Forgiveness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgiveness

Reported by Ibn `Umar (RA): I heard Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying, "A believer will be brought close to his Rab on the Day of Resurrection and enveloping him in His Mercy, He (SWT) will make him confess his sins by saying: `Do you remember (doing) this sin and this sin?í He will reply: `My Rubb, I remember.í Then He (SWT) will say: `I covered it up for you in the life of world, and I forgive it for you today.í Then the record of his good deeds will be handed to him."

[Bukhari & Muslim]

pls put any quran verses/hadith/videos on this subject here :jkk:
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Re: Forgiveness

Very relevant to the ummah forum theme :up:
    Bye...

Comment

Surah Ali 'Imran
      And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know. Those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers. (3:135-136)

Comment

Surah Az-Zumar
        Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (39:53)

Comment

Sahih Muslim Book 37. Repentance And Exhortation Of Repentance
          Print

Bismillah-Hir-Rahman-Nir-Raheem
          Chapter : The mercy of Allah predominates his wrath.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: My mercy excels My wrath.

:inlove:
          Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself but then seeks forgiveness of Allah will find Allah Forgiving and Merciful. 4:110
            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Abu Huraira said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) say, ĎA servant committed a sin and he said, "O Allah, I have committed a sin, so forgive me." Allah said, "Does my servant know that he has a Lord who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive my servant." After some time, the man committed another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said "Does my servant know that he has a Lord who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive my servant." After some time the man committed yet another sin so he said. "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "Does my servant know that he has a Lord who forgives sins and helps him? O servant do what you like, I have granted you forgiveness."

Al-Bukhari, kitab at-Tawhid, 13/488; Muslim

Comment

I read somewhere, but not sure where, and hope somebody can verify this? But I read that the prophet :saw: said the gates of forgiveness are so wide, that it takes 30 years to reach one end from the other, and that this gate is always open until the Day of Judgement.

Comment

وَالَّذِينَ لا يَدْعُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَهًا آخَرَ وَلا يَقْتُلُونَ النَّفْسَ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلا بِالْحَقِّ وَلا يَزْنُونَ وَمَنْ يَفْعَلْ ذَلِكَ يَلْقَ أَثَامًا (٦٨)يُضَاعَفْ لَهُ الْعَذَابُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَيَخْلُدْ فِيهِ مُهَانًا (٦٩)إِلا مَنْ تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلا صَالِحًا فَأُولَئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَحِيمًا

68. and those who invoke not any other Il‚h (God) along with All‚h, nor kill such life as All‚h has forbidden, except for just Cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does This shall receive the punishment.
                  69. the torment will be doubled to Him on the Day of Resurrection, and He will abide therein In disgrace;
                  70. except those who repent and believe (in Isl‚mic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, All‚h will change their sins into good deeds, and All‚h is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Suratul Furqan]
                  ďVerily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.Ē Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ĎMadarij as-SalikinĒ 1/218)

Comment

Also, I took this from another thread by Ibn muqaddas (great story).

Abu dharr (ra) narrates that the prophet (saws) said: "A monk from Bani Israeel remained worshipping Allah for 60 years in his monastery. One day it rained heavily and the land became fertile. The monk appeared from his monastery and said to himself: 'If I go down (from the monastery) I can engage in the remembrance of Allah and increase my good deeds.' So he descended and he had with him one or two flat loaves of bread. After wandering a while he met a woman and began having a conversation with her until finally they ended up committing zina. He fainted (out of regret) and when he regained consciousness he took a bath in a pond. As he was taking the bath a beggar came to him. He indicated with his hands that the beggar should take the loaves of bread. Eventually the monk died. His worship of 60 years was weighed against the one time he committed zina. The zina outweighed his Ibadah. Then the one or two loaves of bread were placed with his good deeds and it was found that the bread outweighed his good deeds and for that he was forgiven." (Sahih Ibn hibban 1:298)

In Ibn masud's mawquf narration it has it that the zina outweighed the Ibadah but the bread given in charity outweighed the zina. (Bayhaqi)

Comment

SubhanAllah

Comment

They should rather pardon and overlook. Would you not love Allah to forgive you? Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'an, 24:22)
                        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Invisabump

Comment

Allah is ever forgiving and all merciful but what bothers me ppl rights, that we should ask them to forgive us in this life
                            Otherwise we gonna pay for it from our good deeds in hereafter
                            How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Most Beautiful Dua'a - Forgiveness

اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

'Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul-'afwa, fa'fu 'anni'

(O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me).

Here is the full Hadith -

حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، عَنْ كَهْمَسِ بْنِ الْحَسَنِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهَا قَالَتْ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَرَأَيْتَ إِنْ وَافَقْتُ لَيْلَةَ الْقَدْرِ مَا أَدْعُو قَالَ ‏ "‏ تَقُولِينَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي ‏"‏ ‏.

It was narrated from 'Aishah that she said:

"O Messenger of Allah, what do you think I should say in my supplication, if I come upon Laylatul-Qadr?" He said: "Say: 'Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul-'afwa, fa'fu 'anni (O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me).'"

Grade: Sahih
                              Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah 3850
                              In-book reference: Book 34, Hadith 24
                              English translation: Vol. 5, Book 34, Hadith 3850

Note: I put this thread here for a reason, so that everyone can benefit from this beautiful dua'a, especially since Ramadhan is coming.

We should make this dua'a frequently especially in Ramadhan as Ramadhan is a month of Mercy and Forgiveness.
                              "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".
                              [Ibn Qayyim- al Jawziyyah]

Comment

Working...
                              X