellow like when Goku becomes a saiyan in dragon ball Z ( I feel to just put my credit card in but no1 knows my pin) so i just pass it along to the brother next to me. (<--you must be out of breath cuz there was only one full stop in the whole paragraph)

This isn't the case in my masjid, they just have a save (with a whole in it, always asked myself, how is it a safe if you can cut a whole in it) stuck on the wall near the entrance. And in another Salafi mosque they have a brother stand out side at the end of jumah.

was done by sababbah and tabiyeen? first i heard of this. they do it in the catholic church, but i wasnt aware it was done in the time of the prophet :saw: can anyone enlighten me on this with ahadith insha Allah :jkk:
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

:rotfl::rotfl:
            At our masjid they just have it on a table, anyone that want's to put money in can, nobody sits there guarding it
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

The bucket only gets passed around during Eid salah. For Jummah it tends to be a bucket near the entrance. If you are embarrassed then just make sure you have pound coin with you at the very least.

Comment

hmm didnt know this

but what is the money for? the mosque or charities ?
                My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Its just different ways of collecting money.

It has no relevance with fiqh, e.t.c.

Normally money raised this way are for funds needed for the masjid bills, maintenance work and stuff like.
                  وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                  Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Double post. Sorry
                    وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                    Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Some brothers use their topi's as the money collection.

Comment

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb

Will post the answer soon Insha Allah

Comment

dont know ifits permissible but it does make people come out those pockets. theres one masjid i know of that passes it aroumd after magrib and isha every day and if you put too little money in there then the brother with.the bucket will cqll you out like "whats this?" lol

Comment

It is permissible to collect money for the Masjid in the Masjid on condition that;

no noise and disturbance is created,

no one is forced or embarrassed in to giving. (Fataawa Mahmoodiyah V22 P370).

Moulana Yusuf Laher

Comment

I start having panic attacks cuz (I aint got no doe) I can hear so much coin noises being dropped in and notes flying in when it is my turn and it is given to me all the noise stops and there is a huge silence and everyone looks (mostly from the corner of the eye) as if I just kicked the window in and smashed the glass and turned glowing yellow like when Goku becomes a saiyan in dragon ball Z ( I feel to just put my credit card in but no1 knows my pin) so i just pass it along to the brother next to me. (<--you must be out of breath cuz there was only one full stop in the whole paragraph)
                              man, you have got a way to how to dramatise and sensationalise stuff... I could almost visualise everything you described there...

to answer your Q... don't know where you got fiqh into that... it has nothing to do with any fiqh...

like most places even masaajid need money to pay bills for all the utilities... the payment isn't gonna fall from the sky and someone will have to contribute.. therefore its just a way of collecting funds..

people stand infront of the other masjid with boxes or put the boxes at the entrance of the mosque... or fit a box on the wall at the entrance of some mosque... is that from fiqh or was this practiced in the time of sahaba? so likewise its just a different ways of collection of money... not sure why fiqh needs to come into picture in this.

and when I was in brisbane, the bucket was taken around by one of the brothers in each row... rather than passing from one brother to another... and i wasn't ever embarrassed for not putting in....you put when you have cash and you just let the person pass by or in your case, let the bucket pass by to another person... dont know whats so embarrassing about it.. if you throw the money in, just because otherwise its embarrassing thats not even the right niyah... so don't worry and dont have these panic attacks next time you go into those asian masjids.
                              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X