Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it pointless to ask help from Allah sometime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it pointless to ask help from Allah sometime?

They say everyone needs to be proud of their looks. However, we all need to agree that Allah hasn't blessed a fair portion of humanity with beauty. And they are being tested harshly because people/society are judging them on daily basis. So they end up having self-esteem issues, which can be extreme at some cases. Coming from personal experience, living life when you have very low self esteem is very difficult and leaves you with no other choices but to isolate yourself or die (especially when you tried your best to seek help). I was afflicted with an illness since birth, that affected my overall looks. I look very different than others. It's also hard for me to get along with others. And I know my problem, won't be solved unless I pray to God for an early death since I have no place here or just cause myself to Die.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but let's be honest here, In our society, we know how to separate ''Ugliness'' and ''Beauty''.

I apologize if you think I'm exaggerating a bit. I'm someone who has a hard time understanding the trials of life. Especially when you're desperate to find ease.
    Last edited by Yusuf_; 23-10-13, 07:34 AM.

Re: Is it pointless to ask help from Allah sometime?

To be proud of your looks, to start off with, is not a requirement or fair in itself. This world is a place of tests, trials and tribulations. What people or society considers of you doesnt mean anything. What Allah wants from us is what is important, and that is what counts. Try to please Allah, not people, in that way you will not be bothered to live up to their expectations.

But as long as you try to please Allah, and stay away from sins, you have gained a lot in terms of your aakhirah, and even in this world. A person may not have the best of outer looks but if he has inner beauty that is what makes him a wonderful person.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Allah tells us again, and again in many ayaat that he is Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem. Allah rahma is so vast that all kinds of mercy we see on earth (i.e. mother lovingly taking care of her children, even animals being compassionate towards each other) are 1 part of a 100. The other 99 parts are saved for the hereafter and qiyaama if I am not mistaken.

Never despair from the mercy of Allah . Allah tells us to ask, and he will give us and help us. We are his slaves, one of Allah names is Al Wadood and that means loving. So never despair, and never feel like there is no use in making du`a.

A part of Allah mercy is choosing what afflicts us. That is why in some cases calls a museeba it was meant to befall you.

Everyone is tested in one way or another. If it isn't looks it is health or something else. It is an oath Allah makes in Qur'an, and that is the way it is.

My sister introduced me to one of her friends. The girl was very pretty Ma sha' Allah, and she was telling us about how she was recovering from cancer. Subhaan Allah.

Looking at her you would never assume she it. And the cancer is back again a second time I ask Allah to cure her, and all Muslims. Allahuma Ameen.

So I really think that we should remember the mercy of Allah regardless of what we are going through. Why do you care what people think? People will always have opinions regarding every single thing about you.

I have met some beautiful girls but some of them talk so profane it makes your ears hurt, they don't care and will backbite against anyone and everyone, and to make matters worse some of them don't really care about what is halaal and haraam. May Allah distance us from those evil types.

Good akhlaaq, and kindness over looks any day of the week.

Just worry about pleasing Allah and if someone calls you ugly tell them straight up they wouldn't be able to create a mosquito. Let alone a human in the most perfect way possible.

If it is a serious deformity then some shuyookh say you can actually get plastic surgery to mimimise that feature such that it doesn't bring you that much attention. Otherwise I say ignore narrow-minded people that reduce an entire human being to physique. Not the kind you should be associating yourself with anyway.
      Last edited by ceeri_sista; 23-10-13, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf_ View Post
        They say everyone needs to be proud of their looks. However, we all need to agree that Allah hasn't blessed a fair portion of humanity with beauty. And they are being tested harshly because people/society are judging them on daily basis. So they end up having self-esteem issues, which can be extreme at some cases. Coming from personal experience, living life when you have very low self esteem is very difficult and leaves you with no other choices but to isolate yourself or die (especially when you tried your best to seek help). I was afflicted with an illness since birth, that affected my overall looks. I look very different than others. It's also hard for me to get along with others. And I know my problem, won't be solved unless I pray to God for an early death since I have no place here or just cause myself to Die.

I apologize if you think I'm exaggerating a bit. I'm someone who has a hard time understanding the trials of life. Especially when you're desperate to find ease.
        Everyone gets tested in their own way and some of us will continue to suffer for our entire lives. Wanting to die is perfectly natural when you feel you cannot cope with the hand you have been dealt. Praying for an early death is a prayer that will not be answered and as suicide is haram there's no way out I'm afraid.

Another night = another day closer to death so try to pass the time as best you can.
        "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but let's be honest here, In our society, we know how to separate ''Ugliness'' and ''Beauty''.

There are going to be a lot of physically "beautiful people" in Hellfire.

and alot of "ugly" people in Jannah.

The Sahabi Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) was mocked for being a "weakling" a shepeard with thin/skinny legs, yet Allah (swt)
          decreed that he would be the one to cut off the head of the worst enemy of Allah (swt), Abu Jahl.

The Sahabi Bilaal (ra) was mocked and enslaved because of the color of his skin, but where is he (ra) today and where are
          his mockers ? He is in gardens of Barzakh and Bliss with the record that will take him to highest heavens and the oppressors
          are in pits of fire preparing to enter their home which is the fire of Jahanam.

In the end it is all vanity, because in Akhirah everybody gets a new Avatar/Body anyway.

Comment

I finally found a hadith which shows a halal way to wish for death :

The Prophet :saw: said, "None of you should wish for death because of a calamity befalling him; but if he has to wish for death, he should say: "O Allah! Keep me alive as long as life is better for me, and let me die if death is better for me.' " Bukhari Book 75 Patients

حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا ثَابِتٌ الْبُنَانِيُّ، عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ لاَ يَتَمَنَّيَنَّ أَحَدُكُمُ الْمَوْتَ مِنْ ضُرٍّ أَصَابَهُ، فَإِنْ كَانَ لاَ بُدَّ فَاعِلاً فَلْيَقُلِ اللَّهُمَّ أَحْيِنِي مَا كَانَتِ الْحَيَاةُ خَيْرًا لِي، وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا كَانَتِ الْوَفَاةُ خَيْرًا لِي ‏"‏‏.‏

There's a different reference number for the English version but the hadith is the same.

:insha: this dua will be answered.
            "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Working...
            X